Firebug 1.6a20

1 view

John J Barton

Aug 18, 2010, 3:08:28 PM8/18/10
to Firebug

timmfin

Aug 23, 2010, 9:28:44 AM8/23/10
to Firebug
The new command line autocomplete makes it quite difficult to access
variables that you define on the command line.

Eg.

>>> var d = new Date();
>>> Mon Aug 23 2010 09:24:18 GMT-0400 (EST) {}
(Then I press 'd' and '.' and get)
>>> dump.

Since locally defined variables are not included in the autocomplete
list, it is impossible to type them if there are autocomplete results
that start with that variable name.

tim

On Aug 18, 3:08 pm, John J Barton <johnjbar...@johnjbarton.com> wrote:
> The last alpha, really!http://blog.getfirebug.com/2010/08/18/firebug-1-6a20/
>
> jjb

John J Barton

Aug 23, 2010, 11:19:05 AM8/23/10
to Firebug

On Aug 23, 6:28 am, timmfin <timm...@gmail.com> wrote:
> The new command line autocomplete makes it quite difficult to access
> variables that you define on the command line.
>
> Eg.
>
>     >>> var d = new Date();
>     >>> Mon Aug 23 2010 09:24:18 GMT-0400 (EST) {}
>     (Then I press 'd' and '.' and get)
>     >>> dump.
>
> Since locally defined variables are not included in the autocomplete
> list, it is impossible to type them if there are autocomplete results
> that start with that variable name.

I don't think the problem is locally defined variables,
window.d = new Date();
also fails.

jjb

John J Barton

Aug 23, 2010, 5:15:27 PM8/23/10
to Firebug

On Aug 23, 6:28 am, timmfin <timm...@gmail.com> wrote:
> The new command line autocomplete makes it quite difficult to access
> variables that you define on the command line.
>
> Eg.
>
>     >>> var d = new Date();
>     >>> Mon Aug 23 2010 09:24:18 GMT-0400 (EST) {}
>     (Then I press 'd' and '.' and get)
>     >>> dump.
>
> Since locally defined variables are not included in the autocomplete

I find that this works:
var dd = {one:1, two:2};
dd.
gives completion "dd.one" and cycles to "two".

> list, it is impossible to type them if there are autocomplete results
> that start with that variable name.

Firefox does not seem to want to enumerate properties of a Date
object. I don't know why.

But your post prompted me to find two bugs in the command line any
way, thanks!

jjb