Firebug 1.10.4

Jan Honza Odvarko

Oct 10, 2012, 2:11:33 AM10/10/12
to Firebug

Jan Honza Odvarko

Oct 10, 2012, 10:45:26 AM10/10/12
to Firebug
I can't reproduce the problem.

Here is what I am doing:

1) Load https://getfirebug.com/
2) Open Firebug (F12)
3) Right click (or middle click) on Documentation link at the top of
the page.
4) Pick "Open Link in New Tab"
5) The tab is properly opened.

Can you install Firebug into a new Firefox profile and check again?
https://getfirebug.com/wiki/index.php/Install_Firebug_into_a_clean_profile

Does it help?

Honza

On Oct 10, 4:31 pm, Tim Dickson <dickson....@googlemail.com> wrote:
> unfortunately with firefox 16.0 firebug causes the right-click menu to stop
> working properly. you can no long open links in new pages or tabs, bookmark
> pages, view source etc. The only (right-click) menu items that work are
> select-all and firebug.this is a rather serious side-affect.
>

> On Wednesday, October 10, 2012 7:11:40 AM UTC+1, Jan Honza Odvarko wrote:
>
> >https://blog.getfirebug.com/2012/10/09/firebug-1-10-4/
>
> > Honza

Tim Dickson

Oct 10, 2012, 11:04:25 AM10/10/12
to fir...@googlegroups.com
I have found that uninstalling firebug entirely, restarting firefox, and reinstalling firebug (in the same profile) fixes the problem.
I can only assume that the firefox upgrade from 15.1 to 16.0, or the firebug upgrade to the current version caused some sort of corruption.

Jan Honza Odvarko

Oct 10, 2012, 11:11:41 AM10/10/12
to Firebug
I believe that just 'restarting Firefox' should be enough.

Honza

Tim Dickson

Oct 10, 2012, 11:28:17 AM10/10/12
to fir...@googlegroups.com
I have done a test, installing current firebug on firefox 15.1, then upgrading firefox to 16.0 and right-click behaviour stays as it should.
I then tested to see if the problem was with the firebug 10.1.3 to 10.1.4 update.
i installed firebug 10.1.3 on firefox 16.0 then updated it to firebug 10.1.4 and this creates the problem reported. It appears to be repeatable.
if you could confirm this, thanks.

Tim Dickson

Oct 10, 2012, 11:31:48 AM10/10/12
to fir...@googlegroups.com
you appear to be correct. just restarting firefox seems to fix the problem. - tested on two PCs

Jan Honza Odvarko

Oct 10, 2012, 11:35:53 AM10/10/12
to Firebug
On Oct 10, 5:31 pm, Tim Dickson <dickson....@googlemail.com> wrote:
> you appear to be correct. just restarting firefox seems to fix the problem.
> - tested on two PCs
Thanks for the analysis!
Honza

Siemova

Oct 10, 2012, 7:18:40 PM10/10/12
to fir...@googlegroups.com
I use the Menu Editor add-on to rearrange/disable Firefox menu items. One of the first changes I made was to place the "Inspect Element With Firebug" item first in the context menu, because I use it so often. With Firebug 1.10.3 and 1.10.4, this no longer persists across Firefox sessions. If I restart Firefox, "Inspect Element With Firebug" will go back to the bottom of the context menu. Can something be done to prevent this, or have architectural decisions made it unavoidable?

Thanks,
Siemova

Sebastian Zartner

Oct 12, 2012, 4:08:16 AM10/12/12
to fir...@googlegroups.com
For some reason FireBug disappears fully from my popup window.
We are aware of that. This is a bug in Firefox but we already have a fix for that in issue 5949.

Sebastian

Jan Honza Odvarko

Oct 12, 2012, 6:54:44 AM10/12/12
to Firebug
On Oct 12, 10:13 am, Johan <eentotenmetd...@gmail.com> wrote:
> The link to bug 5783 in the blog post is wrong.
>
> Is: h5783ttp://code.google.com/p/fbug/issues/detail?id=
> Should be:http://code.google.com/p/fbug/issues/detail?id=5783
Thanks, fixed.
(can take some time to get through caches)

Honza

Sebastian Zartner

Oct 15, 2012, 11:16:54 AM10/15/12
to fir...@googlegroups.com
Hi Siemova,

I just checked this by creating a new Firefox profile (16.0.1) and installing Firebug 1.10.4 and Menu Editor 1.2.7 on it on WinXP. And it was working fine for me. After moving the context menu entry Inspect Element With Firebug up and restarting the browser it was still at the position I moved it to.
If it's still not working for you, try to disable and re-enable Firebug and then move the menu entry again.

Sebastian

Siemova

Oct 16, 2012, 11:40:11 AM10/16/12
to fir...@googlegroups.com
Thanks, Sebastian. Disabling and re-enabling Firebug, then repositioning the menu item, with a browser restart between each step (at least one seemed to be required for the change to "stick", so I decided to play it safe), seemed to clear up the issue. No clean profile required.

- Siemova