Foursquare Ruby Gem

Jeremy

Nov 1, 2009, 5:00:57 PM11/1/09
to foursquare API
Hi all,

I hacked together a Foursquare Ruby gem -- just a bare bones wrapper
for the Foursquare API. I haven't fleshed out documentation, tests,
etc, but commands for all current API methods are available using
basic auth (no oauth yet). I'm looking for any and all feedback --
please try it out and comment here or email me. Thanks!

To install from the command line use:

gem install foursquare

I've included a sample Ruby script with the code in a folder called
"examples" that calls the gem and runs a few of the functions. Below
are the rest:

fq = Foursquare.new('username_or_phone','password')
fq.test
fq.cities
fq.venues(lat,long,radius,limit,query)
fq.tips(lat,long,limit)
fq.check_city(lat, long)
fq.switch_city(city_id)
fq.friend_checkins
fq.checkin(vid,venue,shout,private_checkin,tweetThis,geolat,geolong)
fq.history(limit)
fq.user_details(user_id,badges,mayor)
fq.friends
fq.venue_details(venue_id)
fq.add_venue(city_id,name,address,cross_street,city,state,zip,phone)
fq.add_tip(venue_id,text,type)

MadCowDzz

Nov 24, 2009, 4:18:19 PM11/24/09
to foursquare API
Cool Gem! Note, the friends method accepts UID as a parameter.

On Nov 1, 5:00 pm, Jeremy <jeremyrwe...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I hacked together a FoursquareRubygem -- just a bare bones wrapper
> for the Foursquare API. I haven't fleshed out documentation, tests,
> etc, but commands for all current API methods are available using
> basic auth (no oauth yet). I'm looking for any and all feedback --
> please try it out and comment here or email me. Thanks!
>
> To install from the command line use:
>
> gem install foursquare
>
> I've included a sampleRubyscript with the code in a folder called

harryh

Nov 24, 2009, 4:23:46 PM11/24/09
to foursquare API
Oh snap! This is awesome Jeremy!