Firebug 1.5a7 with Activate Same Origin

John J Barton

Jul 1, 2009, 5:21:31 PM7/1/09
to Firebug
New blog post about Firebug 1.5a7.
http://blog.getfirebug.com/?p=222

One key bit should be of interest to the folks who have issues with
1.4 activation:

This release has one new small feature for users who have sites that
generate unique URLs: “Activate Same Origin”. When this option is on,
all pages with the same “origin” as an active page will be active. So,
for example, if you open Firebug on bar.foo.com, then visiit foo.com
or baz.foo.com, Firebug will be open. (This is close to the same-
origin policy used by the browser). This option will be on by
default.

jjb

whatcould

Jul 2, 2009, 12:12:39 AM7/2/09
to Firebug
YAAAAY! Thank you John -- I actually think this clears up almost all
of the frustration with the new activation scheme -- we just expected
it to be per-domain, and you expected it to be per-url. Now it works
as expected.

(btw, it's not about just some apps that generate "unique" URLs (with
weird query string behavior); any rails app, for instance, has
different IDs in the URL for different resources, different URLs for
different controllers, etc. Most of us work on the whole app at once,
not one particular controller/resource [url].

Now, what about that [x] close button... ;)

david