Doesn't anyone use XrLib?

Peter Ware

Apr 7, 1992, 5:15:50 PM4/7/92
Date: Tue, 7 Apr 1992 17:24:21 GMT
Newsgroups: comp.windows.x
Sender: xpert-...@expo.lcs.mit.edu

Xrlib is the very, very old X-ray toolkit from HP[1]. This was
originally developed under X10R4 (yes, X10) probably around 1988.
Many lessons learned in developing Xr were applied to the Xt
Intrinsics. The X-ray toolkit was ported to X11 out of the kindness
of someones heart. You are probably the only person in the entire
world using this library.

Switch to using an Xt based widget set such as Athena (free and ugly),
Motif (sexy but cancerous), Open Look Intrinsics Toolkit (sexy but
hard-to-get) or another toolkit such as Xview (Sun, free), Interviews
(Stanford, free, c++), OI (Solbourne/AT&T, $, c++). There are
probably others.

[1] After I wrote HP I suddenly started thinking maybe it was
Tektronix that did Xr. Oh well, I'm sure someone will correct me.

--pete
--
Pete Ware / Ohio State University /
wa...@cis.ohio-state.edu