Firebug enabled when opening a new blank tab

1 view

Will Rogers

Jun 21, 2007, 11:22:47 AM6/21/07
to Firebug
I have Firebug disabled for all pages. When I open a new tab with CTRL-
T, Firebug is enabled on this new (blank) tab. As soon as I load some
content in the new tab, Firebug disables itself again. This behavior
is annoying because it creates a noticeable delay between hitting CTRL-
T and the new tab opening, presumably because Firebug is enabling
itself. Is this a bug? Any chance of it changing so Firebug stays
disabled when opening new tabs?

Thanks,

- Will

John J Barton

Jun 22, 2007, 1:14:40 AM6/22/07
to Firebug
Yes, this looks like a bug. Please consider adding it to the issues
list.
Thanks,
John

Will Rogers

Jun 22, 2007, 10:35:11 AM6/22/07
to Firebug
On Jun 22, 1:14 am, John J Barton <johnjbar...@johnjbarton.com> wrote:
> Yes, this looks like a bug. Please consider adding it to the issues
> list.

Thanks, John. I reported it, but then afterward noticed it had already
been reported... ugh. Hope this gets addressed soon, it's a huge
annoyance, enough that I completely uninstall Firebug when I'm not
doing web development.

http://code.google.com/p/fbug/issues/detail?id=226 (new duplicate
issue, needs closing)
http://code.google.com/p/fbug/issues/detail?id=69 (*real* issue)