Next meeting February 16th

Erik de Castro Lopo

Feb 8, 2012, 7:58:25 AM2/8/12
to fp-...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,

Our next meeting, the first for 2012, will be held on Thursday, February
16th, starting at 6:30pm.

As per the schedule:

http://fp-syd.ouroborus.net/

Our presenters this month will be:

* Ben Sinclair : A certified adder in Agda (lightning talk)

* Raphael Speyer

* Brian McKenna, Roy - a function language that compiles to Javascript

* Eric Torreborre, The Essence of the Iterator Pattern

The meeting will be held at the Google offices at 48 Pirrama Road,
Pyrmont, in a building called Workplace6 (or WP6).

(map:
http://maps.google.com.au/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=en&q=48+Pirrama+Rd,+Pyrmont+NSW+2009&sll=-25.335448,135.745076&sspn=46.465145,88.505859&ie=UTF8&cd=1&geocode=FSo8-_0dhw8DCQ&split=0&z=16
)

The RSVP form is here:

https://spreadsheets.google.com/formResponse?formkey=cjlDYkJOSkF0RXNoVkwzUDBfUG1Ia2c6MA..

which helps us gauge attendance for catering purposes.

Cheers,
Erik

Erik de Castro Lopo
http://www.mega-nerd.com/

Erik de Castro Lopo

Feb 14, 2012, 11:25:48 PM2/14/12
to fp-...@googlegroups.com
Erik de Castro Lopo wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Our next meeting, the first for 2012, will be held on Thursday, February
> 16th, starting at 6:30pm.
>
> As per the schedule:
>
> http://fp-syd.ouroborus.net/
>
> Our presenters this month will be:

There has been a slight change of schedule. The new schedule is:

* Ben Sinclair : A certified adder in Agda

* Brian McKenna, Roy - a functional language that compiles to Javascript

* Erik de Castro Lopo - From Enumerator to Conduit

* Ben Lippmeier - An interpreter for the new Disciple Core Language

I would also just like to remind people to hit the RSVP to tell us whether
they are coming or not:

https://spreadsheets.google.com/formResponse?formkey=cjlDYkJOSkF0RXNoVkwzUDBfUG1Ia2c6MA..

etorreborre

Feb 15, 2012, 5:38:12 PM2/15/12
to fp-...@googlegroups.com
Sorry everyone, I made a mistake and Erik didn't received my confirmation of my participation to our meeting tonight.

So the agenda will indeed be the original one:

  * Ben Sinclair : A certified adder in Agda (lightning talk)

  * Raphael Speyer

  * Brian McKenna, Roy - a function language that compiles to Javascript

  * Eric Torreborre, The Essence of the Iterator Pattern

Anyway, it's good to know that we have an Iteratee talk lined-up for the next meeting :-)

Eric.

Shane Stephens

Feb 15, 2012, 5:40:36 PM2/15/12
to fp-...@googlegroups.com
Raphael won't be speaking tonight as he's unable to attend.

Perhaps we'll find out the true schedule at the meeting itself.

Cheers,
-Shane

> --
> For more options, visit this group at
> http://groups.google.com/group/fp-syd?hl=en.

Erik de Castro Lopo

Feb 15, 2012, 6:40:01 PM2/15/12
to fp-...@googlegroups.com
etorreborre wrote:

As Shane mentioned Raphael can't make it, but I will be presenting my
"From Enumerator to Conduit" talk in its place.

Seems that FP-Syd takes a break for a while and I lose *all* my
organisational skills :-).