in summary: My browser cache is not getting completely cleaned out in FF or
Chrome, even when pressing Ctrl + F5.
A look at the Network Panel, and sometimes old files hang around, while
Modernizr is the culprit. Perhaps the way in which Modernizr and YepNope
Today’s date is Friday June 29th, Approx. 7pm - 8pm, CST, Huntsville,
1. Reading through *HTML5 Games: Creating Fun with HTML5, CSS3, and WebGL*by Jacob Seidelin.
2. I begin reading at the end of Chapter 8, and the start of Chapter 9.
3. I upload Chapter 8 to the server. (via the FTP client *WinSCP V. 4.3.8*)
4. Open *Firefox 13.0.1*
5. Load *html5.jonathandevelop.com*
6. Press *Ctrl + F5* to clear cache.
7. Press F12 to open *Firebug > Net Panel*.
8. All files have HTTP requests *Status 200 OK*
- Edit local file *display.canvas.js*
- Upload via FTP; Timestamp indicates current time, upload was successful.
- Firebug > Net Panel response:
*Last-Modified: Mon, 18 June 2012 19:46:04 GMT
User-Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:13.0) Gecko/20100101
10. Repeat Steps 1 – 3.
*Last-Modified: Mon, 18 June 2012 19:46:04 GMT*
Keep in mind, I am pressing Ctrl + F5 to refresh the browser window.
*Google Chrome 20.0.1132.47 m*
1. Follow exact same steps as above with Google Chrome.
2. Open html5.jonathandevelop.com
3. Press F12 to open debug panel > Network Tab
4. Press Ctrl + F5 to clear cache and refresh page.
According to the *Size (Content)* Column of the Chrome Debug Panel, some
resources are being loaded (from Cache) while others, which indicate the
file’s size (985KB, 1.08KB, etc.), are new.