Firebug Lite 1.3 alpha version was just released!

1 view

Pedro Simonetti Garcia

Dec 31, 2009, 5:00:48 AM12/31/09
to fir...@googlegroups.com, firebug-wo...@googlegroups.com
We're pleased to announce that a new Firebug Lite 1.3 alpha version was just released!

Happy New Year!

regards,

Pedro Simonetti.

PS.: I'll be out a few days, so the complete "what to test" instructions will come next year.

Les

Dec 31, 2009, 10:28:04 AM12/31/09
to Firebug
Looks good, but I'm getting an error in IE7:

Line: 1844
Char: 30
Error: Can't move focus to the control because it is invisible, not
enabled, or of a type that does not accept the focus.
Code: 0

There's no error in Google Chrome.

Les

Dec 31, 2009, 11:43:21 AM12/31/09
to Firebug
Also, it appears there's no way to change the size of the console.
This feature was available in the prev release.

Pedro Simonetti Garcia

Dec 31, 2009, 12:54:09 PM12/31/09
to fir...@googlegroups.com
Hi Les,

Thanks for the feedback. I cannot reproduce this error in IE7.
Can you describe the steps to reproduce it? If so, please
report a new issue:

About the large command line, you're right, it is missing.
That's why it is an alpha version, there are still some small
things missing.

I'll take a look at those issues when I get a change.

regards,

Pedro Simonetti.

Pedro Simonetti Garcia

Jan 22, 2010, 8:34:01 PM1/22/10
to fir...@googlegroups.com
Firebug Lite 1.3a5 was released!

This new version includes:
  - XHR requests watcher
  - large command line
  - fixed the problem with some pages when loading
    Firebug Lite via bookmarlet in IE (issue 2657)
  - added the "windowless mode" that allows Firebug Lite
    run via bookmarlet even when is not possible to create
    an iframe to the User Interface
  - and lots of fixes.

For a complete list of changes, check the changelog:

I have completed the documentation for this alpha release:

Also, I added a little warning in the Firebug Lite page,
so people visiting the page will be notified about the
new alpha release:

Stay tuned because the next release will include
one of the most wanted features for Firebug Lite:
live editing of styles, with cascading and inheritance
visualization, autocomplete, increment with up/down
page up/page down, just like Firebug! Yay!

regards,

Pedro Simonetti.