element.style properties overwrite my css

KenTheGreen

Oct 29, 2007, 1:25:57 PM10/29/07
to Firebug
I have a style for input buttons (called pushbutton). However,
recently it started appearing blank (I've been working on this project
for 2 months).

Using good ol' Firebug, I see that my class property, background-
color, is being overwritten by something called element.style. I
don't see "element.style" overwriting other styled elements, so I
figure I must be doing something wrong. Yet the W3C CSS Validator
says all is OK.

Anyone have any suggestions as to what's going on?

Thanks ahead of time.

unthunk

Oct 31, 2007, 11:44:56 AM10/31/07
to Firebug
element.style indicates styles that are directly assigned to the
element, such as via the style tag (<input style="" />). If you are
not directly setting inline styles on the tag in your html, then they
are probably being assigned via javascript.