Firefox5 and Firebug 1.8.3 is not compatible with FirePHP

jeeba

Jun 22, 2011, 11:41:01 AM6/22/11
to firephp-dev
I was using firebug 1.7 and firefox 4. Yesterday I Downloaded the last
Firefox5, and need to install the newest version of firebug i think it
is 1.8.3 -rc something... Well this combo doesnt work with FirePHP, I
had to downgrade Firefox to keep it working.

Christoph Dorn

Jun 22, 2011, 1:06:17 PM6/22/11
to firep...@googlegroups.com

The FirePHP extension (at 0.5.0) is currently not compatible with Firefox 5.

You can install DeveloperCompanion which will be replacing the FirePHP
extension soon:

http://developercompanion.com/

You will need to upgrade your server library which you can download here:

http://reference.developercompanion.com/Tools/FirePHPCompanion/Install/

Everything should work as before.

Let me know if you run into any issues.

Christoph

Tisza Gergő

Jul 6, 2011, 6:34:23 AM7/6/11
to firephp-dev
On Jun 22, 7:06 pm, Christoph Dorn <christoph.d...@gmail.com> wrote:
> The FirePHP extension (at 0.5.0) is currently not compatible with Firefox 5.

Do you intend to make it compatible at some point or is it at the end
of its life cycle?

Christoph Dorn

Jul 6, 2011, 12:38:09 PM7/6/11
to firep...@googlegroups.com
Actually, FirePHP extension (at 0.5.0) DOES work with Firefox 5.

The problem is Firebug 1.8 but it works fine with Firebug 1.7 which
works on Firefox 5 now as well.

Alternatively you can install DeveloperCompanion
(http://developercompanion.com/) instead of the FirePHP extension. No
need to change anything on the server side.

The FirePHP extension will get an update to work with Firebug 1.8 in time.

Christoph

jeeba

Jul 6, 2011, 3:52:48 PM7/6/11
to firephp-dev
Just my two cent. I managed to install FireCompanion with Firebug
1.8.3. My OS is a Ubuntu 11 and im currently using firefox 5. But i
have to unistall Firefox and remove the hidden directory of .mozilla
located in my /home directory to make it work, because, apparently i
had some issues with Firebug that didnt allow me to change CSS on the
fly. I think it has nothing to do with FirePHP but maybe it will help
someone looking for information about Firefox .

PD: FireCompanion Rocks! Thanks for doing it!.

Carlos

Tisza Gergő

Jul 8, 2011, 9:16:55 AM7/8/11
to firephp-dev
On Jul 6, 6:38 pm, Christoph Dorn <christoph.d...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Actually, FirePHP extension (at 0.5.0) DOES work with Firefox 5.

I have Firefox 4 with Firebug 1.7.3, and the Firefox upgrader tells me
that FirePHP 0.5.0 is not compatible with Firefox 5 and will be
disabled. Can this be safely ignored? (Do I need to change the version
compatibility setting in FirePHP manually afterwards?)

Christoph Dorn

Jul 11, 2011, 12:50:14 PM7/11/11
to firep...@googlegroups.com
You may have installed FirePHP from:

http://www.firephp.org/

instead of:

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/firephp/

The mozilla add-ons site automatically increments the max version while
I have not uploaded a new one to the FirePHP site yet.

Will upload new version this week.

Christoph

Christoph Dorn

Jul 11, 2011, 12:52:42 PM7/11/11
to firep...@googlegroups.com

DeveloperCompanion/FireCompanion is designed for Firefox 4+ and will
work with Firebug 1.7+ (including 1.8+).

The discussion was about the FirePHP Firefox Extension.

Thanks for the upgrade tips.

Christoph

Tisza Gergő

Jul 12, 2011, 5:09:54 AM7/12/11
to firephp-dev
On Jul 11, 6:50 pm, Christoph Dorn <christoph.d...@gmail.com> wrote:
> You may have installed FirePHP from:
>
> http://www.firephp.org/
>
> instead of:
>
> https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/firephp/
>
> The mozilla add-ons site automatically increments the max version while
> I have not uploaded a new one to the FirePHP site yet.

Thanks! Reinstalling FirePHP from addons.mozilla.org helped.