Performance problem in Firebug 1.5 (and probably 1.4)

1 view

John J Barton

Aug 26, 2009, 8:57:27 PM8/26/09
to Firebug
Blog post on a performance problem for site with lots of errors:
http://blog.getfirebug.com/2009/08/26/performance-problem-in-firebug-1-5-and-probably-1-4/

jjb

Morac

Aug 27, 2009, 12:19:48 PM8/27/09
to Firebug
The Leak Monitor add-on is fairly good at weeding out leaks.

johnjbarton

Aug 27, 2009, 12:54:43 PM8/27/09
to Firebug

On Aug 27, 9:19 am, Morac <morac99-fire...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> The Leak Monitor add-on is fairly good at weeding out leaks.

I installed that extension in FF 3.7 + Firebug 1.55a22pre. I opened
gmail and reloaded the page. After that was complete, I opened a new
tab and closed the gmail tab.

I got a lot of pop up alerts. Some were empty, some had stuff. Some
with stuff listed "window" as leaked; some listed elements.

Now what? I did not see anything that helped me find a problem.

jjb

johnjbarton

Aug 28, 2009, 1:10:54 PM8/28/09
to Firebug
The CPU part of this issue has been fixed and the fix will be in
Firebug 1.5a22. gmail.com load times reduced from ~90sec to ~7sec.
Details in the blog post update, the issue reference in the blog post,
and the bugzilla bug referenced in the issue.
jjb