FLARToolKit version 2.5.0 released

Rokubou

Jan 31, 2010, 1:23:11 AM1/31/10
to FLARToolKit userz
FLARToolKit version 2.5.0 has been released.

This is a major update release.

You can get it from our download page:
http://www.libspark.org/wiki/saqoosha/FLARToolKit/download

The changelog for this version:
Version 2.5.0
- Changes to the NyARToolKit for AS3 version 2.5.0 base.
- "Flash player 9" is not supported.
- etc.

In this version, there might still be a bug.
Please report in this forum when you find the bug.

"nyatla" writes most of the source code. Saqoosha is hardly
related to this version. Please do not question Saqoosha directly.

----- Old version -----
An old version was able to be downloaded.

To download FLARToolKit from svn, the tutorial is written.
In the future, I will want you to write that it downloads
the zip file of FLARToolKit on the download page.

----- To library developers -----
FLARToolKit included in FLARManager0.6 is in version1.x.x of branches
of svn.
Please work with branches when you improve Version1.0.0.

Notes when Version2.5.0 is improved.
- Please do not change the inside of the libs folder.
- Please make another file when you add the function to detector etc.

I'm sorry, please cooperate.

Makc

Jan 31, 2010, 8:59:08 AM1/31/10
to flartool...@googlegroups.com
what is svn URL to jp.nyatla.nyartoolkit.as3.* ?

makc

Jan 31, 2010, 10:31:04 AM1/31/10
to FLARToolKit userz
On Jan 31, 3:59 pm, Makc <makc.the.gr...@gmail.com> wrote:
> what is svn URL to jp.nyatla.nyartoolkit.as3.* ?

nvm, found the answer here
http://groups.google.com/group/flartoolkit-userz/msg/91525fbe9efb568b

pride studio

Feb 1, 2010, 1:07:24 PM2/1/10
to FLARToolKit userz

Can`t compile of this in (public class NyARColorPatt_Perspective_O2
extends NyARColorPatt_Perspective)
- http://clip2net.com/page/m0/3730575

In class NyARColorPatt_Perspective there is
public function pickFromRaster(image:INyARRgbRaster,
i_vertexs:Vector.<NyARIntPoint2d>):Boolean
So, function exits, it`s public.
Using FLASH CS4 10.0.2/

Rokubou

Feb 2, 2010, 9:28:12 AM2/2/10
to FLARToolKit userz
Thank you for feedback.

We are not using FLASH CS4.
Therefore, we seem to have been inconsiderate.

It doesn't become an error in Flex Builder and Flash Develop.
Because an internal class is used, it is thought that the bug of
FLASH CS4 is a cause.

http://www.dpdk.nl/opensource/internal-classes-confuse-cs4-compiler

We learnt there was such a problem for the first time.
The method of evading this problem is examined.

Best regards

pride studio

Feb 2, 2010, 9:36:53 AM2/2/10
to FLARToolKit userz
Ok, i`ll try compile it with Flex Builder, and work a little to make
it avaliable with CS4.

Anders Gunnarsson

Feb 3, 2010, 4:27:48 AM2/3/10
to FLARToolKit userz
Great to see an update!

Though I think there are some strangeness in this.
1. In the example, a flarlogo.pat is used as pattern.
But that doesn't fit to the code "new FLARCode(16, 16)" in
ARAppBase.as
This way it detects very bad.
2. The width & height (16, 16) should be variables.
3. Where is the setting for marker size?

My questions are based on how the detection works in other AR apps
(and previous flartoolkit versions)
http://www.squidder.com/2009/03/05/for-nerds-only-custom-flar-markers-explained/

The included flarlogo.pat doesn't seem to fit any kind of x by x
pattern dimensions.

edwards

Feb 3, 2010, 12:16:10 PM2/3/10
to FLARToolKit userz
Any progress on the CS4 compatible version yet?

edwards

Feb 4, 2010, 5:56:16 AM2/4/10
to FLARToolKit userz
Nevermind, turns out you just have to expand the
NyARColorPatt_Perspective_O2 class in
jp.nyatla.nyartoolkit.as3.core.pickup into individual classes for it
to compile in Flash CS4.

pride studio

Feb 4, 2010, 7:32:26 AM2/4/10
to FLARToolKit userz
Found:
1120: Access of undefined property hrow. NyARBinRaster.as FlarTest1/
src/jp/nyatla/nyartoolkit/as3/core/raster line 68

default:
hrow new NyARException();
}

need to be
default:
throw new NyARException();
}

Rokubou

Feb 4, 2010, 10:59:38 AM2/4/10
to FLARToolKit userz
Thank you for the bug report.

Some grammatical errors were corrected.
version 2.5.0a released.

There is a report that marker detection is amusing.
I also compared v1.x with v2.x, and the marker detection was
confirmed.

v2.x seems to have the bug in the part of the marker detection.
I reported on this bug to nyatla.
He is starting the cause of this bug being looked for.

There is a possibility that the sample program is strange, too.
Please help someone to look for this cause.

About FLASH CS4.
I think that there is no problem if swc of NyARToolKit and FLARToolKit
is made.
I am confirming it.

Best regards,

Makc

Feb 4, 2010, 11:28:48 AM2/4/10
On Thu, Feb 4, 2010 at 5:59 PM, Rokubou <rok...@gmail.com> wrote:
> There is a report that marker detection is amusing.

it is :))

pride studio

Feb 4, 2010, 11:32:52 AM2/4/10
to FLARToolKit userz

Yup, 4 me v1.x much faster detects marker than v2.x.

nyatla

Feb 4, 2010, 6:51:01 PM2/4/10
to FLARToolKit userz
Maybe, this problem is caused by Flash accelarator.
This problem appear when following stacktrace is inserted.

at _PV3DARApp::onEnterFrame
var detected:Boolean = false;
try {
trace("-");
detected = _detector.detectMarkerLite(_raster, 80) &&
_detector.getConfidence() > 0.5;
trace(_detector.getConfidence());
} catch (e:Error) {
trace(e.getStackTrace()); //<<Insert
}

Please wait until correcting.

Hornes Maximiliano

Feb 4, 2010, 11:58:52 AM2/4/10
to FLARToolKit userz
Hello, people.

I am having a problem building my application with this FLARToolKit
version. I am using Flash Builder 4 Beta, and its show this errors:

Type was not found or was not a compile-time constant: IFLARRgbRaster.
FLARSquidderMarkerDetector.as /bugs/[source path] flar/com/squidder/
flar/detector line 135 Flex Problem
Type was not found or was not a compile-time constant:
FLARMultiMarkerDetectorResult. FLARSquidderMarkerDetector.as /bugs/
[source path] flar/com/squidder/flar/detector line 280 Flex Problem
Type was not found or was not a compile-time constant:
FLARMultiMarkerDetectorResult. FLARSquidderMarkerDetector.as /bugs/
[source path] flar/com/squidder/flar/detector line 296 Flex Problem

Thanks!

Rokubou

Feb 5, 2010, 1:36:00 AM2/5/10
to FLARToolKit userz
On 2月5日, 午前1:28, Makc <makc.the.gr...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Thu, Feb 4, 2010 at 5:59 PM, Rokubou <roku...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > There is a report that marker detection is amusing.
>
> it is :))

There is a report that marker detection is strange. (><

Because the machine translation does interesting conversion,
I am embarrassed.

Please forgive me though there might be a weird expression.

edwards

Feb 5, 2010, 4:55:12 AM2/5/10
to FLARToolKit userz
Thanks Rokubou and nyatla, looking forward to seeing any improvements.

Makc

Feb 5, 2010, 5:52:36 AM2/5/10
On Fri, Feb 5, 2010 at 1:51 AM, nyatla <nyat...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Maybe, this problem is caused by Flash accelarator.
> This problem appear  when following stacktrace is inserted.
>
> at _PV3DARApp::onEnterFrame
>                        var detected:Boolean = false;
>                        try {
>                                trace("-");
>                                detected = _detector.detectMarkerLite(_raster, 80) &&
> _detector.getConfidence() > 0.5;
>                                trace(_detector.getConfidence());
>                        } catch (e:Error) {
>                                trace(e.getStackTrace()); //<<Insert
>                        }

try-catch is generally VERY slow in AS3 so try to not use it

pride studio

Feb 5, 2010, 6:18:32 AM2/5/10
to FLARToolKit userz
> try-catch is generally VERY slow in AS3 so try to not use it
It`s true, in v 1.x i`d remove this block, and it`s works perfectly.

In v 2x if u remove try-catch - there will be a messege that "to many
labels - gave up".
And this appears if i add

trace(_detector.detectMarkerLite(_raster, 80)) above the try-catch

So, the app stops and errors follows to:
org.libspark.flartoolkit.core.squaredetect.FLContourPickup->public
function getContour_FLARBinRaster
where many infinity loops like for(;;){}. I thought this was the
problem, but now i don`t know.

nyatla

Feb 6, 2010, 10:10:41 AM2/6/10
to FLARToolKit userz
I fixed some bug of FLARTK/2.5.0 and committed it to
http://www.libspark.org/svn/as3/FLARToolKit/branches/nyatla/current/tags/2.5.1.

The bug was a error of effective label counter at FLARLabeling.as.

Rokubou

Feb 7, 2010, 9:10:18 AM2/7/10
to FLARToolKit userz
FLARToolKit version 2.5.1 alpha 2 has been released.

This is a bug fix release.
Please try.

Version 2.5.1 is released on around February 20.

Fra

Feb 10, 2010, 6:17:18 AM2/10/10
to FLARToolKit userz
I've upgrade my Flex Builder project from FLARToolKit 2.5.0 to 2.5.1
alpha 2

When compiling I get this error:

1046: Type was not found or was not a compile-time constant:
FLARDoubleMatrix34. FLARManager/src/com/transmote/flar/marker
FLARMarker.as line 97 1265800407640 1521

any suggestion?

cheers,

-
Fra

eric socolofsky

Feb 18, 2010, 12:11:24 AM2/18/10
to flartool...@googlegroups.com
FLARManager has not yet been updated to support the latest version of FLARManager. i don't expect this will happen until mid-march at the earliest. if you want to use FLARManager, you should use the version of FLARToolkit distributed along with FM.

Timbo

Feb 18, 2010, 9:04:32 AM2/18/10
to FLARToolKit userz
Would be great if there will be official away3dlite support in version
2.5.1.

Using away3dlite as 3d engine is really a performance booster.

Great work guys!

eric socolofsky

Feb 18, 2010, 12:41:30 PM2/18/10
to flartool...@googlegroups.com
the current version of FLARManager, in SVN (not a dot release yet) supports away3D lite. it doesn't yet use the most current version of FLARToolkit, but it will within a month or so.

-e

Timbo

Feb 18, 2010, 4:46:26 PM2/18/10
to FLARToolKit userz
Aah good to hear Eric!

Tried to implement it myself in some branch of Nyatla, but having some
minor problems with the perspective..

-t

eric socolofsky

Feb 18, 2010, 4:49:34 PM2/18/10
to flartool...@googlegroups.com
and if you don't want to use FM, or want to use FT2.5.1 now, you can always just cut'n'paste from the Away3DLite example as needed.

Timbo

Feb 19, 2010, 6:18:44 AM2/19/10
to FLARToolKit userz
Indeed, I guess it has something to do with the lenses that are now
available in the latest (dev) version of away3dlite.

eric socolofsky

Feb 19, 2010, 1:53:24 PM2/19/10
to flartool...@googlegroups.com
i bypassed the lenses.
mikael emtinger helped me greatly with this (basically solved it himself), using away3d lenses, and since the main branch of away3dlite didn't yet support them, i worked around it.
you can see this in support.away3d_lite.FLARCamera3D.