New Firebug Wiki

John J Barton

Oct 22, 2009, 1:25:30 AM10/22/09
to Firebug

toonetown

Oct 22, 2009, 12:40:25 PM10/22/09
to Firebug
Now that it's to beta status (and it's pretty rock-solid from what I
can tell), are there going to be versions without tracing enabled
available soon?

-Nathan

John J Barton

Oct 22, 2009, 12:46:11 PM10/22/09
to Firebug
Depending on what 'soon' means I guess. In a few weeks. detrace
doubles the testing time and causes error messages from users to have
line numbers that don't match our source. We'll put out some betas
without detrace before the final version, but not just yet.

jjb

> -Nathan

woomla

Oct 23, 2009, 3:57:16 AM10/23/09
to Firebug
Nice work!

Is there any change to have information how Firebug internally works?

I'm looking for information about what the xul files do?
How are panels created?
How does debugging work?
How to write a firebug extension?
How to use FBTrace?
etc.

Maybe the information already exists, then there could be links
included in the wiki?

wo

On 22 okt, 07:25, John J Barton <johnjbar...@johnjbarton.com> wrote:
> http://blog.getfirebug.com/2009/10/21/new-firebug-wiki/
> jjb

Mike Ratcliffe

Oct 23, 2009, 4:32:20 AM10/23/09
to Firebug
The best place to learn about this is Honza's site:
http://www.softwareishard.com/blog/category/firebug/
http://www.softwareishard.com/blog/firebug-tutorial/extending-firebug-hello-world-part-i/

The extension development stuff explains a lot and the main Firebug
section is useful too.

John J Barton

Oct 23, 2009, 2:41:02 PM10/23/09
to Firebug