FLARManager: Add new pattern during runtime

musk

Oct 25, 2010, 10:41:55 AM10/25/10
to FLARToolKit userz
Hi,
Is it possible to add new pattern programmaticaly during runtime? If
so what is FLARManager interface for doing that?

Regards,

eric socolofsky

Oct 25, 2010, 12:34:54 PM10/25/10
to flartool...@googlegroups.com
no, not if you're talking about FLARToolkit. FLARToolkit loads patterns on init.

Makc

Oct 25, 2010, 1:49:32 PM10/25/10
to flartool...@googlegroups.com
why no, yes, it's possible. you just need to grab sources "marker
generator online" app and copy-paste relevant parts of it.

eric socolofsky

Oct 25, 2010, 3:30:28 PM10/25/10
to flartool...@googlegroups.com
Oh yeah, guess that makes sense. Suppose I should say it's not
possible with the 'off-the-shelf' version of FLARToolkit. i.e. there's
no API for that functionality.

ditditdit on my mobile phone

musk

Oct 26, 2010, 5:09:28 PM10/26/10
to FLARToolKit userz
Eric, Makc thanks for your replies. I'm not sure if you understand my
question. I don't want to generate pat files in runtime. I just want
to add pattern that is not present in flarConfig.xml.

One thing I thought about is to re-create FLARManager instance passing
config parameter as HTTP URL and generate the config via PHP script.
But I suppose a more elegent solution would be to have API call like:

flarManager.addPattern(FLARPattern)

On 25 Paź, 21:30, eric socolofsky <e...@transmote.com> wrote:
> Oh yeah, guess that makes sense. Suppose I should say it's not
> possible with the 'off-the-shelf' version of FLARToolkit. i.e. there's
> no API for that functionality.
>
> ditditdit on my mobile phone

eric socolofsky

Oct 26, 2010, 8:37:00 PM10/26/10
to flartool...@googlegroups.com
no, we understand the question. there is no API for that functionality in FLARToolkit, but the online marker generator must have that functionality, as it's able to recognize patterns newly created at runtime. so, you could dissect that project's code to get the functionality you want.

if you do so, and do it in the context of FLARManager, please let me know -- if it works out well i could add that feature into FLARManager.

good luck,
-e

Makc

Oct 26, 2010, 8:46:13 PM10/26/10
to flartool...@googlegroups.com
no we did not :) and he could actually refer to flar manager here (xmls ?)

Makc

Oct 26, 2010, 8:47:57 PM10/26/10
to flartool...@googlegroups.com
> and he could actually refer to flar manager here (xmls ?)

now when I read it, he most definitely does.