Firebug 1.6b1

John J Barton

Aug 24, 2010, 5:07:01 PM8/24/10
to Firebug
Firebug 1.6a1 came out 26-Jan-2010. 20 releases later we have 1.6b1:
http://blog.getfirebug.com/2010/08/24/firebug-1-6b1/
jjb

NickG

Aug 25, 2010, 6:08:38 AM8/25/10
to Firebug

Since installing this release, I get a dialog appearing every time I
load the page which says "TypeError: yscontext is undefined".

I've had to disable the extension.

Nick

Honza (Jan Odvarko)

Aug 25, 2010, 6:13:00 AM8/25/10
to Firebug
Please try to install Firebug in a new fresh Firefox profile and let
us know if it still happens. I don't think the message is coming from
Firebug.
Honza

David Hulbert

Aug 26, 2010, 3:28:18 AM8/26/10
to Firebug
Does this mean that 1.7a1 will be available soon? Will the 1.7 branch
continue to work with Firefox 3.6.x or will it require Firefox 4?

Thanks,
Dave

On Aug 24, 10:07 pm, John J Barton <johnjbar...@johnjbarton.com>

grumbler

Aug 26, 2010, 9:21:06 AM8/26/10
to Firebug
I've faced the same problem.
Firebug 1.6 is incompatible with my version of YahooSlow extension.
After disabling it message disappeared.

Honza (Jan Odvarko)

Aug 26, 2010, 10:05:18 AM8/26/10
to Firebug

John J Barton

Aug 26, 2010, 11:13:00 AM8/26/10
to Firebug

On Aug 26, 12:28 am, David Hulbert <dave1...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Does this mean that 1.7a1 will be available soon? Will the 1.7 branch
> continue to work with Firefox 3.6.x or will it require Firefox 4?

I hope to put out 1.7a1 today or tomorrow.

In theory our plan is for 1.7 to support Firefox 4.0 and 4.1. However,
we will continue to use FF 3.6 until Firefox 4.1 is well underway.

In addition I may continue some work on FF 3.6 or a fork of FF 3.6 or
4.0. Mozilla has removed some features from Firefox 4.0 that I use in
developing new Firebug features and I have not been successful in
finding a way to collaborate with them. I am also looking into WebKit/
V8 as a platform for this work. Realistically I won't be able to
pursue this until the main work of 1.7 is complete.

jjb

Mike Orlov

Aug 27, 2010, 2:24:07 AM8/27/10
to Firebug
After installing this beta, I can not see css properties in "Styles"
tab on the right. CSS tab in main part works fine.
Also, in HTML tab I can't select any element. Only page selection tool
works.
Firefox 3.6.8, Windows XP x86 SP3 and Windows 7 x64 - on both systems
I have the same situation.
When I rollback to 1.6a20 - all works fine.

Honza (Jan Odvarko)

Aug 27, 2010, 4:37:23 AM8/27/10
to Firebug
I have just tested that and it seems to be working for me just fine.

Here is what I have done:
1) Load http://www.janodvarko.cz/firecookie/tests/
2) Open Firebug UI (F12) and select the HTML panel
3) Use the inspector tool to select heading "Firecookie Tests" on the
page (or find the element within the HTML panel)
4) As soon as the element <h1> is selected (which works for me), see
the Style side panel. It should display :

h1 {
margin-bottom: 0;
margin-top: 10px;
}

It could be collision with a (Firebug) extension. Try to install
Firebug in a new clean Firefox profile.
http://getfirebug.com/wiki/index.php/FAQ#Installing_in_a_clean_profile

Honza

Mike Orlov

Aug 28, 2010, 3:01:26 AM8/28/10
to Firebug
Just as I expected after installing it in a clean profile it works
fine.

I will try to install in this profile other extensions that I have,
one by one. In process i'll try to specify which one of them
interferes with firebug.

On 27 авг, 12:37, "Honza (Jan Odvarko)" <odva...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I have just tested that and it seems to be working for me just fine.
>
> Here is what I have done:
> 1) Loadhttp://www.janodvarko.cz/firecookie/tests/
> 2) Open Firebug UI (F12) and select the HTML panel
> 3) Use the inspector tool to select heading "Firecookie Tests" on the
> page (or find the element within the HTML panel)
> 4) As soon as the element <h1> is selected (which works for me), see
> the Style side panel. It should display :
>
> h1 {
>   margin-bottom: 0;
>   margin-top: 10px;
>
> }
>
> It could be collision with a (Firebug) extension. Try to install
> Firebug in a new clean Firefox profile.http://getfirebug.com/wiki/index.php/FAQ#Installing_in_a_clean_profile
Message has been deleted

Eric Lambart

Aug 30, 2010, 7:53:17 PM8/30/10
to fir...@googlegroups.com
Hooray! This is the first 1.6 version I've been able to use with Linux. Somewhere I read I'd have to disable something for the command-line completion, but everything looks good so far-even command-line completion seems to work (no pop-up but that's fine by me).

It's been running well over an hour and even the Net tab still works.

Thanks, guys.

Eric

Honza (Jan Odvarko)

Aug 31, 2010, 4:44:59 AM8/31/10
to Firebug
On Aug 31, 1:53 am, Eric Lambart <eric.lamb...@gmail.com> wrote:
> everything looks good so far-even command-line completion
> seems to work (no pop-up but that's fine by me).
The command-line completion popup is enabled if
"extensions.firebug.commandLineShowCompleterPopup" preferences is set
to true.

I guess that the pref is wrongly labeled as
"extensions.firebugcommandLineShowCompleterPopup"
in your profile

Honza

Mike Orlov

Sep 3, 2010, 1:59:18 PM9/3/10
to Firebug
The error was caused by FireFile - extension for Firebug. When i
turned it off, Firebug started to work fine.