Please try Firebug 1.1 on Gran Paradiso (Firefox 3.0)

瀏覽次數:3 次
跳到第一則未讀訊息

John J Barton

未讀,
2007年10月10日 晚上7:36:262007/10/10
收件者:Firebug
In a few months we will all be using Firefox 3.0. Will we be able to
use Firebug? Maybe.

Firebug 1.1 does work on FF 3.0a8 for a few test cases that I have
tried. But I cannot try very many cases, nothing like the variety of
cases that face Firebug users. Firebug uses Firefox in ways that other
tools do not. If we find bugs now we can get them fixed while the FF
developers are working on bugs. After the release, bug fixes will be
very difficult.

Making these tests is easy. The FF3 install does not harm FF2 install
(I run both on multiple machines). The FF2 add-ons like Firebug are
used in FF3 if they are marked as compatible.

Microsoft Windows 2000 or later: http://download.mozilla.org/?product=granparadiso-alpha8&os=win
Mac OS X 10.4 or later:
http://download.mozilla.org/?product=granparadiso-alpha8&os=osx
Linux
http://download.mozilla.org/?product=granparadiso-alpha8&os=linux

Please be clear in posts or issues list what version you are running.
(Firebug 1.0 will not load into FF3).

BobH

未讀,
2007年10月11日 晚上9:11:482007/10/11
收件者:Firebug
I tried this. It did not work out well!

FF2 and FF3 did not run happily together for me on the Windows XP
system. Each time I would go from the one to the other it would run
the add-on checks, display the new installation page, and apparently
change my bookmarks back to an old version.

More significantly, if I ran ran FF2 and then tried to launch FF3 at
the same time I got what appeared to be another instance of FF2!

But of greatest concern was that FB did not work at all well. The
first time I tried it it seemed to work some, but I was back to a bad
version of my earlier problems with not tracking frames. This last
time it did not display anything at all for the most part.

I have removed FF3, and I am hoping FF2 will not turn up with any more
problems.

On Oct 10, 7:36 pm, John J Barton <johnjbar...@johnjbarton.com> wrote:
> In a few months we will all be using Firefox 3.0. Will we be able to
> use Firebug? Maybe.
>
> Firebug 1.1 does work on FF 3.0a8 for a few test cases that I have
> tried. But I cannot try very many cases, nothing like the variety of
> cases that face Firebug users. Firebug uses Firefox in ways that other
> tools do not. If we find bugs now we can get them fixed while the FF
> developers are working on bugs. After the release, bug fixes will be
> very difficult.
>
> Making these tests is easy. The FF3 install does not harm FF2 install
> (I run both on multiple machines). The FF2 add-ons like Firebug are
> used in FF3 if they are marked as compatible.
>
> Microsoft Windows 2000 or later:http://download.mozilla.org/?product=granparadiso-alpha8&os=win
> Mac OS X 10.4 or later:http://download.mozilla.org/?product=granparadiso-alpha8&os=osx

> Linuxhttp://download.mozilla.org/?product=granparadiso-alpha8&os=linux

Asrail

未讀,
2007年10月11日 晚上9:27:582007/10/11
收件者:fir...@googlegroups.com
BobH, 11-10-2007 22:11:

> I tried this. It did not work out well!
>
> FF2 and FF3 did not run happily together for me on the Windows XP
> system. Each time I would go from the one to the other it would run
> the add-on checks, display the new installation page, and apparently
> change my bookmarks back to an old version.

You shouldn't use your production profile with FF3...

The installations work fine together, but you should use a different
profile.

> More significantly, if I ran ran FF2 and then tried to launch FF3 at
> the same time I got what appeared to be another instance of FF2!

Yes, the profile is only one, so it is already being used.
Please, try with a new profile for FF3.

BobH

未讀,
2007年10月11日 晚上10:33:582007/10/11
收件者:Firebug
I know how to change profiles in some of the others, but not Firefox.
How do you change the one you are using, and in fact how do your
create them in FF?

Asrail

未讀,
2007年10月11日 晚上10:40:402007/10/11
收件者:fir...@googlegroups.com
BobH, 11-10-2007 23:33:

> I know how to change profiles in some of the others, but not Firefox.
> How do you change the one you are using, and in fact how do your
> create them in FF?

1 - Open the profile manager
1.a) Start menu --> Run --> firefox -P
1.b) Edit some Firefox shortcut and add a '-P' at the end of the
command (I can't explain much since I'm on Linux right now)

With the profile manager is easier to create and use profiles.

John J Barton

未讀,
2007年10月12日 凌晨2:07:562007/10/12
收件者:Firebug
Ah, sorry I mislead you. Both FF2 and FF3 can be installed on the same
machine but not -- as you discovered -- run at the same time.

Reporting firebug bugs on FF3 is a bonus, but what we really need is
for folks to do just what you did: fire up FF3 and try some stuff.
If it crashes then we need to work on test cases so the crashes are
fixed.

回覆所有人
回覆作者
轉寄