Feature request: Figuring out event observers

Ron

Aug 22, 2008, 10:18:50 AM8/22/08
to Firebug
Hi,

I was wondering if it is possible with to somehow figure out what
events are being observed by an element. I would think a logical place
would be the dom inspector where all elements will be shown with a
observers object. The object would contain things like: "click":
[function(), function()] and "mouseup": [funcion()]

Ron

ScroogeMcPump

Aug 22, 2008, 1:05:57 PM8/22/08
to Firebug
Inspect the element you're interested in, then select the DOM tab on
the right and make sure "Show User-defined Functions" is checked in
the right pane's Options. Any event listeners registered for the
element should show up at the top of the list in green.

Or, select the DOM tab on the left with that same Option checked and
ALL page-defined JS functions should show up, whether they're used as
event listeners or not. (I mention this because it'd be nice to have
something in between - a "master list" of all elements having
listeners, what they're listening for, and what they do when they hear
it.)