Firebug 1.5a22

John J Barton

Aug 28, 2009, 9:09:30 PM8/28/09
to Firebug

Steven Roussey

Aug 28, 2009, 10:02:50 PM8/28/09
to Firebug
Great job! So happy to have the CSS and HTML panels working like they
should! I'm doing lots of CSS debugging, and it is a clear help. :)

Screwtape

Aug 29, 2009, 2:42:48 AM8/29/09
to Firebug
On Aug 29, 11:09 am, John J Barton <johnjbar...@johnjbarton.com>
wrote:
Further to my previous message (which doesn't seem to have made it to
the Google Groups web interface yet, I can reproduce the crash in a
new profile as follows:

1. Create a new profile using the Firefox 3.6a2pre build I mentioned
before
2. Install Firebug 1.5a22
3. Restart Firefox as directed
4. Once you get back to the homepage, open Firebug, click the Script
tab, click the menu button, then select Enable.

Expected result:
Script tab is enabled.

Actual result: Firefox window vanishes; the terminal merely displays
"Segmentation Fault".

Screwtape

Aug 29, 2009, 2:21:18 AM8/29/09
to Firebug
On Aug 29, 11:09 am, John J Barton <johnjbar...@johnjbarton.com>
wrote:
I upgraded from Firebug 1.5a21 to 1.5a22 today when Firefox's Add-ons
Manager prompted me, then clicked Restart, and Firefox shut down and
did not re-appear. When I run Firefox from a terminal, it says
"Segmentation fault". If I start Firefox in safe mode and disable
Firebug then restart, Firefox works fine until I enable Firebug and
restart again. I'm currently using a 3.6 nightly build on Ubuntu Linux
9.04:

Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux x86_64; en-US; rv:1.9.2a2pre) Gecko/
20090828 Namoroka/3.6a2pre

This is on a computer I only got earlier this week, so the profile is
still pretty fresh.

johnjbarton

Aug 29, 2009, 11:33:27 AM8/29/09
to Firebug

On Aug 28, 11:21 pm, Screwtape <thrist...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Aug 29, 11:09 am, John J Barton <johnjbar...@johnjbarton.com>
> wrote:
>
> > New release should be up soon:http://blog.getfirebug.com/2009/08/28/firebug-1-5a22/
>
> I upgraded from Firebug 1.5a21 to 1.5a22 today when Firefox's Add-ons
> Manager prompted me, then clicked Restart, and Firefox shut down and
> did not re-appear. When I run Firefox from  a terminal, it says
> "Segmentation fault". If I start Firefox in safe mode and disable
> Firebug then restart, Firefox works fine until I enable Firebug and
> restart again. I'm currently using a 3.6 nightly build on Ubuntu Linux
> 9.04:
>
> Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux x86_64; en-US; rv:1.9.2a2pre) Gecko/
> 20090828 Namoroka/3.6a2pre

Please report this problem to Firefox developers, eg via
bugzilla.mozilla.org.
If the crash reporter dialog came, please post the corresponding URL
from 'about:crashes'.

jjb