Where to download Firebug for FF3

djensen47

Jun 17, 2008, 3:19:29 PM6/17/08
to Firebug
It looks like Firebug 1.2 is supposed to be compatible with FF3. Now
the question is, from where can I download it?

When I go to http://getfirebug.com/releases/ I get errors when I try
to install Firebug.

John J Barton

Jun 17, 2008, 3:26:41 PM6/17/08
to Firebug
getfirebug.com is back but the content is old. It will be while before
it is updated.

On Jun 17, 12:19 pm, djensen47 <djense...@gmail.com> wrote:
> It looks like Firebug 1.2 is supposed to be compatible with FF3. Now
> the question is, from where can I download it?
>
> When I go tohttp://getfirebug.com/releases/I get errors when I try
> to install Firebug.

mckoss

Jun 17, 2008, 3:50:58 PM6/17/08
to Firebug
You can go to tools/addons/get addons in FF3 - type Firebug and you'll
be able to download from within Firefox.

Note: all the servers are getting fried today with FF3 release - so
may be best to wait until tomorrow.

On Jun 17, 12:26 pm, John J Barton <johnjbar...@johnjbarton.com>
wrote:
> getfirebug.com is back but the content is old. It will be while before
> it is updated.
>
> On Jun 17, 12:19 pm, djensen47 <djense...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > It looks like Firebug 1.2 is supposed to be compatible with FF3. Now
> > the question is, from where can I download it?
>
> > When I go tohttp://getfirebug.com/releases/Iget errors when I try
> > to install Firebug.

Dave

Jun 17, 2008, 3:28:22 PM6/17/08
to Firebug
It looks like the release folder is forbidden. Don't know why.

On Jun 17, 3:19 pm, djensen47 <djense...@gmail.com> wrote:
> It looks like Firebug 1.2 is supposed to be compatible with FF3. Now
> the question is, from where can I download it?
>
> When I go tohttp://getfirebug.com/releases/I get errors when I try
> to install Firebug.

jptkts

Jun 17, 2008, 3:46:21 PM6/17/08
to Firebug
I was able to download it at:

On Jun 17, 3:19 pm, djensen47 <djense...@gmail.com> wrote:
> It looks like Firebug 1.2 is supposed to be compatible with FF3. Now
> the question is, from where can I download it?
>
> When I go tohttp://getfirebug.com/releases/I get errors when I try
> to install Firebug.

John

Jun 17, 2008, 6:14:49 PM6/17/08
to Firebug
I had to uninstall Firebug 1.2 before FF 3 would see the new version.
> > > When I go tohttp://getfirebug.com/releases/Igeterrors when I try
> > > to install Firebug.

dunc85

Jun 18, 2008, 4:36:14 AM6/18/08
to Firebug
That link doesn't work, I get an invalid file has error.

On Jun 17, 8:46 pm, jptkts <jpt...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I was able to download it at:

> On Jun 17, 3:19 pm, djensen47 <djense...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > It looks like Firebug 1.2 is supposed to be compatible with FF3. Now
> > the question is, from where can I download it?
>
> > When I go tohttp://getfirebug.com/releases/Iget errors when I try
> > to install Firebug.

PolloFrito

Jun 18, 2008, 4:37:54 AM6/18/08
to Firebug
OK - I've been trying to install Firebug for the past 30 minutes and I
can't get it... I keep getting a dialogue with the following text:

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/downloads/file/30423/firebug-1.2.0b3-fx.xpi

because: Invalid file hash (possible download corruption)
-261</blockquote>

Any clues anyone? Firebug. 1.05 uninstalled and the only other
extensions installed are:

British English Dictionary
Delicious Bookmarks
Tamper Data
Web Developer
and a broken (disabled) Zend Studio Toolbar

Firebug has been an invaluable tool since I discovered it 6 months ago
and I really can't live without it. Please help!

Cheers,

Matt

PolloFrito

Jun 18, 2008, 4:58:47 AM6/18/08
to Firebug
I have tried to install this wonderful addon today, but am getting
stumped at every turn...

Every time I try to install I receive the following text in an error
dialogue...

Firefox could not install the file at

https://addons.mozilla.org/downloads/file/30423/firebug-1.2.0b3-fx.xpi

because: Invalid file hash (possible download corruption)
-261

Any clues anyone?

On Jun 17, 11:14 pm, John <John.H.Lip...@gmail.com> wrote:
> [...]

kAlvaro

Jun 18, 2008, 6:04:15 AM6/18/08
to Firebug
On 17 jun, 21:26, John J Barton <johnjbar...@johnjbarton.com> wrote:
> getfirebug.com is back but the content is old. It will be while before
> it is updated.

Just a suggestion... I'd say the "Downloads" section in Google Code is
a natural place to keep a copy of the releases:

http://code.google.com/p/fbug/downloads/list

I had upgraded to Firefox 3 so I couldn't use the extension until I
got the latest release but addons.mozilla.org almost drives me crazy.
Yesterday, it was down. Today, a search for "Firebug" claimed to
return 14 results but only displayed 4, none of them were the actual
Firebug. The direct link displayed the page of the extension but the
download was corrupted. Right now, it seems to be working at last.

Martin

Jun 18, 2008, 3:31:30 AM6/18/08
to Firebug
i'm getting an error.. (checksum incorrect)
seems like the download is corrupt :(

PolloFrito

Jun 18, 2008, 4:39:25 AM6/18/08
to Firebug
Sorry - if that came directly to you John - first time posting to
google groups - I will try with the New Post link...