foursquare hack day (redo!)

naveen

Jan 24, 2011, 12:09:08 PM1/24/11
to foursquare API
oh hello again

so we changed the date hack day will be held. sorry about that – this
time it's for real. :). it's all for the greater good: we did it to
give everyone more time to plan and to have a bigger space in which to
hack on your ideas

please mark off saturday, february 19th, 2011 in your calendars. the
good people at general assembly will be co-presenting hack day with us
in their brand new space in nyc [1][2]. we'll have all sorts of food
and great wifi and presentation areas. a fuller schedule of the day's
events to follow shortly

naveen

1. http://foursquare.com/venue/7130503
2. http://www.generalassemb.ly/#/space

Nicholas Hall

Jan 24, 2011, 1:15:37 PM1/24/11
to foursqu...@googlegroups.com
Hey Naveen,
I won't make it out to NYC by 2/19, but I would like to participate - any chance there'll be a webcast, live (comment) stream or some way to still feel a part of the action? I'll for-go the food and wifi for remote participation, heh --

-Nick

--
Cheers,
-Nick

naveen

Jan 24, 2011, 1:40:25 PM1/24/11
to foursquare API
yeah, good idea. we'll think on it

and for the others in the old thread who asked "why not in my town?"
*ahem*, SF :) – on our list as well. one thing at a time!

On Jan 24, 1:15 pm, Nicholas Hall <nicholasadamh...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hey Naveen,
> I won't make it out to NYC by 2/19, but I would like to participate - any
> chance there'll be a webcast, live (comment) stream or some way to still
> feel a part of the action? I'll for-go the food and wifi for remote
> participation, heh --
>
> -Nick
>

> On Mon, Jan 24, 2011 at 9:09 AM, naveen <naveen...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > oh hello again
>
> > so we changed the date hack day will be held. sorry about that – this
> > time it's for real. :). it's all for the greater good: we did it to
> > give everyone more time to plan and to have a bigger space in which to
> > hack on your ideas
>
> > please mark off saturday, february 19th, 2011 in your calendars. the
> > good people at general assembly will be co-presenting hack day with us
> > in their brand new space in nyc [1][2]. we'll have all sorts of food
> > and great wifi and presentation areas. a fuller schedule of the day's
> > events to follow shortly
>
> > naveen
>
> > 1.http://foursquare.com/venue/7130503
> > 2.http://www.generalassemb.ly/#/space
>
> > --
>
> >http://groups.google.com/group/foursquare-api
>
> --
> Cheers,
> -Nick
>
> Gist <http://www.gist.com/cloggin> |
> LinkedIn<http://www.linkedin.com/in/cloggin> |
> Twitter <http://www.twitter.com/cloggin> |
> Thoughts<http://www.bigbrotherbearproductions.com>

Michael Stearne

Jan 24, 2011, 1:46:11 PM1/24/11
to foursqu...@googlegroups.com
Doh!

The 5th was better for me. I am teaching on the 19th. Is this a hack
"day" or hack "day/evening"?

Thanks,
Michael

naveen

Jan 24, 2011, 2:28:25 PM1/24/11
to foursquare API

On Jan 24, 1:46 pm, Michael Stearne <mstea...@gmail.com> wrote:
> The 5th was better for me. I am teaching on the 19th. Is this a hack
> "day" or hack "day/evening"?

it will run into the night.

(is that a song lyric? :)

Michael Stearne

Jan 24, 2011, 2:48:03 PM1/24/11
to foursqu...@googlegroups.com

Nice are you hinting at a surprise performance at the HackDay???

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Pfqn5Zuaxs

Nicholas Hall

Jan 24, 2011, 2:53:59 PM1/24/11
to foursqu...@googlegroups.com
I half-expected to be Rick-roll'd...

Danny Pier

Jan 24, 2011, 5:28:13 PM1/24/11
to foursquare API
+1 to remote participation... because you guys don't have enough
problems to solve.

-dp

On Jan 24, 12:53 pm, Nicholas Hall <nicholasadamh...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I half-expected to be Rick-roll'd...
>
> On Mon, Jan 24, 2011 at 11:48 AM, Michael Stearne <mstea...@gmail.com>wrote:

> > > it will run into the night.
>
> > > (is that a song lyric? :)
>
> > Nice are you hinting at a surprise performance at the HackDay???
>
> >http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Pfqn5Zuaxs
>
> > > --
>
> >http://groups.google.com/group/foursquare-api
>
> --
> Cheers,
> -Nick

Sam E.

Jan 24, 2011, 7:12:33 PM1/24/11
to foursquare API
Well, I used the Feb 5th date as a good excuse to check out NYC, and
already have hotel and transportation booked... Can't make it up on
the 19th. Any way I can stop by the office and check it out, get a
sticker, badge or something? Will be in town the 5th, 6th and 7th.

Cheers,
-Sam Edwards

http://twitter.com/HandstandSam

Praveen Aravamudham

Jan 24, 2011, 8:26:00 PM1/24/11
to foursqu...@googlegroups.com
Hi Naveen,
  How do we sign-up for the hack-day??

Thanks,
Praveen

matzner

Feb 3, 2011, 12:33:52 PM2/3/11
to foursquare API
http://bit.ly/4sqhackday

On Jan 24, 8:26 pm, Praveen Aravamudham <paravamu5sil...@gmail.com>

Katelyn F.

Feb 14, 2011, 1:36:57 AM2/14/11
to foursqu...@googlegroups.com
I have a few ideas I'm entertaining, but would need a hacker to join. If anyone knows of any who'd be interested, let me know. I'd ask my ruby roommate but I'm pretty sure he'd me for his time.

laure...@gmail.com

Feb 14, 2011, 8:37:20 AM2/14/11
to foursqu...@googlegroups.com
Hi,
Send me an email to laure...@gmail.com

We are a team of coders/designers and we look for US business partners

Kind Regards, Laurent NGUYEN

From: "Katelyn F." <friedso...@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 13 Feb 2011 22:36:57 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Re: foursquare hack day (redo!)

I have a few ideas I'm entertaining, but would need a hacker to join. If anyone knows of any who'd be interested, let me know. I'd ask my ruby roommate but I'm pretty sure he'd me for his time.

Amy Kearney

Feb 14, 2011, 8:41:42 AM2/14/11
to foursqu...@googlegroups.com
Hey Lauren!  Happy Valentine's Day!

matt hunter

Feb 14, 2011, 5:19:57 PM2/14/11
to foursquare API
Following Amy's lead...

I'd like to wish Amy, Katelyn, and all of the other ladies of the
foursquare API group a Happy Valentine's Day!

On Feb 14, 5:41 am, Amy Kearney <amy.kearne...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hey Lauren!  Happy Valentine's Day!
>

> On Mon, Feb 14, 2011 at 8:37 AM, <laurent...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Hi,
> > Send me an email to laurent...@gmail.com
>
> > We are a team of coders/designers and we look for US business partners
>
> > Kind Regards, Laurent NGUYEN
> > ------------------------------
> > *From: * "Katelyn F." <friedsonkate...@gmail.com>
> > *Sender: * foursqu...@googlegroups.com
> > *Date: *Sun, 13 Feb 2011 22:36:57 -0800 (PST)
> > *To: *<foursqu...@googlegroups.com>
> > *ReplyTo: * foursqu...@googlegroups.com
> > *Subject: *Re: foursquare hack day (redo!)

Volkan Unsal

Feb 14, 2011, 5:43:05 PM2/14/11
to foursqu...@googlegroups.com
Smooth.

Kevin Lanik

Feb 14, 2011, 5:48:53 PM2/14/11
to foursqu...@googlegroups.com, foursqu...@googlegroups.com
Ha

Katelyn Friedson

Feb 14, 2011, 6:13:29 PM2/14/11
to foursqu...@googlegroups.com
ha thanks, I think.

Sylvain Carle

Feb 14, 2011, 10:04:05 PM2/14/11
to foursquare API

> and for the others in the old thread who asked "why not in my town?"
> *ahem*, SF :) – on our list as well. one thing at a time!

FWIW, we are planning on doing a foursquare hackday in Montreal
somewhere in March.

Nothing official yet, but I had so many good foursquare API
discussions in the last few weeks with local developers that we
decided to make it happen.

It will most probably be a smallish event (5-25 participants) but if
there is any advice/support you guys can provide it would be nice.

Derek

Feb 15, 2011, 1:25:48 PM2/15/11
to foursquare API
Did you guys distribute tickets yet? I registered yesterday and
haven't seen anything yet.

Derek Tumolo

naveen

Feb 15, 2011, 2:04:29 PM2/15/11
On Mon, Feb 14, 2011 at 10:04 PM, Sylvain Carle <sylvai...@gmail.com> wrote:
> FWIW, we are planning on doing a foursquare hackday in Montreal
> somewhere in March.
>
> Nothing official yet, but I had so many good foursquare API
> discussions in the last few weeks with local developers that we
> decided to make it happen.
>
> It will most probably be a smallish event (5-25 participants) but if
> there is any advice/support you guys can provide it would be nice.

i like this idea

keep me posted + let me know how we can help (naveen@foursquare)

naveen

Feb 15, 2011, 2:04:58 PM2/15/11
On Tue, Feb 15, 2011 at 1:25 PM, Derek <djtu...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Did you guys distribute tickets yet?  I registered yesterday and
> haven't seen anything yet.

we've been doing them in batches, so you should soon if you haven't already

Scott Wilcox

Feb 15, 2011, 2:08:00 PM2/15/11
to <foursquare-api@googlegroups.com>
You could always do your hack day in combination with a Twestival event!

Will Vanderhoef

Feb 17, 2011, 11:05:47 AM2/17/11
to foursquare API
Sorry I hope this hasn't already been covered elsewhere but what are
we expected to bring to the hackday? What will be available?

Thanks,
Will

naveen

Feb 19, 2011, 12:29:32 AM2/19/11
to foursqu...@googlegroups.com
On Thu, Feb 17, 2011 at 4:05 PM, Will Vanderhoef
<william.v...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Sorry I hope this hasn't already been covered elsewhere but what are
> we expected to bring to the hackday?  What will be available?

bring yourself, your laptop, your hack idea(s)

we will provide food, drinks, wifi, intelligent conversation

Sylvain Carle

Feb 21, 2011, 3:00:47 PM2/21/11
to foursqu...@googlegroups.com
I have posted more details on the Montréal Foursquare Hackday
(March 24th @ Notman House) on my blog.

http://www.afroginthevalley.com/2011/02/21/montreal-foursquare-hackday/