Firebug 1.7a10

Honza (Jan Odvarko)

Feb 11, 2011, 7:59:40 AM2/11/11
to Firebug

spanishgringo

Feb 11, 2011, 10:29:47 AM2/11/11
to fir...@googlegroups.com
I am getting a problem with 1.7a10 with ff4b11 where the following happens:
  1. Does not remember my previous tabs on restart and I start on a blank page (although I have speed dial extension enabled)
  2. The top bar chrome is messed up
As soon as I disable firebug in the add-ons tab, everything goes back to normal.

firebug1.7a10.-chromeerror.png

John J Barton

Feb 11, 2011, 10:37:26 AM2/11/11
to Firebug
Neither of these problems are likely related to Firebug.

jjb

On Feb 11, 7:29 am, spanishgringo <freeman...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I am getting a problem with 1.7a10 with ff4b11 where the following happens:
>
>    1. Does not remember my previous tabs on restart and I start on a blank
>    page (although I have speed dial extension enabled)
>    2. The top bar chrome is messed up
>
> As soon as I disable firebug in the add-ons tab, everything goes back to
> normal.
>
>  firebug1.7a10.-chromeerror.png
> 23KViewDownload

Siemova

Feb 11, 2011, 10:49:09 AM2/11/11
to Firebug
Sorry to say, it's definitely Firebug. The problem also occurred for
me (Firefox 4.0b11 under Windows XP) immediately after installing
1.7a10. I then started Firefox in safe mode, disabled all add-ons, and
re-enabled only Firebug; the problem persisted. Disabling Firebug
fixes the issue.

- JLM

On Feb 11, 10:37 am, John J Barton <johnjbar...@johnjbarton.com>

Jean Blanchard

Feb 11, 2011, 11:11:12 AM2/11/11
to Firebug
I can confirm that the issue occurs even on a new profile (Mozilla/5.0
(Windows NT 5.1; rv:2.0b12pre) Gecko/20110211 Firefox/4.0b12pre ID:
20110211030400) after installing Firebug 1.7a10. Everything is fine
again after disabling Firebug.

Honza (Jan Odvarko)

Feb 11, 2011, 11:21:04 AM2/11/11
to Firebug
Does the problem appear if you go back to Firebug 1.7a9 ?
Honza

Jean Blanchard

Feb 11, 2011, 11:38:03 AM2/11/11
to Firebug
No problem after downgrading.

Thomas

Feb 11, 2011, 11:38:48 AM2/11/11
to fir...@googlegroups.com

Hi,

Thanks for this new release.

I noticed two visuals regressions on Mac OS X 10.6.6 + Minefield.

First, the Firebug button is now bigger (+ a bigger margin-left?) than default buttons: http://cl.ly/0W0l1J2J0c3A420R2Y2p

Then, the context menu item is kind of broken :)
http://cl.ly/1b2g2e1J1o1v3o1Z2c0j
http://cl.ly/3c2j3K0l2Y2M3u461025

Should I create bugs in bugzilla?

long su

Feb 11, 2011, 11:36:21 AM2/11/11
to Firebug
On the latest Minefield 4.0b12pre (2011-02-11) Firebug 1.7a9 is still
working fine. I can confirm the aforementioned problems when using
1.7.a10.

Honza (Jan Odvarko)

Feb 11, 2011, 11:56:56 AM2/11/11
to Firebug

On Feb 11, 5:38 pm, Jean Blanchard <jean.blanch...@gmail.com> wrote:
> No problem after downgrading.
Please create a new issue so it's not forgotten here
http://code.google.com/p/fbug/issues/list?start=0

And I'll fix it
Honza

Harutyun Amirjanyan

Feb 11, 2011, 11:59:54 AM2/11/11
to fir...@googlegroups.com
this is same as Issue 4012:

Honza (Jan Odvarko)

Feb 11, 2011, 1:16:51 PM2/11/11
to Firebug
Ah thanks! I knew there was a report but culdn't find it.
Honza

Steven Roussey

Feb 11, 2011, 1:35:02 PM2/11/11
to fir...@googlegroups.com
The bigger margin-left is on purpose to put the error number count. Honza: what happens if someone turns off the error count reporting? Do we release that spacing? (Too bad we can overlay the bottom edge instead of the left).

Please make two new reports at http://code.google.com/p/fbug/issues/list?start=0

 - size issue
 - context menu issue (verify that disabling Firebug restores TextMate's menu to normal, it might be their issue)

-steve--
http://www.illuminations-for-developers.com/

darth-...@gmx.de

Feb 11, 2011, 3:22:48 PM2/11/11
to Firebug
Thanks for this wonderful release, works great on W7 with current FF
nightly, time to go beta! :)

On 11 Feb., 07:59, "Honza (Jan Odvarko)" <odva...@gmail.com> wrote:
> http://blog.getfirebug.com/2011/02/11/firebug-1-7a10/
> Honza

Stephen

Feb 11, 2011, 3:21:49 PM2/11/11
to Firebug
I can second this. I didn't know firebug had updated itself and spent
several minutes wondering if I was crazy or if Firefox 4 really had a
very confusing double window bar on top. Firebug also wouldn't come up
either in the existing window, or a new window. It also messes up lots
of other stuff, for example after figuring out that it was firebug (by
restarting with add ons disabled and then experimenting) I tried to
download Firebug 1.7a9 to go back to a working environment and
couldn't download it. Clicking the link did nothing....

Stephen

John J Barton

Feb 11, 2011, 4:53:04 PM2/11/11
to Firebug
Please let us know if anyone sees this problem on an operating system
other than WinXP.
Thanks,
jjb

Jon Randy

Feb 11, 2011, 11:56:35 PM2/11/11
to Firebug
I get the same problem on XP with Firefox Beta 11 and firebug1.7a10

On Feb 11, 10:29 pm, spanishgringo <freeman...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I am getting a problem with 1.7a10 with ff4b11 where the following happens:
>
>    1. Does not remember my previous tabs on restart and I start on a blank
>    page (although I have speed dial extension enabled)
>    2. The top bar chrome is messed up
>
> As soon as I disable firebug in the add-ons tab, everything goes back to
> normal.
>
>  firebug1.7a10.-chromeerror.png
> 23KViewDownload

Jens

Feb 13, 2011, 12:24:42 PM2/13/11
to Firebug
Can confirm the error too. And when I click add-ons in Firefox nothing
happens. So i'm not able to disable any add-on.

Using XP with Firefox Beta 11 and firebug1.7a10

John J Barton

Feb 13, 2011, 12:30:00 PM2/13/11
to Firebug
We know the problem here and how to fix it.

Until then you may have to use Firefox safe mode to uninstall 1.7a10
to go back to 1.7a9.

This Firefox bug only affects Windows XP; we rely on Firefox for cross
OS support; no on one using the Firebug source directly seems to be
using XP.

jjb

dmccunney

Feb 13, 2011, 12:51:45 PM2/13/11
to fir...@googlegroups.com
On Sun, Feb 13, 2011 at 12:24 PM, Jens <goo...@lienet.de> wrote:
> Can confirm the error too. And when I click add-ons in Firefox nothing
> happens. So i'm not able to disable any add-on.

You can disable all add-ons by starting Firefox in safe mode, with
"firefox.exe -safe-mode" I have a testing shortcut for that purpose
to handle cases like this. Started in safe mode, you should be able
to get to Addons manager and mark Firebug for removal. When you
restart normally, Firebug will be gone and you can downgrade to 1.7a9
_____
Dennis

Snekemoa

Feb 14, 2011, 3:37:27 AM2/14/11
to fir...@googlegroups.com
Same for me. I disabled Firebug and I have no trouble anymore.
Lot of FFX funtionnalities are not working anymore with Firebug latest version.
ie : UI is exploded, it's hard to change tabs on top value, I can' access my history and so on...

Snekemoa

Feb 14, 2011, 3:38:47 AM2/14/11
to fir...@googlegroups.com
Right under XP ! Thanks a lot for you awesome work !

Jean Blanchard

Feb 14, 2011, 5:26:58 AM2/14/11
to Firebug
For the record : you actually don't need to use the safe mode to
disable firebug : the Addons menu indeed doesn't work, but you can
still open about:addons

JB

Feb 15, 2011, 4:45:59 AM2/15/11
to Firebug
Or if you open a new Tab, then the Addon menu works.

Edward Rudd

Feb 15, 2011, 5:17:31 PM2/15/11
to Firebug
FirePHP 0.5.0 no longer works with 1.7a10. (Mac OS X 10.6.6)

Bill Barry

Feb 15, 2011, 5:27:40 PM2/15/11
to fir...@googlegroups.com
Is there a bug report for this item anywhere?
I cannot seem to find it in bmo or in the firebug google code tracker.

Honza (Jan Odvarko)

Feb 15, 2011, 6:47:42 PM2/15/11
to Firebug
http://code.google.com/p/fbug/issues/detail?id=4012

Note that you can workaround the problem by setting
extensions.firebug.addonBarOpened
preference to true.

(till a11 is available later today)

Honza