StatusBar Icon in Firebug 1.4a23

John J Barton

Apr 30, 2009, 12:55:07 AM4/30/09
to Firebug
Firebug 1.4.0a23 is out. It includes couple of additions to the
status bar icon context menu....

Full text, images, and link:
http://blog.getfirebug.com/?p=165

jjb

MuffinDCC

May 3, 2009, 5:28:06 PM5/3/09
to Firebug
Hello John,

Great work on Firebug 1.4 btw.

I was curious about the design, in particular the inspect and break
icons. I personally preferred the textual button as it takes less
focus away from the website you are debugging. As I usually debug for
stylistic purposes, a conservative approach would be better. I don't
expect you to change anything due to my personal preferences by any
means. However, I was wondering if there was any quick changes that I
can make to make them just text instead of images?

Cheers,

James

johnjbarton

May 4, 2009, 12:10:43 AM5/4/09
to Firebug
The images are used to visually separate command icons from the panel
tabs adjacent to them and to conserve as much space as possible, given
that 1.5 will begin the introduction of new panels from extensions.

I don't know what happens if you delete the images. In a perfect world
the alt/aria text would show.

jjb

Fin6

May 6, 2009, 9:58:10 AM5/6/09
to Firebug
> Reset All Firebug Options

Yeah! Thanks for this!
You might slightly remember me and some folks had issues with Firebug
including the tooltip saying only "Firebug 1.3.0" with no furter
informations..
I installed this 1.4.x alpha and had the same problem. But clicking
"Reset All Firebug Options" did the trick and now I can see the
complete Tooltip.

Btw: love the overhauled activation modes, way better than in 1.3 and
previous 1.4a-versions