Gmail URLs and fluid

Lorin Hochstein

Jun 15, 2009, 10:16:37 AM6/15/09
to fluidapp
I use a fluid SSB for Gmail.

I sometimes like to store GMail URLs to specific email messages as a
pointer to refer back to later. However, when I use a Fluid SSB, the
URL in the browser bar remains "https://mail.google.com/mail/" rather
than changing to something like https://mail.google.com/mail/#inbox/241a2d25f4f6f2e4
when an email message is clicked.

This doesn't happen in Safari or Firefox. I've tried changing the
"User Agent" to Safari, but that doesn't seem to fix the problem. If I
change the User Agent to Firefox, Gmail doesn't even load at all.

Anybody have any insight into why this is happening and how to change
this behavior?

Fernando J

Jun 26, 2009, 10:26:18 AM6/26/09
to fluidapp
Hi, i'm having the same problem, anyone have a solution. It's a really
big deal for me because i'm using omnifocus for task manangement and i
can't link tasks with the emails i'm getting. I would really love to
use the SSB for gmail! Please help!

Thanks,

On 15 jun, 09:16, Lorin Hochstein <lor...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I use a fluid SSB forGmail.
>
> I sometimes like to storeGMailURLs to specific email messages as a
> pointer to refer back to later. However, when I use a Fluid SSB, the
> URL in the browser bar remains "https://mail.google.com/mail/" rather
> than changing to something likehttps://mail.google.com/mail/#inbox/241a2d25f4f6f2e4
> when an email message is clicked.
>
> This doesn't happen in Safari or Firefox. I've tried changing the
> "User Agent" to Safari, but that doesn't seem to fix the problem. If I
> change the User Agent to Firefox,Gmaildoesn't even load at all.

Fernando J

Jun 30, 2009, 4:04:30 PM6/30/09
to fluidapp
Hi, I notice that if you create a quick link (with the labs feature)
it creates it with the proper url and if you refresh the page on any
page it will show the correct url (in the address bar) but it won't
keep showing new urls, instead it will frezzee on that one. So for now
i'm hitting cmd+r when i need to add an email as a task; not that big
deal but i woul be great if this could work properly.

Lorin Hochstein

Jul 1, 2009, 11:44:06 AM7/1/09
to flui...@googlegroups.com
Thanks, that workaround works on my system.

Michael Smart

Jul 7, 2009, 4:49:15 AM7/7/09
to fluidapp
Yeah,

I've noticed the same issue with Gmail URLs not updating in the
address bar of the Fluid instance (hence coming across this thread).

The above noted work-around does indeed work, and it's fine for the
moment, but it would be good if this issue could be resolved at some
point in the future?

Cheers,

Michael