getting rebellious against microsoft

瀏覽次數:3 次
跳到第一則未讀訊息

Jwalanta Shrestha

未讀,
2007年12月30日 下午3:25:512007/12/30
收件者:foss-...@googlegroups.com
hi all,

our active foss-nepal group member zico n his squad from bangladesh have gone quite rebellious. they went to a microsoft event wearing a (debian) linux t-shirt n stayed there whole day long.. have a look.. http://www.flickr.com/photos/mohibsshot/

what do u think?

regards,
jwalanta

nepbabu

未讀,
2007年12月30日 下午3:31:582007/12/30
收件者:foss-...@googlegroups.com

Haha.. Nice :-) Zico oh Zico! :-)

--
Cheers,
Bikal.

Akash Deep Shakya

未讀,
2007年12月30日 晚上7:18:352007/12/30
收件者:foss-...@googlegroups.com
i was too surprised hehhe first he said he went to this microsoft, and then he was wearing a debian tshirt
i was stupid, well done Zico :)
--
Regards
Akash Deep Shakya "OpenAK"

Sulabh

未讀,
2007年12月31日 清晨5:45:582007/12/31
收件者:foss-...@googlegroups.com
Great Zico.

And i was wondering, where can i get T-shirts like those? heh

Regards,
Sulabh

Basanta Karki

未讀,
2007年12月31日 上午11:14:002007/12/31
收件者:foss-...@googlegroups.com
Do you guys only use Linux ??? I bet not !!!!!!!! Because I may not have tags like you guys have (certified linux user dash dash) , but I have also used and am using Linux for a pretty while. My personal view is I am not seeing you guys as Linux supporters !!!!!!! Sounds Weird I know. I personally don't feel FOSS means such stupid arguments / actions / comments. There should be space for everybody, I think that is the moral of Free and Open Source Software.

Microsoft may be much proprietary and blah blah blah..............

But does it mean Microsoft is always wrong ?????????? Really Funny and I know a lot of you guys learnt computer starting from Microsoft !!!!!!!!!!!

Anyways,
Hope some of you are not fire !!!!!!

Encourage positive aspect of everything .

love laugh live
Bsnta

Zico

未讀,
2007年12月31日 上午11:17:472007/12/31
收件者:foss-...@googlegroups.com
On Dec 31, 2007 10:14 PM, Basanta Karki <basant...@gmail.com> wrote:
Do you guys only use Linux ??? I bet not !!!!!!!! Because I may not have tags like you guys have (certified linux user dash dash) , but I have also used and am using Linux for a pretty while. My personal view is I am not seeing you guys as Linux supporters !!!!!!! Sounds Weird I know. I personally don't feel FOSS means such stupid arguments / actions / comments. There should be space for everybody, I think that is the moral of Free and Open Source Software.

[ ... ]

Whom are you talking to? To those guys who were in pictures? Or, to those...who are in mailing list?

--
Best,

Basanta Karki

未讀,
2007年12月31日 上午11:20:522007/12/31
收件者:foss-...@googlegroups.com
I am talking to everybody

Bsnta

Zico

未讀,
2007年12月31日 上午11:39:042007/12/31
收件者:foss-...@googlegroups.com
Okk... from my desk:

On Dec 31, 2007 10:14 PM, Basanta Karki <basant...@gmail.com> wrote:
Do you guys only use Linux ??? I bet not !!!!!!!!

You should not bet. Cause, you cannot consider everybody like you.  And, yes... we, at least the guys of the pictures....only use linux.
Because I may not have tags like you guys have (certified linux user dash dash) , but I have also used and am using Linux for a pretty while.

Good for you.
My personal view is I am not seeing you guys as Linux supporters !!!!!!! Sounds Weird I know. I personally don't feel FOSS means such stupid arguments / actions / comments.

What do you think about FOSS? Free On Super Shopping??? That means, if you have enough money... you will buy everything including the Microsoft headoffice!!!

Here, i want to ask you one thing: which one do you support? Free Software or Open Source software? And why?
There should be space for everybody, I think that is the moral of Free and Open Source Software.

Then you are wrong. There is no place for *closed source* or *copyrighted* things in this world.

Microsoft may be much proprietary and blah blah blah..............

You should put  "buggy", "buggy"...  instead of "blah" "blah"...

But does it mean Microsoft is always wrong ?????????? Really Funny

No..not always wrong, but from our point of view, M$ is 99% wrong.

and I know a lot of you guys learnt computer starting from Microsoft !!!!!!!!!!!

Ohh!!! You are really a nice magician.. you know many things.

Anyways,
Hope some of you are not fire !!!!!!

No.. :) just  telling... you know that...

Encourage positive aspect of everything .

Yes, that`s why we are fighting for Free and Open source software.

--
Best,

Sulabh

未讀,
2007年12月31日 上午11:41:472007/12/31
收件者:foss-...@googlegroups.com
How i see Linux is as a grand idea of freedom. There is no point in arguing whether Windows and alike proprietary softwares are doing good or not. Advocation of Linux and Open Source is the  expression of freedom. And supporting Linux needn't mean using it exclusively, rather promote it driven by the philosophy with which Linux and other open source software are associated. Call it 'blinded-by-the-author' syndrome, but i tend to live by it.

Btw, you got to use the system to know it. So, it makes sense that people started with Windows got fed up and switched to Linux.

Regards,
Sulabh

Basanta Karki

未讀,
2007年12月31日 中午12:25:312007/12/31
收件者:foss-...@googlegroups.com
hey you are wrong. There is no place for *closed source* or *copyrighted* things in this world.

My friend I dont know who is wrong, it is only a matter of interpretation.
The things are always closed source  until and unless somebody can interpret/understand the logic of the program. To my mum who is not a computer geek every program is closed source.

That means, if you have enough money... you will buy everything including the Microsoft headoffice!!!

Why should I buy Microsoft head office ? If I have enough money I will go to moon as a tourist (Thanks for the question)

You should put  "buggy", "buggy"...  instead of "blah" "blah"...

How would you compare a bug and incompleteness ??

Nothing is complete. Incompleteness also is a bug. How complete are open source applications available till this date ?
What is the use of a company like Red Hat ?? Why have they opened support industry ? Arent they working to make it bug free or more complete ??

blah blah blah does sound rude, am sorry for that.

No..not always wrong, but from our point of view, M$ is 99% wrong.

Yes you are free to put your view.

 which one do you support? Free Software or Open Source software? And why?

Of course I support both. FREE software when I am looking for something I cannot develop solely or in less time, OPENSOURCE when I am learning something.

Ohh!!! You are really a nice magician.. you know many things.

Thanks. I do know a few mathematical illusions that make others think I am doing magic. I too started learning computers from LINUX 0.95 in my school but I do like windows.

I appreciate technology not linux or windows or os2 or

that`s why we are fighting for Free and Open source software.

You dont have to fight for open source software. Microsoft has not attempted to hurt Linux lovers. Even it is adopting and learning free and open source mechanisms. We have to only teach people to live more with technology.

How i see Linux is as a grand idea of freedom.

Thats true I agree very much.

By the way you guys have started to portray me as a Microsoft agent !!!!!!!!
I am only a technology lover. I believe more  in Developing, Bridging and Customization .

Happy New Year 2008,

love laugh live
Bsnta

Zico

未讀,
2007年12月31日 中午12:55:202007/12/31
收件者:foss-...@googlegroups.com
On Dec 31, 2007 11:25 PM, Basanta Karki <basant...@gmail.com> wrote:

The things are always closed source  until and unless somebody can interpret/understand the logic of the program. To my mum who is not a computer geek every program is closed source.

We are not considering  non-techie  people here. We are considering those people, who knows about softwares and *behind of software*. Definitely you are such type of person but your mom is not.

Why should I buy Microsoft head office ? If I have enough money I will go to moon as a tourist (Thanks for the question)

Please take me with you. I will wear my "Proud to be a linux geek" tshirt on space suit.

How would you compare a bug and incompleteness ??
Nothing is complete. Incompleteness also is a bug. How complete are open source applications available till this date ?
What is the use of a company like Red Hat ?? Why have they opened support industry ? Arent they working to make it bug free or more complete ??

Here, i want to say you something. In that event (the pictures of tshirt) of M$, i had a talking with one M$ developer:

M$ empl.: Hey, nice tshirt...
Me: Thanks, I know
Me: I want to ask you one question...
M$: Sure, go on
Me: What do you think about open source?
M$: Umm.. umm.... Open source is good... nice to play and hehehe.. .rock n roll
Me: Hmm
M$: Okk... can i ask you one question regarding Vista?
Me: sure
M$ Can you please tell me one major bug of Vista?
Me: Vista is a bug!!!
M$: Huuu??? ya?? really... .....????

So, here you can see that, even M$ developers is calling Vista a buggy thing ( not calling it software/os  ;) ).

blah blah blah does sound rude, am sorry for that.

No prob dude!!! This is normal!!!

Of course I support both. FREE software when I am looking for something I cannot develop solely or in less time, OPENSOURCE when I am learning something.

You support both??? How is it possible??? I am asking you to find out one person more who supports both Free Software  and Open Source.

Thanks. I do know a few mathematical illusions that make others think I am doing magic. I too started learning computers from LINUX 0.95 in my school but I do like windows.

Dude, don`t use 0.95 now... it`s really bad!!! There are many others nice gui distros there...

I appreciate technology not linux or windows or os2 or

It`s your own choice. But, if you wanna talk on something, you must have to prepare yourself on that subject.

You dont have to fight for open source software. Microsoft has not attempted to hurt Linux lovers.

Hehehe!!! Is it possible for M$ to make something??? Oh man.. they are fighting for their own pant!  ;)

We have to only teach people to live more with technology.

If you want to live *more* with technology, you must have to swim through it; but if the pool is *closed*, you will have to chance to swim...

--
Best,

Basanta Karki

未讀,
2007年12月31日 下午1:13:242007/12/31
收件者:foss-...@googlegroups.com

Tx for opening my eyes !!!!

I would not make a healthy platform into personal rage expressing place,
write me in personal. We will argue and argue and argue.................stupidly ok. Because to me you are wrong, to you I am wrong to someone else we both are wrong !!!!!!!!!!!!

We are not considering  non-techie  people here. We are considering those people, who knows about softwares and *behind of software*

Is FOSS only targetted to geeks !! I never knew that. I will write write Richard Stallman a personal  email and clear up my confusion.

Hehehe!!! Is it possible for M$ to make something??? Oh man.. they are fighting for their own pant!  ;)

By saying this you yourself are saying that " I have used windows !!!!!!!! "

which conflicts with

u should not bet. Cause, you cannot consider everybody like you.  And, yes... we, at least the guys of the pictures....only use linux.

So, here you can see that, even M$ developers is calling Vista a buggy thing ( not calling it software/os  ;) ).

Which open source thing is bugfree ( in my view complete) ??? Would you call linux conexant modem's driver not getting for free buggy or incomplete ??

I repeat
I would not make a healthy platform into personal rage expressing place,
write me in personal. We will argue and argue and argue.................stupidly ok. Because to me you are wrong, to you I am wrong to someone else we both are wrong !!!!!!!!!!!!

Why I started this discussion was not to make people here show that ZICO is only FOSS  lover and Bsnta is only ClosedSource Lover , but to make the moderators of this forum aware that such a healthy forum is sometimes getting polluted with unneccessary things.

love laugh live
Bsnta
basantadotkarkiatgmaildotcom ( for your personal views)

Zico

未讀,
2007年12月31日 下午1:17:172007/12/31
收件者:foss-...@googlegroups.com

On Jan 1, 2008 12:13 AM, Basanta Karki <basant...@gmail.com> wrote:

Tx for opening my eyes !!!!

FIRE IN THE HOLE!!!  ;)
--
Best,

Shishir Jha

未讀,
2007年12月31日 下午2:50:312007/12/31
收件者:foss-...@googlegroups.com

Exactly Basanta Love Laugh and Live, that is what this post was for,
to laugh a while, to express what we love, and to make a profound
place for FOSS to flourish and live forever.

> Bsnta
> basantadotkarkiatgmaildotcom ( for your personal views)

--
Shishir Jha
EPC 1970,GPO 8975,
KTM,NEPAL

ct

未讀,
2008年1月1日 上午10:11:472008/1/1
收件者:FOSS Nepal

> > I repeat
> > I would not make a healthy platform into personal rage expressing place,
> > write me in personal. We will argue and argue and
> > argue.................stupidly ok. Because to me you are wrong, to you I am
> > wrong to someone else we both are wrong !!!!!!!!!!!!

We can argue right here. I guess that was why forums were built in the
first place. I was actually enjoying this windows vs. linux
discussion...

> > Is FOSS only targetted to geeks !! I never knew that. I will write write
> > Richard Stallman a personal email and clear up my confusion.

Well..you don't need to actually. If you think carefully, getting the
source code of a software and changing it to modify the software
itself requires someone to be geeky, at least in my book. I think that
was why Richard Stallman began the movement in the first place..he
wanted to change a certain software to his needs.

So then if you are NOT GEEKY, you might be missing the point of "Free
as in Speech and not as in Free Beer". But then you might be enjoying
the "Free Beer" ;).

On Dec 31 2007, 11:50 am, "Shishir Jha" <shishi...@gmail.com> wrote:

Zico

未讀,
2008年1月1日 下午1:15:552008/1/1
收件者:foss-...@googlegroups.com
On Jan 1, 2008 12:13 AM, Basanta Karki <basant...@gmail.com> wrote:

Tx for opening my eyes !!!!

I would not make a healthy platform into personal rage expressing place,
write me in personal. We will argue and argue and argue.................stupidly ok.

Why are you calling this "stupidity".... i don`t know. This is just a discussion.
Because to me you are wrong, to you I am wrong to someone else we both are wrong !!!!!!!!!!!!

That`s the beauty!  This is the way of gaming.

Is FOSS only targetted to geeks !! I never knew that. I will write write Richard Stallman a personal  email and clear up my confusion.

You should do that and moreover he will seriously take you to task for asking such type of question. Believe me....HE IS A VERY VERY RUDE PERSON.  :)

Hehehe!!! Is it possible for M$ to make something??? Oh man.. they are fighting for their own pant!  ;)

By saying this you yourself are saying that " I have used windows !!!!!!!! "

which conflicts with

How does it conflicts with my previous speech? Please explain.. i am really really waiting for your answer.

Which open source thing is bugfree ( in my view complete) ??? Would you call linux conexant modem's driver not getting for free buggy or incomplete ??

But, you have *choice* in linux world. If anything seems to you *buggy* here, you have choice to switch into *less buggy* stuff. But, in M$ world, there is no choice.

I would not make a healthy platform into personal rage expressing place,
write me in personal. We will argue and argue and argue.................stupidly ok. Because to me you are wrong, to you I am wrong to someone else we both are wrong !!!!!!!!!!!!

Why are you calling this *discussion* unhealthy? We are not throwing any slang here!!! We are just discussing our thoughts. And this is very very normal in any foss mailing list.
And by this way, we are clearing our views!
Come on.. don`t take it personally.. let all the people know about your thoughts and feelings!!

Why I started this discussion was not to make people here show that ZICO is only FOSS  lover and Bsnta is only ClosedSource Lover , but to make the moderators of this forum aware that such a healthy forum is sometimes getting polluted with unneccessary things.

So, your intentions are not so good!!! You just want to show somethings to moderators of this forum. This is absolutely bad!!!

And, i can bet you that, no moderators will call this discussion "unnecessary" or "polluted stuff"
Come on man... be brave! ;)
--
Best,

Basanta Karki

未讀,
2008年1月2日 凌晨2:13:312008/1/2
收件者:foss-...@googlegroups.com
Tx anyways,

The truth is what we all often do in enterprise level is develop bridge and customize. We have to be in cross platform due to many constraints. FOSS can be best but hasnt been best always to me, like you said

But, you have *choice* in linux world. If anything seems to you *buggy* here, you have choice to switch into *less buggy* stuff. But, in M$ world, there is no choice.

because many times I dont find a best choice. Proprietary things have the pressure to develop what they promise otherwise they cant survive but free things are often taken for granted most of the cases even to agree with you. They look to be often done for the zeal of putting your name in the forefront only.

Open source are very secure as I can customize according to my wish, but if I dont customize its open so i dont know how secure that can be ???

And yes I am also a part of this movement but not a hardliner as you are and I do own a software freedom day tshirt when I worked for MPP.

And thanks I am brave :-) Hadnt I been brave enough may be I wouldnt have attempted to tease you guys in your forum ???

I will come back   ;-)
Bsnta

Basanta Karki

未讀,
2008年1月2日 凌晨2:22:282008/1/2
收件者:foss-...@googlegroups.com
By the way can somebody help me with the radius.so file while configuring a PPPOE server in RedHat

Bsnta

Zico

未讀,
2008年1月2日 凌晨3:26:172008/1/2
收件者:foss-...@googlegroups.com
On Jan 2, 2008 1:13 PM, Basanta Karki <basant...@gmail.com> wrote:
Tx anyways,

The truth is what we all often do in enterprise level is develop bridge and customize. We have to be in cross platform due to many constraints. FOSS can be best but hasnt been best always to me,
[ ... ]
because many times I dont find a best choice. Proprietary things have the pressure to develop what they promise otherwise they cant survive but free things are often taken for granted most of the cases even to agree with you. They look to be often done for the zeal of putting your name in the forefront only.

Yes, i agree here. Really you have nothing to do when you have to deal with your *closed source* customer or company. I had a real life experience regarding this issue. One of my friend was really a high ranked developer in top coder and he is also a open source promoter. Once he had a big trouble with one company regarding this issue and he lost in the case with that company and he also lost his membership and $500 there.

Open source are very secure as I can customize according to my wish, but if I dont customize its open so i dont know how secure that can be ???

You have to know. There is no alternative.  Whereas in closed source, though you know that something is very nasty in security issue and also you know the way of imporving but you have nothing to do with it...cause it is closed source. So, here.. Open source wins.

And yes I am also a part of this movement but not a hardliner as you are and I do own a software freedom day tshirt when I worked for MPP.

:D

And thanks I am brave :-) Hadnt I been brave enough may be I wouldnt have attempted to tease you guys in your forum ???

More man.. more.. with your heavy loaded gun!   ;)

--
Best,

Ritesh Raj Sarraf

未讀,
2008年1月2日 清晨6:33:262008/1/2
收件者:foss-...@googlegroups.com
Sulabh wrote:

> Btw, you got to use the system to know it. So, it makes sense that people
> started with Windows got fed up and switched to Linux.

I wouldn't really agree. Not everyone got fed up and moved to Linux. Linux
is still crap on the desktop. But I use it because my day-to-day job is
working on those crap. Is Microsoft Windows better on the desktop? Hell!
Yes.

Even today I'd say Windows is much better and more stable on the desktop
market. The variety and the functionality that Microsoft provides with
Windows is awesome.

What I hate about Microsoft is its monopolistic nature. But that isn't just
with Microsoft, Apple is a bigger monopolizer in that regard.

But I guess it is all about freedom. If you like Apple, you don't give a
damn to monopoly. Or proprietariness.

Microsoft is no evil. It does business and it does it good.
What it does bad is "copying". Because of the large user base and the amount
of complexities involved in the way Microsoft products are used, it is very
difficult for Microsoft to even copy and introduce a new feature in its
products.

Ritesh
--
If possible, Please CC me when replying. I'm not subscribed to the list.

Ritesh Raj Sarraf

未讀,
2008年1月2日 清晨6:36:182008/1/2
收件者:foss-...@googlegroups.com
Zico wrote:

> *You support both??? How is it possible??? I am asking you to find out one

> person more who supports both Free Software  and Open Source.

> *

Are both different ?

Ritesh Raj Sarraf

未讀,
2008年1月2日 清晨6:46:252008/1/2
收件者:foss-...@googlegroups.com
Zico wrote:

> But, you have choice in linux world. If anything seems to you buggy

> here, you have choice to switch into *less buggy* stuff. But, in M$ world,
> there is no choice.

You are talking about _choice_ in terms of stability. I'd really be
interested to know the *less buggy* option.

Ritesh Raj Sarraf

未讀,
2008年1月2日 清晨6:51:082008/1/2
收件者:foss-...@googlegroups.com
Basanta Karki wrote:

> By the way can somebody help me with the *radius.so* file while

> configuring a PPPOE server in RedHat

I thought you were smart, but you are not.

Ritesh Raj Sarraf

未讀,
2008年1月2日 清晨6:50:342008/1/2
收件者:foss-...@googlegroups.com
Basanta Karki wrote:

> because many times I dont find a best choice. Proprietary things have the
> pressure to develop what they promise otherwise they cant survive but free
> things are often taken for granted most of the cases even to agree with

> you. They look to be often done for the zeal of putting *your name in the
> forefront only.

This isn't true. Take IE 7.0 for example. It is an equally crap product as
Mozilla Firefox.

> *Open source are very secure as I can customize according to my wish, but

> if I dont customize its open so i dont know how secure that can be ???

It is not the customization that makes it secure. There are proprietary
products which are much more customizable. The availability of the source
code is what makes it more secure (or less secure, if you want to argue).

> And yes I am also a part of this movement but not a hardliner as you are
> and I do own a software freedom day tshirt when I worked for MPP.
>
> And thanks I am brave :-) Hadnt I been brave enough may be I wouldnt have
> attempted to tease you guys in your forum ???

Wow!! Both of you. Which T-Shirt does the other guy have ?
;-)

Basanta Karki

未讀,
2008年1月2日 上午9:06:062008/1/2
收件者:foss-...@googlegroups.com、r...@researchhut.com
Tx Ritesh for your encouragement,

I have done it long time back in Free BSD machine , I just did the radius.so stuff in RedHat Enterprise 5 as well moments back.

O cmon Free and Open Source software are different.

We should appreciate best qualities of anything even if we have to pay for it, and yes by the way our work is also being paid because we have qualities!!!!!!!!! :-)

To me Mozilla Firefox is not a crap product. It only matters how well you use  "about:config". SeaMonkey did have a problem with hotmail because of the AJAX issues but they have solved it now.

Bsnta

Zico

未讀,
2008年1月2日 中午12:01:082008/1/2
收件者:foss-...@googlegroups.com

On Jan 2, 2008 5:33 PM, Ritesh Raj Sarraf <r...@researchut.com> wrote:

Sulabh wrote:

I wouldn't really agree. Not everyone got fed up and moved to Linux. Linux
is still crap on the desktop. But I use it because my day-to-day job is
working on those crap. Is Microsoft Windows better on the desktop? Hell!
Yes.

Yes! you are right... in *hell* , your windows is nice! But, we live in heaven. Haven`t you seen the *effect* of compiz-fusion of linux? Look at that.

No one says that, linux is *bad* in desktop. Cause, it`s gui is much powerful and *stable* than others. I am not comparing linux with windows, cause there is nothing to compare there.. windows has no chance to catch Linux`s effect anymore. We ( linux users ) are comparing Linux with Mac only!

Google for it... you will know many things regarding this.

Even today I'd say Windows is much better and more stable on the desktop
market. The variety and the functionality that Microsoft provides with
Windows is awesome.

What do you do? Even M$ employees don`t call their Windows "awesome" like you!!!
And *stable*??? If you ever have to reinstall Windows, you'll need the license key that came with your copy. But that string of 25 random letters and numbers isn't always handy. You'd think that in a world where you can't use Windows without activating it, the code required to do so would be a well-guarded secret, but thanks to lax Windows security, a 252KB download--Magical Jelly Bean Software's free Keyfinder 1.41--will recover your license key in a snap. Just download and run the app, and write down your key. Now if only Keyfinder could find my Windows CD....

What I hate about Microsoft is its monopolistic nature. But that isn't just
with Microsoft, Apple is a bigger monopolizer in that regard.

I think, Apple deserve this; cause, they are providing a very nice and really stable OS+Hardware.

Ritesh Raj Sarraf wrote:

Zico wrote:

> *You support both??? How is it possible??? I am asking you to find out one
> person more who supports both Free Software and Open Source.
> *

Are both different ?

Don`t you know yet?

Ritesh Raj Sarraf wrote:

It is not the customization that makes it secure. There are proprietary
products which are much more customizable. The availability of the source
code is what makes it more secure (or less secure, if you want to argue).

First of all.. you are shooting a bullet and just after that.. you are standing infront of bullet.

And one thing.. i don`t know why are you calling Mozilla Firefox a *crap* product? Have you even use this?

--
Best,

Basanta Karki

未讀,
2008年1月2日 晚上9:40:512008/1/2
收件者:foss-...@googlegroups.com
Since this is turning more into Windows/Linux Comparison it would be better to argue in terms of License, Performance, Standards, Security and Kernel Comparison

Start firing !!!!!!!!!!

Bsnta

प्रबीण ( ओपन ठिटो )

未讀,
2008年1月3日 清晨5:05:572008/1/3
收件者:foss-...@googlegroups.com
Linux is best. Window is not very bad. !!!

I see no point fighting for the phillshopy. OSI and FSF both wins. And no micro$oft coz they have no philloshopy at all, they are only the capitalist(business house). They believe in "everything is fair in business".

I have nothing more to say in this regard except for desktop and effect topic.
Never compare windows desktop with that of Linux!!!
In Linux Within desktop u have alternatives.... KDE, Gnome or xfce, etc.?
What we have in windows? (I don't know ¿ maybe windows itself is Desktop Manager ).

If anyone happen to meet me, please check my gnome desktop and u will not say Mac is best.
you will simply say- is it gnome? unbelievable!!!

I have friends who love to see the best desktop on their machine so bought notebook with Vista(with aero).
Even they installed Linux with Compiz-fusion and have never said to switch back.

Anyone dares to compare aero effect with compiz-fusion??.

I am not linux geek. but in 5 days of computer use i boot 2% times with windows vista. I am a general desktop user but i can do nothing with windows desktop....Never do windows comes with required packages for desktop users.... which i get in Linux.....

Now plz dont say MP3s and mpeg ¿.... I have KLite pack in vista as well so it plays all ogg files....with open media player classic/VLC.

and if u say linux require internet!!! what do u mean??? instead of getting one-one disk of Windows, MS-OFFICE, Photoshop, Dreamweaver(total of 4). please come to me and burn one Nepalinux cd and 3 DVDs of debain etch. U will get 300+times more applications and packages for your computer.

is there anything remaining??? will keep in touch and be right back.

Happy discussion!!!
--
Prabin Gautam "ओपन ठिटो"
Registered Linux User #443940

Ritesh Raj Sarraf

未讀,
2008年1月3日 清晨5:29:522008/1/3
收件者:foss-...@googlegroups.com
Zico wrote:

> On Jan 2, 2008 5:33 PM, Ritesh Raj Sarraf
> <r...@researchut.com> wrote:
>

>> Sulabh wrote:
>>
>> I wouldn't really agree. Not everyone got fed up and moved to Linux.
>> Linux is still crap on the desktop. But I use it because my day-to-day
>> job is working on those crap. Is Microsoft Windows better on the desktop?
>> Hell! Yes.
>

> Yes! you are right... in *hell* , your windows is nice! But, we live in
> heaven. Haven`t you seen the *effect* of compiz-fusion of linux? Look at
> that.

Self proclamation. Grow up.

> No one says that, linux is *bad* in desktop. Cause, it`s gui is much
> powerful and *stable* than others. I am not comparing linux with windows,
> cause there is nothing to compare there.. windows has no chance to catch
> Linux`s effect anymore. We ( linux users ) are comparing Linux with Mac
> only!

Do you really understand the meaning of desktop or enterprise or support ?
I doubt you do.

Linux is just the kernel. X provides GUI to the GNU/Linux OS. And Linux is
not good in the graphics arena. Be it in terms of drivers (take nVIDIA) or
in terms of performance (the schedulers. Even the latest from Ingo doesn't
live up to the desktop expectations).

So next time you say that something is good/bad, do back it up. Don't just
make lame statements.

And what's stable btw. I use Linux on my laptop and the battery drains very
fast. The performance of the GUI is not comparable to Windows because of
the lack of good 3D drivers.

Now don't tell me that binary-only-drivers are culprit here. I respect FSF's
vision. But, in general and overall, Linux doesn't compare to Windows on
the *Desktop Market*.

And of stability, Linux and Mac also crash often.

> Google for it... you will know many things regarding this.
>
> Even today I'd say Windows is much better and more stable on the desktop
>> market. The variety and the functionality that Microsoft provides with
>> Windows is awesome.
>

> What do you do? Even M$ employees don`t call their Windows "awesome" like
> you!!!
> And *stable*??? If you ever have to reinstall Windows, you'll need the
> license key that came with your copy. But that string of 25 random letters
> and numbers isn't always handy. You'd think that in a world where you
> can't use Windows without activating it, the code required to do so would
> be a well-guarded secret, but thanks to lax Windows security, a 252KB
> download--Magical Jelly Bean Software's free Keyfinder 1.41--will recover
> your license key in a snap. Just download and run the app, and write down
> your key. Now if only Keyfinder could find my Windows CD....

That's a marketing policy. Don't mix it with technical merits/demerits.
If a company feels that the consumer is not eligible to use their product
without activation, you have no right to sue them. Don't like the policy,
don't use it. Why fuck crib ?

> What I hate about Microsoft is its monopolistic nature. But that isn't
> just
>> with Microsoft, Apple is a bigger monopolizer in that regard.
>

> I think, Apple deserve this; cause, they are providing a very nice and
> really stable OS+Hardware.

That's bullshit. They provide full proprietary hardware and lock you down
only to them. You enjoy being spanked only them, good for you.

> Ritesh Raj Sarraf wrote:
>
> Zico wrote:
>
>> *You support both??? How is it possible??? I am asking you to find out
>> one person more who supports both Free Software and Open Source.
>> *
>
> Are both different ?
>
> Don`t you know yet?

Well. Big words you guys were exchanging. Just wanted to confirm.

> Ritesh Raj Sarraf wrote:
>
> It is not the customization that makes it secure. There are proprietary
> products which are much more customizable. The availability of the source
> code is what makes it more secure (or less secure, if you want to argue).
>
> First of all.. you are shooting a bullet and just after that.. you are
> standing infront of bullet.

Hmmm!! This is debatable. And differs from person to person.

> And one thing.. i don`t know why are you calling Mozilla Firefox a *crap*
> product? Have you even use this?

Yes.

Ritesh Raj Sarraf

未讀,
2008年1月3日 清晨5:45:552008/1/3
收件者:foss-...@googlegroups.com
?????? ( ??? ???? ) wrote:

> I have nothing more to say in this regard except for desktop and effect
> topic.
> Never compare windows desktop with that of Linux!!!
> In Linux Within desktop u have alternatives.... KDE, Gnome or xfce, etc.?

> What we have in windows? (I don't know ż maybe windows itself is Desktop
> Manager ).

Ubuntu recommends GNOME.
RHEL recommends GNOME.
SLES recommends GNOME.
Mandriva recommends KDE.

And believe me, by recommended they mean supported. So basically, all of
these companies support only one of the many offerings. What you say as
choice is to use it on your own.
Windows also has choices in the same way. There are many shells available
for Windows.

PS: Though KDE is bastardized by many, it is still the best IMO. :-)

> Anyone dares to compare aero effect with compiz-fusion??.

I agree with you here. Microsoft does very crappy engineering. Because of
the pressure, they are just not able to deliver quality products. IE7 was
one example. Aero is another. Compiz/KWin do really prove what bling can be
done with simple hardware.

> I am not linux geek. but in 5 days of computer use i boot 2% times with
> windows vista. I am a general desktop user but i can do nothing with
> windows desktop....Never do windows comes with required packages for
> desktop users.... which i get in Linux.....

I am. And I use Linux (Debian Testing+Unstable+Experimental+3rd Party repos)
solely on my laptop. But still, admitting something which is not there in
Linux is what I term Freedom. Not just making fake statements.
Linux doesn't reliably suspend.
Linux doesn't reliably use power.

> Now plz dont say MP3s and mpeg ż.... I have KLite pack in vista as well so

> it plays all ogg files....with open media player classic/VLC.

Those are patent related issues. The rule is simple. If you want them, go
buy the license. If not, violate the license. Again Freedom in a different
color. ;-P

> and if u say linux require internet!!! what do u mean??? instead of
> getting one-one disk of Windows, MS-OFFICE, Photoshop, Dreamweaver(total
> of 4). please come to me and burn one Nepalinux cd and 3 DVDs of debain
> etch. U will get 300+times more applications and packages for your
> computer.

I didn't get this part. What does this have to do with Windows or Linux.
Different CDs are there because they are different softwares from different
sources. Respect Copyright. Even CentOS does it. OEL does it.

BTW, CDs are the past. The 3 ISOs that you burn today become outdated and
vulnerable in a month or so.

And by linux requires internet - What did you actually mean ? Package
Management ?
At least for Debian, that too is solved. I wrote a tool to help people enjoy
Debian without internet connection.

> is there anything remaining??? will keep in touch and be right back.
>
> Happy discussion!!!

Guys! I myself use Free Software and like it. But no one has the right to
bash others, with lame statements not backed by facts. This gives a bad
press. That all.

प्रबीण ( ओपन ठिटो )

未讀,
2008年1月3日 清晨5:47:522008/1/3
收件者:foss-...@googlegroups.com
Ritesh,
It seems u are old Linux or as u say GNU/Linux user.
Please update urself in *nix arena.
Nvidia not a problem with nux anymore.

and yw dor your kind information.. in my laptop. In Windows xp, my battery gives 3 hr, in vista 2 ht and 25 ,min and in ubuntu 3 hr and 45 min. what u say regarding this?????

ok more tomorrow!!! bye

Ritesh Raj Sarraf

未讀,
2008年1月3日 清晨6:00:252008/1/3
收件者:foss-...@googlegroups.com
?????? ( ??? ???? ) wrote:

> Ritesh,
> It seems u are old Linux or as u say GNU/Linux user.
> Please update urself in *nix arena.
> Nvidia not a problem with nux anymore.

I'll not put more efforts on extending this thread.
But, again, please back up when you say "No problem anymore".
I myself use nvidia drivers on my laptop.
http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/pkgreport.cgi?pkg=nvidia-kernel-source;dist=unstable
And that's just one distro. Check more yourself.

And feature wise, linux drivers for nvidia (binary-only) are still far from
complete compared to Windows. As for nv, it can't even TwinView. Nouveau
has great promises. But that we'll have to see later.

> and yw dor your kind information.. in my laptop. In Windows xp, my battery
> gives 3 hr, in vista 2 ht and 25 ,min and in ubuntu 3 hr and 45 min. what
> u say regarding this?????

Did you investigate why ?

Or was it that you just installed Ubuntu, kept staring for 3 hrs and
concluded that it conserves more power.

Rajesh Pandey

未讀,
2008年1月3日 清晨6:49:032008/1/3
收件者:foss-...@googlegroups.com
On 1/3/08, प्रबीण ( ओपन ठिटो ) <prabin...@gmail.com> wrote:
[...]

If you love anything you should be daring to share with others. Good job dude!!

U will get 300+times more applications and packages for your computer.

Of course!! the etch is the compleeeete one and you won't need the INTERNET for packages.

is there anything remaining??? will keep in touch and be right back.

Damn you!! Everyone seems silent now :)
Cuzz I don't see anything remaining lol

Do you need anything more besides a fast and stable DESKTOP, MUSIC and FUN umm.. wait for another version of Nepalinux, I guess there will be hell lots of educational stuffs again. :) for you  to use when you need it. The Nepalinux team is working hard day and night for that.

Happy discussion!!!
--
Prabin Gautam "ओपन ठिटो"
Registered Linux User #443940
letS makE ouR streeT FOSSible..........

--
Rajesh Pandey

Zico

未讀,
2008年1月3日 上午9:09:512008/1/3
收件者:foss-...@googlegroups.com
On Jan 3, 2008 5:00 PM, Ritesh Raj Sarraf <r...@researchut.com> wrote:

I'll not put more efforts on extending this thread.
But, again, please back up when you say "No problem anymore".

I think, you should *back up* yourself first. You talks too smart but from your mail, we all can understand that, you are no more a smart  linux user; Now, i can bet on that. Try to google for your problem.

I myself use nvidia drivers on my laptop.
http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/pkgreport.cgi?pkg=nvidia-kernel-source;dist=unstable
And that's just one distro. Check more yourself.

Which card are you using? And before that, use latest distros for your laptop.

And feature wise, linux drivers for nvidia (binary-only) are still far from
complete compared to Windows. As for nv, it can't even TwinView. Nouveau
has great promises. But that we'll have to see later.

Which driver are you using? Let us check for you. Please provide your laptop`s configuration.

--
Best,

Zico

未讀,
2008年1月3日 上午9:19:232008/1/3
收件者:foss-...@googlegroups.com
On Jan 3, 2008 4:45 PM, Ritesh Raj Sarraf <r...@researchut.com> wrote:

Ubuntu recommends GNOME.
RHEL recommends GNOME.
SLES recommends GNOME.
Mandriva recommends KDE.

And believe me, by recommended they mean supported.

Ya...right!!! You should better get a good dictionary.

So basically, all of
these companies support only one of the many offerings. What you say as
choice is to use it on your own.

I installed complete kde in Ubuntu and obviously in Mandriva. And this is really a stupid point for any linux distro.

--
Best,

Zico

未讀,
2008年1月3日 上午9:38:382008/1/3
收件者:foss-...@googlegroups.com

On Jan 3, 2008 4:29 PM, Ritesh Raj Sarraf <r...@researchut.com> wrote:

Self proclamation. Grow up.

You are wrong dude!!  This is not self proclamation; we, the linux don`t need anything like this... cause, we have *many* stable and robust things to use.

Linux is just the kernel. X provides GUI to the GNU/Linux OS. And Linux is
not good in the graphics arena. Be it in terms of drivers (take nVIDIA) or
in terms of performance (the schedulers. Even the latest from Ingo doesn't
live up to the desktop expectations).

Which nVidia card are you using? I am using nVidia 8600GT in my laptop. So, what do you say?? Debian, Ubuntu,Mandriva, Fedora 7 & 8, CentOS and even Gentoo supports my card with all effects.

So next time you say that something is good/bad, do back it up. Don't just
make lame statements.

Lame statements? Which one do you call lame statement? Do you think that, you are talking with babies!!!! What a crap!!

And what's stable btw. I use Linux on my laptop and the battery drains very
fast. The performance of the GUI is not comparable to Windows because of
the lack of good 3D drivers.

I think, it`s your laptop battery`s problem. You cannot blame any distro for your battery!! I am using the most *battery hungry* laptop, Vaio; but i don`t even have any problem regarding battery issue for Ubuntu.

Now don't tell me that binary-only-drivers are culprit here. I respect FSF's
vision. But, in general and overall, Linux doesn't compare to Windows on
the *Desktop Market*.

Let`s share a very normal picture.  One of my friend is teaching computer to her grandmother and there she ( grandmother) started her learning with Ubuntu 7.10. One day, she sat infront of a Windows XP machine and totally refuse to use that because of her so called "black and white type screen".

And of stability, Linux and Mac  also crash often.

Linux distros crashes often???? Are you out of your mind? What did you run in your linux box??

That's a marketing policy. Don't mix it with technical merits/demerits.
If a company feels that the consumer is not eligible to use their product
without activation, you have no right to sue them. Don't like the policy,
don't use it. Why fuck crib ?

That`s right. I respect license issue. But, because of your so called "stability" of windows; i just stated one issue. :)

--
Best,

प्रबीण ( ओपन ठिटो )

未讀,
2008年1月3日 晚上11:55:072008/1/3
收件者:foss-...@googlegroups.com

Ritesh Raj Sarraf < r...@researchut.com> wrote:

Windows also has choices in the same way. There are many shells available
for Windows.

o really ¿ please let me know i am really new to windows. i want  to try new things out. and please bet me if it is comparable to any of *NIX desktop managers???

PS: Though KDE is bastardized by many, it is still the best IMO. :-)
Please elaborate it. ... what do u mean ¿

I am. And I use Linux (Debian Testing+Unstable+Experimental+3rd Party repos)
solely on my laptop. But still, admitting something which is not there in
Linux is what I term Freedom. Not just making fake statements.
Linux doesn't reliably suspend.
Linux doesn't reliably use power.

please don't say that. please check internet for this issues of suspend and power  management.  You will definitely get help. I have no probs here with  Ubuntu.

> and if u say linux require internet!!! what do u mean??? instead of
> getting one-one disk of Windows, MS-OFFICE, Photoshop, Dreamweaver(total
> of 4). please come to me and burn one Nepalinux cd and 3 DVDs of debain
> etch. U will get 300+times more applications and packages for your
> computer.

I didn't get this part. What does this have to do with Windows or Linux.
Different CDs are there because they are different softwares from different
sources. Respect Copyright. Even CentOS does it. OEL does it.

BTW Entered this thread not as a reply to yours but as what my opinion is?

So above para was information to other  users who wish to try Linux and have problem with internet/connectivity. Instrad of going to Kumari Arcade for 4 Pirated disks come to me and get genuine Linux DVDs/CDs for FREE.

BTW, CDs are the past. The 3 ISOs that you burn today become outdated and
vulnerable in a month or so.
May be u have lots of disk space so can make local repository of isos mounting them or copied... please consider about others!!!

And by linux requires internet - What did you actually mean ? Package
Management ?
Talking about hype... I have heard peoples saying without internet Linux is of no use. So it was answer to that.

At least for Debian, that too is solved. I wrote a tool to help people enjoy
Debian without internet connection.

Please share With us....... if not proprietary! :)

Guys! I myself use Free Software and like it. But no one has the right to
bash others, with lame statements not backed by facts. This gives a bad
press. That all.

Good to know that.

Regards, happy Discussion.

प्रबीण ( ओपन ठिटो )

未讀,
2008年1月4日 凌晨12:09:142008/1/4
收件者:foss-...@googlegroups.com、r...@researchut.com
Ritesh Raj Sarraf <r...@researchut.com> wrote:
In Windows xp, my battery
> gives 3 hr, in vista 2 ht and 25 ,min and in ubuntu 3 hr and 45 min. what
> u say regarding this?????

Did you investigate why ?

Or was it that you just installed Ubuntu, kept staring for 3 hrs and
concluded that it conserves more power.

Wish i have that much of leisure time. or did u checked that linux consumes more power by staring for the battery to last and did same with windows after recharging???

I completely tried as u say but not just staring but using applications and doing what i need to do. and ya i tried with both vista and ubuntu and will update u the time for XP if i ever install that pirated pack...may be never.

Regards

Zico

未讀,
2008年1月4日 凌晨12:19:382008/1/4
收件者:foss-...@googlegroups.com

On Jan 4, 2008 10:55 AM, प्रबीण ( ओपन ठिटो ) <prabin...@gmail.com> wrote:

o really ¿ please let me know i am really new to windows.

Khikk!!! hahaha :D  "i am really new to windows"  hahaha...  Dude, you can talk!!!

:D

Cheers,
Zico
回覆所有人