Perhaps we should just push an 0.1 binary out there?

Paul Batum

Feb 12, 2009, 11:55:14 PM2/12/09
to fluent-n...@googlegroups.com
Hi All,

Chad is giving us a poke with this post:
http://www.lostechies.com/blogs/chad_myers/archive/2009/02/12/need-advice-teach-nhibernate-with-fluent-nhibernate-or-without.aspx

I appreciate his dilemma, and would like to help. I suggest we push out a 0.1 binary release as doing so will let Chad use Fluent NHibernate in his article and help publicize the project. I would like to hear opinions on this suggestion.

An alternative to releasing an 0.1 version is to make nightlies avaliable from a CI server - I know there was discussion of getting Fluent NHibernate included in the CodeBetter TeamCity setup. Has that progressed at all?

Paul Batum

James Gregory

Feb 13, 2009, 5:25:51 AM2/13/09
to fluent-n...@googlegroups.com
There's been zero progress on the CI front, people just don't want to talk to me about it it seems :(

If Chad needs a 0.1 binary, he shall receive. I'll publish one asap (hopefully tonight).

Paul Batum

Feb 13, 2009, 6:05:38 AM2/13/09
to fluent-n...@googlegroups.com
Too bad about the lack of progress on CI, but I'm glad your keen to do a 0.1 release, Chad will be happy.

x97mdr

Feb 13, 2009, 7:59:18 AM2/13/09
to Fluent NHibernate
Is the problem with TeamCity a lack of access or knowledge to use it?
I'm fairly adept with CI systems and would love to help contribute if
you need a hand setting it up or even someone to needle the CodeBetter
people to provide access?

On Feb 13, 5:25 am, James Gregory <jagregory....@gmail.com> wrote:
> There's been zero progress on the CI front, people just don't want to talk
> to me about it it seems :(
> If Chad needs a 0.1 binary, he shall receive. I'll publish one asap
> (hopefully tonight).
>
> On Fri, Feb 13, 2009 at 4:55 AM, Paul Batum <paul.ba...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Hi All,
>
> > Chad is giving us a poke with this post:
>
> >http://www.lostechies.com/blogs/chad_myers/archive/2009/02/12/need-ad...

James Gregory

Feb 13, 2009, 8:06:25 AM2/13/09
to fluent-n...@googlegroups.com
Lack of access. We don't have a CI system at all. I've used TeamCity before, so running it shouldn't be a problem... once we have one :)

I've dropped a few emails to the codebetter guys, and Jeremy suggested it before, but I've not heard anything back.

Chad Myers

Feb 14, 2009, 10:58:55 AM2/14/09
to Fluent NHibernate
FYI, Jeremy's out this weekend. I know they're still fiddling with
the CI stuff and don't feel it's ready for public consumption yet.
Perhaps that's why you're being stonewalled -- they can't deal with
that right now?

From what I understand, they have big plans for this, and I know that
FNH is one obvious candidate for inclusion and I've dropped hints for
Fubu as well.

It'll happen -- just not as fast as we would like, perhaps.

-c

On Feb 13, 7:06 am, James Gregory <jagregory....@gmail.com> wrote:
> Lack of access. We don't have a CI system at all. I've used TeamCity before,
> so running it shouldn't be a problem... once we have one :)
> I've dropped a few emails to the codebetter guys, and Jeremy suggested it
> before, but I've not heard anything back.

James Gregory

Feb 14, 2009, 11:06:18 AM2/14/09
to fluent-n...@googlegroups.com
Actually, it's done :)

I spoke to them all last night and we've managed to get it sorted. I'm just now updating the website to include a link to the downloads.

Paul Batum

Feb 15, 2009, 3:13:40 AM2/15/09
to fluent-n...@googlegroups.com
That is awesome news.