Firebug refuses to work with Mozilla Nightly 8.0a1

alexandis

Jul 7, 2011, 7:51:58 AM7/7/11
to Firebug
I'd prefer to use Nightly - I want to use 64bit browser. As far as I
can see, Aurora is 32bit.

And now I have problem with Nightly 8.0a1: even Compatibility Reporter
does not help to run FireBug and most of other plugins I have... Does
it mean that all other ways will also fail and I just need to wait for
compatible version to appear?

alexandis

Jul 7, 2011, 8:02:03 AM7/7/11
to Firebug
Add-on: changing max version to something like 9.0a1 did not help:
Firebug dialog is not opened when clicking on its icon on browser
bottom bar

Jan Honza Odvarko

Jul 7, 2011, 9:15:49 AM7/7/11
to Firebug
A patch is is already committed into 1.8 branch, will be in Firebug
1.8b6
For now you need to download source from SVN and build yourself (=
just type ant into your command line, withing branches/firebug1.8
directory)

Honza

alexandis

Jul 11, 2011, 10:51:31 AM7/11/11
to Firebug
Uhm... I downloaded Ant and took a look at install instruction...
Well... I am not too lazy, but I'd better wait couple of days for next
Firebug version :-D

I have noticed that xpi looked like an ordinal zip. I have tried to
just replace newer files from SVN -> exracted XPI, but this didn't
work :( So, I will just wait :) Anyway, thanks for reply!

Jan Honza Odvarko

Jul 11, 2011, 1:39:29 PM7/11/11
to Firebug

On Jul 11, 4:51 pm, alexandis <alexan...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Uhm... I downloaded Ant and took a look at install instruction...
> Well... I am not too lazy, but I'd better wait couple of days for next
> Firebug version :-D
What exact install documentation did you read? Perhaps we could
improve it so, it more understandable (could be also useful for
others).

> I have noticed that xpi looked like an ordinal zip.
Yes, xpi is just a zipped file.
Honza

nero

Jul 11, 2011, 11:34:48 AM7/11/11
to Firebug
Any chance we can get instructions on how to grab it from SVN and
build it?

Working with FF after months with Nightly is killing me :)

nero

Jul 11, 2011, 1:46:17 PM7/11/11
to Firebug
Well I've gotten as far as checking it out vía SVN and getting Ant
configured...but getting this:

"Unable to locate tools.jar. Expected to find it in c:\jdk\lib
\tools.jar"

Quite a learning experience :)

Nero

Jul 11, 2011, 1:52:23 PM7/11/11
to Firebug
Ok...all sorted!

Works like a charm in Aurora

alexandis

Jul 12, 2011, 4:53:24 AM7/12/11
to Firebug
Just reinstalled Nightly with erasing all settings and installed all
plugins again. Amongst them, Firebug 1.8.0b5 works also. Thanks all.