Firebug 1.11 alpha 6

Jan Honza Odvarko

Nov 2, 2012, 1:42:23 PM11/2/12
to Firebug

Fin6

Nov 5, 2012, 6:31:16 AM11/5/12
to fir...@googlegroups.com
The include() feature rocks and works fine. Thanks!

btw: How can I completely clear the history of the command editor?

On Friday, November 2, 2012 6:42:29 PM UTC+1, Jan Honza Odvarko wrote:
https://blog.getfirebug.com/2012/11/02/firebug-1-11-alpha-6/

Honza

Markus Staab

Nov 5, 2012, 7:46:24 AM11/5/12
to fir...@googlegroups.com
great job, firebug devs!

Jan Honza Odvarko

Nov 5, 2012, 8:10:58 AM11/5/12
to Firebug
On Nov 5, 12:31 pm, Fin6 <firebug....@xoxy.net> wrote:
> The include() feature rocks and works fine. Thanks!
Thanks to Florent Fayolle who implemented that!

> btw: How can I completely clear the history of the command editor?
There is no an explicit user action for this, but you can restart
Firefox or just disable/enable Firebug in Add-on Manager.

Why do you need to clear the history?

Honza

Fin6

Nov 5, 2012, 12:50:11 PM11/5/12
to fir...@googlegroups.com
> There is no an explicit user action for this, but you can restart
> Firefox or just disable/enable Firebug in Add-on Manager.

Funny, on my home pc this works just like that. I tried this at work several times but always had the old history items in there. Additionally I remember having read something about "survives browser sessions" or such but I can't find it anymore.
I'll try again tomorrow and report.

>Why do you need to clear the history?
I just find it less confusing having just the important (current) items in there. But it's not a big thing, I mainly asked because I feared the history to get bigger and bigger if it stays alive between browser sessions.

Fin6

Nov 6, 2012, 8:01:53 AM11/6/12
to fir...@googlegroups.com
> I'll try again tomorrow and report.

I checked again and the history is gone. Must have been me or a quirk in my browser.
Sorry for the confusion.

Jan Honza Odvarko

Nov 6, 2012, 8:09:19 AM11/6/12
to Firebug
Thanks for the update!
Honza

Sebastian Zartner

Nov 6, 2012, 8:53:34 AM11/6/12
to fir...@googlegroups.com
I guess your browser was not completely closed when you checked before. We don't preserve the command history yet, though it's been suggested: issue 4276.
Also I suggested earlier to introduce a way to manually clear the command history: issue 5648.

Sebastian

Siemova

Nov 8, 2012, 3:08:49 PM11/8/12
to fir...@googlegroups.com
Thanks, guys! One issue I haven't seen mentioned:

In the Style tab of the HTML sidebar, relative paths in url() values are now apparently treated as relative to the page being viewed rather than the responsible CSS file. This can break Firebug's image tooltip, particularly on nested pages. I just switched from the 1.10 branch, so the issue may have been introduced before 1.11a6.

Oh, also, I reported this some time ago, but it may have slipped through the cracks, being so relatively minor: Under the Computed style tab on a Mac, disclosure triangles for each property group header are always stuck in the "closed" position, regardless of whether the group is expanded or collapsed. Those for properties themselves function as expected.

Thanks,
Siemova

Sebastian Zartner

Nov 9, 2012, 3:01:49 AM11/9/12
to fir...@googlegroups.com
On Thursday, November 8, 2012 9:08:49 PM UTC+1, Siemova wrote:
Thanks, guys! One issue I haven't seen mentioned:

In the Style tab of the HTML sidebar, relative paths in url() values are now apparently treated as relative to the page being viewed rather than the responsible CSS file. This can break Firebug's image tooltip, particularly on nested pages. I just switched from the 1.10 branch, so the issue may have been introduced before 1.11a6.
Could you provide a test case for this?

Oh, also, I reported this some time ago, but it may have slipped through the cracks, being so relatively minor: Under the Computed style tab on a Mac, disclosure triangles for each property group header are always stuck in the "closed" position, regardless of whether the group is expanded or collapsed. Those for properties themselves function as expected.
Thanks for the hint. I fixed that now in https://github.com/firebug/firebug/commit/aec18263ceeddd0d89a54b53298e89f41f0e2523.

Sebastian

Sebastian Zartner

Nov 9, 2012, 3:24:30 AM11/9/12
to fir...@googlegroups.com
On Friday, November 9, 2012 9:01:49 AM UTC+1, Sebastian Zartner wrote:
On Thursday, November 8, 2012 9:08:49 PM UTC+1, Siemova wrote:
Thanks, guys! One issue I haven't seen mentioned:

In the Style tab of the HTML sidebar, relative paths in url() values are now apparently treated as relative to the page being viewed rather than the responsible CSS file. This can break Firebug's image tooltip, particularly on nested pages. I just switched from the 1.10 branch, so the issue may have been introduced before 1.11a6.
Could you provide a test case for this?
Found a test case by my own. Should be fixed within issue 6067.

Sebastian

Siemova

Nov 9, 2012, 11:23:58 AM11/9/12
to fir...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for the quick fixes, Sebastian! Much appreciated.

- Siemova

Sebastian Zartner

Nov 10, 2012, 5:45:08 AM11/10/12
to fir...@googlegroups.com
You're welcome. It would be great, if you could try out the beta version and confirm that they are fixed.

Sebastian

Jason

Nov 12, 2012, 12:36:17 PM11/12/12
to fir...@googlegroups.com