Will there be a meet up of the standards group?

Darren Burgess

Jul 27, 2014, 11:19:47 AM7/27/14
to fmsta...@googlegroups.com
We could arrange an unconference like last year or a lunch. Anyone interested?

Mark Scott

Jul 27, 2014, 11:47:56 AM7/27/14
to fmsta...@googlegroups.com
I'm game.

On Jul 27, 2014, at 8:19 AM, Darren Burgess <darrent...@gmail.com> wrote:

We could arrange an unconference like last year or a lunch. Anyone interested?

Jeremy Bante

Jul 28, 2014, 11:40:39 AM7/28/14
to fmsta...@googlegroups.com
If it happens, I'll show up!

Matt Petrowsky

Jul 28, 2014, 3:23:25 PM7/28/14
to fmsta...@googlegroups.com
Unfortunately for me, I'm not at Devcon.

I think it would be great, but you guys would have to have snagged the
time on the Unconference boards and then let me know it and I would
have been able to conference in if feasible.

If it doesn't make sense or the wifi is just too bad then I guess I'm
out for this year.

Matt

Diego D'Alessio

Jul 28, 2014, 4:56:34 PM7/28/14
to fmsta...@googlegroups.com
please let's do it!

Matt Petrowsky

Jul 28, 2014, 5:26:45 PM7/28/14
to fmsta...@googlegroups.com
If someone is ambitious enough to integrate some type of
omnidirectional mic (I don't know where you'd get one - unless you
borrowed one from my friend Matt Navarre - and he happened to have
one), then I could record the get together on my end.

Matt

Darren Burgess

Jul 29, 2014, 12:17:40 PM7/29/14
to fmsta...@googlegroups.com
Hey standards peeps:

There seems to be some interest in getting together.  I suggest breakfast on thursday.  That will give us time to promote it in the twitter-verse.

If that is a go, then I will pick a table and put out the announcement.

Darren
You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "FileMaker Development Standards" group.

Adam Moehrig

Jul 29, 2014, 12:46:18 PM7/29/14
to fmsta...@googlegroups.com
I'm not attending the conference, but I live here in S.A.  Is it ok if I attend this breakfast (or whatever you decide) just to sit in and listen?  I'm not much of a contributor (I'm not sure I'm on your level of brains), but I've loved watching the progress of the standards.  They've helped establish a greater sense of order for me as a developer.

Darren Burgess

Jul 29, 2014, 12:50:38 PM7/29/14
to fmsta...@googlegroups.com
Adam,

Not sure how that works.  Please do join us.  Conference attendees wear badges, but there are necessarily badge police at every corner...

On July 29, 2014 at 11:46:19 AM, Adam Moehrig (ada...@gmail.com) wrote:

I'm not attending the conference, but I live here in S.A.  Is it ok if I attend this breakfast (or whatever you decide) just to sit in and listen?  I'm not much of a contributor (I'm not sure I'm on your level of brains), but I've loved watching the progress of the standards.  They've helped establish a greater sense of order for me as a developer.

Adam Moehrig

Jul 29, 2014, 12:54:02 PM7/29/14
to fmsta...@googlegroups.com
Oh, were you going to meet at the conference?  I just assumed you were having breakfast at a restaurant or something.

Darren Burgess

Jul 29, 2014, 12:54:39 PM7/29/14
to fmsta...@googlegroups.com
Sorry I meant, “NOT necessarily badge police….”  Just sayin'

Darren Burgess

Jul 29, 2014, 12:55:17 PM7/29/14
to fmsta...@googlegroups.com
yes, meeting at the conference.

Adam Moehrig

Jul 29, 2014, 12:59:08 PM7/29/14
to fmsta...@googlegroups.com
Got it.  Hmm.  I’m not sure I have a desire to be tackled by the potential badge police.  Lol.