Firebug 1.10.5

Jan Honza Odvarko

Oct 26, 2012, 2:03:33 AM10/26/12
to Firebug

Sebastian Zartner

Oct 27, 2012, 7:29:57 PM10/27/12
to fir...@googlegroups.com
Hm, actually I have to disable/enable Firebug now each time I start the browser to make it working again...
Does that also happen on a new profile?

Oh, it looks like I can still access it from the right click menu, but I can seem to put the icon back in the browser toolbar...
Did you try it via the Customize Toolbar dialog?

Sebastian

Chase

Oct 27, 2012, 8:56:03 PM10/27/12
to fir...@googlegroups.com
I just wanted to say I have the same problem with Firebug after an auto-update (I'm pretty sure only Firebug was updated, as I remember having Firefox 15 previously. However, I may have had 15.0 before, and it could have just updated to 15.0.1, I'm not entirely sure). I'm using Firefox 15.0.1 Canonical (on Ubuntu 12.04, 64-bit).
Firebug doesn't show up when I start Firefox, and I have to disable/enable it to be able to use F12/right click menu/Navigation bar icon. The first time I disabled & re-enabled I had to get the Nav bar icon from the Customize menu, and now it shows up when I disable/enable.
I also created a fresh profile to test it out, with only Firebug installed, and it does the same thing. If there's anything else I could do to help I'd be glad to.

Sebastian Zartner

Oct 29, 2012, 3:05:12 AM10/29/12
to fir...@googlegroups.com
There's another thread mentioning the same problem. There it seems Firebug 1.11a5 fixed the problem. Could you please try that version and let us know if it works for you, too?

Also please note that Firefox 15 is not up-to-date anymore. The current version is 16.0.2.
Furthermore I want to say that I can't reproduce that issue on my FF 16.0.2 (fresh profile) + FB 1.10.5 on Win7.

Sebastian

Dylan Barrell

Oct 29, 2012, 10:07:36 AM10/29/12
to fir...@googlegroups.com
I have the same problem with Firefox 15

On Friday, October 26, 2012 7:25:29 PM UTC-4, spoonium wrote:
Hm, actually I have to disable/enable Firebug now each time I start the browser to make it working again...

On Friday, October 26, 2012 8:03:40 AM UTC+2, Jan Honza Odvarko wrote:
https://blog.getfirebug.com/2012/10/25/firebug-1-10-5/

Honza

spoonium

Oct 30, 2012, 9:38:06 AM10/30/12
to fir...@googlegroups.com
Updating my (portable) FF15 to 16.0.2 helped, Firebug is now showing up again.
I have disabled automatic updates for this installation, since I use this for development, for which I don't want it to constantly update and possibly break existing addons (that, and automatic updates don't work anyway for the portable version).

Also, the linked Firebug v1.11a5 cannot be installed on FF15 by default, so you'd have to upgrade to FF16 anyway to try that. But it seems to be working with 1.10.5 as well now (I simply copied over the profile, so no changes there).

Sebastian Zartner

Oct 30, 2012, 9:42:47 AM10/30/12
to fir...@googlegroups.com
Updating my (portable) FF15 to 16.0.2 helped, Firebug is now showing up again.
Obviously the bug is just occurring on FF 15. See also issue 6043.

Sebastian

Jan Honza Odvarko

Oct 31, 2012, 9:54:59 AM10/31/12
to Firebug
I have created a test Firebug build that should fix the problem
http://code.google.com/p/fbug/issues/detail?id=6043#c6

Could you please test it and let us know if it works for you?

Honza