Event Listener View for Firebug

John J Barton

Oct 30, 2009, 1:20:38 PM10/30/09
to Firebug
Please help us build the case for Firefox 3.6 to include support for
event listener views in Firebug.The code is now in Firefox 3.7a. We
want to get it into Firefox 3.6b2. By trying it and reporting back we
reduce the risk and increase the chances of getting this important new
feature this year.

More info in the blog post.
http://blog.getfirebug.com/2009/10/30/event-listener-view-for-firebug/

jjb

EugeneZ

Oct 30, 2009, 3:19:05 PM10/30/09
to Firebug
Looks good to me. Heck, if this doesn't make 3.6, it'd make it worth
using 3.7a for this. Thanks, great feature.

The thing is, my site uses MooTools, which wraps the native event
handlers, so ALL of the fxn links in the Event panel go to the
mootools event. This appears to also be the case for jQuery and should
be the case for any library that uses a generic "delegator" that is
always registered to addEventListener, etc

Not sure that there's anything Firebug can or even should do about
that, though. It's still quite useful.

mofle

Oct 30, 2009, 4:57:56 PM10/30/09
to Firebug
Vote for EugeneZ idea. It would be great with some kind of support for
these kind of frameworks.

John J Barton

Oct 30, 2009, 5:24:50 PM10/30/09
to Firebug

On Oct 30, 12:19 pm, EugeneZ <eugene....@gmail.com> wrote:
> Looks good to me. Heck, if this doesn't make 3.6, it'd make it worth
> using 3.7a for this. Thanks, great feature.
>
> The thing is, my site uses MooTools, which wraps the native event
> handlers, so ALL of the fxn links in the Event panel go to the
> mootools event. This appears to also be the case for jQuery and should
> be the case for any library that uses a generic "delegator" that is
> always registered to addEventListener, etc
>
> Not sure that there's anything Firebug can or even should do about
> that, though. It's still quite useful.

Are these patterns closures? If you create a small but complete test
case and post to the issues list I can use it to see what we can do.
jjb

Steven Roussey

Nov 4, 2009, 4:48:19 PM11/4/09
to Firebug
Go to http://www.extjs.com/deploy/dev/examples/menu/menus.html

When you look at all the event listeners, you will see that they all
point to the same function.

-s

EugeneZ

Nov 6, 2009, 4:12:30 PM11/6/09