About cranes

Marcus Marcusson

Jul 8, 2007, 7:12:07 AM7/8/07
There is a lot of literature and documentation about various artefacts
in the railway area. But I haven't really found anything about the
cranes used by and around the railways - reasonably a central function
of most of the marshalling yards once up in the time…

Have anyone any ideas where to find relevant reading about cranes?

Anyway, did find this old nice one in the railway museum of Kristianstad
in south-east of Sweden, muscle powered and presumably used for cole.

http://www.abc.se/~m10901/RAIL/kristianstadkran.html

/M
--
SUBLIMITETSAKADEMIEN
http://mac.abc.se/~pictor/

gerar...@gmail.com

Jul 8, 2007, 9:20:28 AM7/8/07
Bonjour

quelques liens / somes links :
- http://www.lrpresse.fr/trains/viewtopic.php?t=6990
- http://www.lrpresse.fr/trains/viewtopic.php?t=7788
- http://www.google.fr/search?hl=fr&qt_s=1&q=forum%20lrpresse%20grue&sa=N&tab=gw

Salutations / regards
Gérard Massip

PS : dans des listes de discussion anglophones, il y a la salutation
cheers. que signifie t'elle ?

Brian Robertson

Jul 8, 2007, 9:26:19 AM7/8/07

What informtion do you require? Locations? Number of cranes? Lifting
capacity? Look on eBay or go to abebooks.co.uk and search out a copy of
the Railway Clearing House Handbook of Stations. Chances are, you will
get the David and Charles reprint of the 1904 edition, but there were
also editions from 1956 (Fairly rare) and 1938 (Think rocking horse sh*t)

If you want information about a specific location then email me and I
will try to supply what you want. This information will eventually be
included on my website. Also included on my website is a patchy list of
emergency cranes that were located around the B.R. network in 1960.
Obviously this information only covers the UK.

For those who have never visited my website, it is building up to
provide a complete list of location on British Rail as at 1960, with
links at every junction so that a person can 'travel' from route to
route with the click of a mouse. A work in progress but getting there.

Email address on my website.

http://www.thesectionalappendix.co.uk

Brian.

BH Williams

Jul 8, 2007, 9:49:39 AM7/8/07

"Brian Robertson" <brianrobertson@[nospam].com> wrote in message

> Marcus Marcusson wrote:
>> There is a lot of literature and documentation about various artefacts
>> in the railway area. But I haven't really found anything about the
>> cranes used by and around the railways - reasonably a central function
>> of most of the marshalling yards once up in the time.

>> Have anyone any ideas where to find relevant reading about cranes?
>>
>> Anyway, did find this old nice one in the railway museum of Kristianstad
>> in south-east of Sweden, muscle powered and presumably used for cole.
>>
>> http://www.abc.se/~m10901/RAIL/kristianstadkran.html
>>
>> /M
>
> What informtion do you require? Locations? Number of cranes? Lifting
> capacity? Look on eBay or go to abebooks.co.uk and search out a copy of
> the Railway Clearing House Handbook of Stations. Chances are, you will get
> the David and Charles reprint of the 1904 edition, but there were also
> editions from 1956 (Fairly rare) and 1938 (Think rocking horse sh*t)
>
> If you want information about a specific location then email me and I will
> try to supply what you want. This information will eventually be included
> on my website. Also included on my website is a patchy list of emergency
> cranes that were located around the B.R. network in 1960. Obviously this
> information only covers the UK.
>
> For those who have never visited my website, it is building up to provide
> a complete list of location on British Rail as at 1960, with links at
> every junction so that a person can 'travel' from route to route with the
> click of a mouse. A work in progress but getting there.
>
> Email address on my website.
>
> http://www.thesectionalappendix.co.uk
>
> Brian.
See also the photos here on Paul Bartlett's site:-
http://paulbartlettsotherrailwayphotos.fotopic.net/c20968.html
http://gallery6801.fotopic.net/c1121552.html
http://gallery6801.fotopic.net/c88721.html
The road crane in the second selection was a design sponsored by the
Ministry of Supply during WW2, intended to provide mobile cranage in areas
where fixed facilities were deemed inadequate.
Brian

fabien38

Jul 8, 2007, 11:06:10 AM7/8/07
gerar...@gmail.com a écrit :