updates

1 view

Derek Anderson

Jan 7, 2008, 10:10:37 PM1/7/08
to flyback...@googlegroups.com
hey all,

two major updates for 2008:

1) python-sqlite3 is no longer required. (you can instead use
python-pysqlite2, which should be available everywhere)

2) backing up to external drives is now supported. (altho
auto-mounting/unmounting is not yet)

both are only in SVN. will be releasing 0.5.0 when you all tell me it
doesn't blow your machines to little server-bits. =P

hope you all had a happy deity_or_humanistic_based holiday/celebration!

derek

--
looking to buy or sell anything?

try: http://allurstuff.com

it's a classified ads service that
shows on a map where the seller is
(think craigslist + google maps)

plus it's 100% free :)

KaffeLars

Jan 8, 2008, 2:38:03 AM1/8/08
to flyback-discuss
Looks awesome!
But what folder on external drives (or other selected drives) is used?
I suppose it doesn't touch files and folders already on the disk?

KaffeLars

Jan 8, 2008, 3:42:55 AM1/8/08
to flyback-discuss
I couldn't wait, had to try it out :P
Didn't use an external drive though, used an internal Ext3 partition.
No problems :)

Derek Anderson

Jan 8, 2008, 8:38:22 AM1/8/08
to flyback...@googlegroups.com
it creates a "flyback" dir on the partition. all other files are
untouched. it's pretty much identical to just choosing the partition
from the folder list, just more eye-candy-ish. =P

KaffeLars

Jan 8, 2008, 9:03:39 AM1/8/08
to flyback-discuss
Looks great :)
Do you have some sort of list for coming features, or do you just look
at what people write here?

Derek Anderson

Jan 8, 2008, 9:23:38 AM1/8/08
to flyback...@googlegroups.com
all of the above. (although the list is mostly in my head :)

ssh is high on the list, but likely i won't add anything more for v0.5.

TJK

Jan 15, 2008, 1:32:02 PM1/15/08
to flyback-discuss
Comment: I agree that python-pysqlite2 must be used (as python-sqlite3
is not in the repositories). I have verified that this is true on a
machine running a 64-bit version of Kubuntu Gutsy. So, can someone
let the writer of http://code.google.com/p/flyback/ know that this
should be changed, as the installation instructions are
currentlyincorrect. (If he doesn't read this first.)