Problem in calling HTTPS webservice

Naveen

Sep 13, 2008, 4:28:37 AM9/13/08
to Flex India Community
Hi,
I am getting a problem in calling a HTTPS webservice can any one
please tell me the solution.
i have placed the crossdomain.xml at the root of the server but when i
run my application the error which i get is "...not able to load
WSDL...." can any one please help me it is very urgent...

Thanks
Naveen

Durairaj

Sep 13, 2008, 12:03:04 PM9/13/08
to Flex India Community
Without the code it is difficult to find the fix for the problem. But
there were couple of steps you can do at this moment to check
1. Type the same wsdl url in a browser and see whther it works.
2. check the url cases..
3. Check the cross domain xml whether it allows the appropriate domain

If the above steps were fine working, then it would be better if there
is code for that to check whats the problem

-- Durairaj

Ravi Shanker

Sep 15, 2008, 2:34:10 AM9/15/08
to Flex India Community
hi Naveen,

I got the prob.. can u check wat sort of ssl certificate u r using for
the purpose, if it is a self signed certificate then loading of wsdl
will fail, u have to use a valid ssl certificate for the same.

to solve ur prob temp do the following;
first access ur wsdl url in the browser window and accept the self
signed certificate then on the same browser window try to open the
flex application then it works... rem u need to open the flex in the
same window.

flash player will not accept the self signed certificate.

hope this solves ur problem....

~Ravi Shanker .P

Naveen

Sep 15, 2008, 7:36:31 AM9/15/08
to Flex India Community
Hi Ravi,

Thanks for the solution. yes i was using self signed certificate...
i tried the temp solution that you have given and it worked....
now i will try with the orignal certificate.....
Thanks once again it really helped me

Naveen.