Feature-request: postMessage (HTML5 Javascript API) analyzer

Pedro

Jun 17, 2010, 11:53:11 AM6/17/10
to Firebug
Hi everyone,

What do you think about implementing a postMessage analyzer, that
would work kind of like the current xmlHttpRequest analyzer?

Eg, it would show each message sent or received within the current
document (sender & receiver info, message sent, status...)

This would be very useful as there will be probably be more and more
of those messages in the near future.

Thanks!

Jan Honza Odvarko

Feb 22, 2013, 2:17:21 AM2/22/13
to fir...@googlegroups.com
Read this Firebug tip:
http://www.softwareishard.com/blog/firebug/firebug-tip-observe-window-postmessage-calls/

Is that enough or could the feature be yet improved?

Honza

On Thursday, February 21, 2013 9:16:05 PM UTC+1, Jacob Quant wrote:
I like this idea and have been looking for a browser extension/add-on to do this but have not found any. Yes, I know it is not hard to add console.log(...) statements to my own code inside of the postMessage handling functions, but I would like to be able to see what messages are being passed when I am viewing a 3rd party website or when I am working on a production build which does not have any console.log calls.

Has anyone considered adding XDM/postMessage logging functionality to FireBug? I don't see any replies to the original post even though its two years old.

-Jacob

Pedro

Apr 28, 2013, 12:04:41 PM4/28/13
to fir...@googlegroups.com
Hi Honza,

Sorry for the late answer, this new feature is exactly what I needed!

Thanks for the help,
Pierre

Jan Honza Odvarko

Apr 29, 2013, 2:38:45 AM4/29/13
to fir...@googlegroups.com
> Sorry for the late answer, this new feature is exactly what I needed!
Excellent!

Honza

descart avel

Nov 13, 2013, 5:47:45 PM11/13/13
to fir...@googlegroups.com
Having it 'browser wide' would make it so much easier to debug when you have nested and/or cross domain iframes.