Firebug 1.7.0

Honza (Jan Odvarko)

Mar 21, 2011, 6:07:05 PM3/21/11
to Firebug

Dekel

Mar 21, 2011, 8:03:11 PM3/21/11
to Firebug
As mentioned here: http://blog.getfirebug.com/2011/02/11/firebug-1-7a10/,
Firebug 1.7 should work also in Firefox 3.6. The released version
doesn't...

The rdf file contains:
<em:minVersion>4.0b12</em:minVersion>
<em:maxVersion>4.0.*</em:maxVersion>

If it should support firefox3.6, please update this.

Thanks!

On Mar 22, 12:07 am, "Honza (Jan Odvarko)" <odva...@gmail.com> wrote:
> http://blog.getfirebug.com/2011/03/21/firebug-1-7-0/

John J Barton

Mar 21, 2011, 8:31:15 PM3/21/11
to Firebug

On Mar 21, 5:03 pm, Dekel <dek...@gmail.com> wrote:
> As mentioned here:http://blog.getfirebug.com/2011/02/11/firebug-1-7a10/,
> Firebug 1.7 should work also in Firefox 3.6. The released version
> doesn't...
>
> The rdf file contains:
>         <em:minVersion>4.0b12</em:minVersion>
>         <em:maxVersion>4.0.*</em:maxVersion>
>
> If it should support firefox3.6, please update this.

Firebug 1.7 works great in Firefox 3.6. However we do not plan to
change the 1.7 minVersion setting on addons.mozilla.org at this time.
Such a change would cause all existing Firefox 3.6 users to update to
1.7.0, but we do not feel that 1.7 has had sufficient testing to auto-
update all users.

Of course this is not the perfect upgrade result. We would have
preferred to have a longer 1.7 beta period so we could have confidence
in 1.7.0 for all users. Unfortunately we had only a few weeks between
the time Firefox 4.0 reached beta quality (b10) and their final
release. (Firefox team plans to avoid repeating the 4.0 approach).
Rather than no Firebug, Firefox 4.0 users will get a Firebug that
works with 4.0, has no known serious bugs, and which has had some beta
testing.

Users on Firefox 3.6 are probably not updating to FF4.0 because they
want to wait for a shakedown period. That is the same reason we should
wait to update them to 1.7.

I expect that 1.7.1b1 will come out on getfirebug.com in a few days
with support for 3.6 and 4.0, with a plan for this version to be the
one we push to 3.6 users.

jjb

Paul Irish

Mar 21, 2011, 9:06:49 PM3/21/11
to Firebug
Congrats on 1.7.0! What a mighty release. :D

dmccunney

Mar 21, 2011, 8:31:30 PM3/21/11
to fir...@googlegroups.com
On Mon, Mar 21, 2011 at 8:03 PM, Dekel <dek...@gmail.com> wrote:
> As mentioned here: http://blog.getfirebug.com/2011/02/11/firebug-1-7a10/,
> Firebug 1.7 should work also in Firefox 3.6. The released version
> doesn't...
>
> The rdf file contains:
>        <em:minVersion>4.0b12</em:minVersion>
>        <em:maxVersion>4.0.*</em:maxVersion>

Out of curiousity, what happens if you extract the RDF file, change
minVersion to 3.6.*, stuff it back into the XPI, and install. It
should then install. Does FB 1.70 work as expected?
_____
Dennis

John J Barton

Mar 22, 2011, 12:41:25 AM3/22/11
to Firebug
Firebug 1.7 is fully supported and tested on Firefox 3.6.

jjb

> _____
> Dennis

Kevin Dangoor

Mar 22, 2011, 9:20:26 AM3/22/11
to fir...@googlegroups.com
Great job on Firebug 1.7! It's an excellent upgrade.

--
Kevin Dangoor
work: http://mozilla.com

On Monday, March 21, 2011 at 6:07 PM, Honza (Jan Odvarko) wrote:

http://blog.getfirebug.com/2011/03/21/firebug-1-7-0/

Steven Roussey

Mar 22, 2011, 2:19:27 PM3/22/11
to fir...@googlegroups.com, Paul Irish
:)

tan

Mar 25, 2011, 3:49:26 PM3/25/11
to Firebug
Congratulations!
Superb upgrade!

Is it just me or is it intentional that systems using OS X has the
Windows graphics for the minimize, open in new window and deactivate
buttons including the twisties ?

Best regards,
Thomas

John J Barton

Mar 25, 2011, 4:08:59 PM3/25/11
to Firebug
Since we don't have Apple Mac, my guess is "not intended, just
happened".

jjb

tan

Mar 28, 2011, 6:44:49 AM3/28/11
to Firebug
@jjb
I filed it as a bug. See: http://code.google.com/p/fbug/issues/detail?id=4295
As I said in the bug post, I have not yet been not able to find what
causes this (or if Mac stylesheets has been abandoned completely)
I would gladly fix this and submit a patch if I/when I know how this
works.

Thomas

On Mar 25, 10:08 pm, John J Barton <johnjbar...@johnjbarton.com>