New Fluid Beta (0.9.6.2)

itod

Nov 27, 2009, 1:58:30 PM11/27/09
to fluidapp
Hi all, I've just posted a second Fluid Beta. This one is currently
versioned 0.9.6.2. The final version will still be 0.9.7.

This beta should work on Leopard or Snow Loepard. It will run as 32bit
on Leopard and 64bit on Snow Leopard.

This beta is not available as a Sparkle Update (neither Fluid.app nor
FluidInstance.app). However the version number (0.9.6.2) is designed
to allow you to use Sparkle Update for the final version when it
ships.

This beta should fix the bug reported by elspub where changing the SSB
icon in "General" preferences was borked, and also now runs on
Leopard.

Download here:

http://tod.nu/fluidbeta

I have updated the Fluidapp.com Changelog page to reflect what will be
new in the 0.9.7 version (and this beta):

http://fluidapp.com/changelog.html

Thanks,

TD

elspub

Nov 30, 2009, 1:37:17 PM11/30/09
to fluidapp
There's still a bug with assigning an icon to an app.

Here's how I experienced it:
1. Created instapaper SSB using a custom icon, assigning that icon in
Fluid's app creation dialog. Success.
2. In the same Fluid session (I hadn't quit it since step 1) I created
another SSB this time prefering the websites Favicon, and set the
Fluid dialog appropriately. Fluid then created the new SSB using
the instapaper icon.

Todd Ditchendorf

Nov 30, 2009, 1:48:40 PM11/30/09
to flui...@googlegroups.com
thx elspub, good to know.

I've noticed that anything related to favicons seems to be currently
broken. i started investigating last night, but haven't discovered
anything interesting yet.

i don't know if this was caused by a change in webkit or a bug in my
code or what.

at the moment, i'm considering this a showstopper for the next release.

td