Export graph data to table, csv, Excel

OG

Mar 31, 2011, 11:16:08 PM3/31/11
to Flot graphs
Hello,

I was wondering if it is possible to "export" the graphed data into
things like an HTML table or Excel format or CSV?

I remember seeing a fork of Flot that had little "export" links
somewhere near the graph that, when clicked, would render a pretty
HTML table right there in the browser either in the same area
previously occupied by the graph or somewhere along the graph. I am
wondering if the same is doable with Flot itself?

Thanks,
Otis

George Roberts

Apr 1, 2011, 9:22:50 AM4/1/11
to flot-...@googlegroups.com
flot does not do this. You are thinking of flotr which does. flotr also
exports to png.

flotr is a fork of flot and the syntax is identical except for features
since the split. So converting a graph to flotr is pretty easy but ask how
on the flotr mailing list - not this one.

- George Roberts
http://gr5.org

OG

Apr 1, 2011, 4:14:33 PM4/1/11
to Flot graphs
Hi,

Hm, Flotr... I almost thought Flotr (http://solutoire.com/flotr/) was
the fork I was referring to, but I don't think it is - there are no
examples of exporting to an inline table over on
http://www.solutoire.com/experiments/flotr/examples/index.html .

Would you happen to know any other Flot-based libraries that do this
exporting?
Also, would it be possible to add that to Flot itself? I checked
http://code.google.com/p/flot/issues/list?can=2&q=export&colspec=ID+Type+Status+Reporter+Summary&cells=tiles
but it looks like there is currently no request for adding export
functionality.

Thanks,
Otis

On Apr 1, 9:22 am, "George Roberts" <gr-googlegrp...@spamarrest.com>
wrote:
> flot does not do this.  You are thinking of flotr which does.  flotr also
> exports to png.
>
> flotr is a fork of flot and the syntax is identical except for features
> since the split.  So converting a graph to flotr is pretty easy but ask how
> on the flotr mailing list - not this one.
>
> - George Robertshttp://gr5.org

George Roberts

Apr 1, 2011, 4:19:12 PM4/1/11
to flot-...@googlegroups.com
The examples on the website are a reduced set of the examples if you
download the flotr zip file. Here you go with the full set of examples.
The second from bottom does graph versus data view and allows one to
download CSV. The 3rd to last example allows one to download the graph as a
png file.

http://gr5.org/flotr2a/examples/

- George Roberts
http://gr5.org