Firebug 1.8b5

Jan Honza Odvarko

Jul 2, 2011, 1:02:39 AM7/2/11
to Firebug

HelderMagalhaes

Jul 2, 2011, 3:55:13 AM7/2/11
to Firebug
Hi everyone,

> http://blog.getfirebug.com/2011/07/01/firebug-1-8b5/

"Firebug 1.8b4 fixes 23 issues." --> "Firebug 1.8b5 fixes 23
issues." (wrong beta identifier)

Cheers,
Helder

Jan Honza Odvarko

Jul 2, 2011, 6:32:23 AM7/2/11
to Firebug
Ah, thanks, fixed!
(can take some time to go through caches)

Honza

darth-...@gmx.de

Jul 4, 2011, 6:50:26 AM7/4/11
to Firebug
In the previous betas I experienced a memory leak but this seems to be
gone with beta 5. Feels good to be back using 1.8! :D

On Jul 2, 7:02 am, Jan Honza Odvarko <odva...@gmail.com> wrote:
> http://blog.getfirebug.com/2011/07/01/firebug-1-8b5/
>
> Honza

Jan Honza Odvarko

Jul 4, 2011, 6:55:39 AM7/4/11
to Firebug
On Jul 4, 12:50 pm, "darth-nor...@gmx.de" <darth-nor...@gmx.de> wrote:
> In the previous betas I experienced a memory leak but this seems to be
> gone with beta 5. Feels good to be back using 1.8! :D
Great!

Yes, we have fixed one memory-related bug, thanks for the feedback!
Honza

Thomas Keller

Jul 9, 2011, 11:34:50 AM7/9/11
to fir...@googlegroups.com
Is this supposed to work with the new Aurora (FF 7.0a2) builds? Because it is not for me - the "Extras" menu only shows "firebug.Firebug" as menu entry, but no submenu pops up. I cannot acticate FB through the toolbar either.

Thanks for your work and support!
Thomas.

pd

Jul 11, 2011, 5:48:32 AM7/11/11
to Firebug
This version has stopped working on Trunk since the day Aurora 7..0a2
was released. On that day I tried the nightly because I thought I
needed it for the latest memory management fixes. I got the nightly
and it broke Firebug. So I got the Aurora and it was ok. Today I
applied the update for Aurora and it has broken this release.

The primary Firebug UI no longer opens when the status bar icon is
clicked. Menu items in the Tools menu are broken.

So this release got broken by something that was added to the Firefox
trunk/nightlies on or before July the 8th.

joe t.

Jul 11, 2011, 8:59:41 AM7/11/11
to Firebug
The 1.8b5 version linked from the blog came up incompatible with FF 6
beta - even after a second browser restart.

Installed from AMO, and it's now enabled again. Weird.
-joe t.

spanishgringo

Jul 12, 2011, 3:33:21 AM7/12/11
to fir...@googlegroups.com
Same here. Aurora 7a2 (July 11, 2011).  this version of Aurora also broke other extensions such as DownloadHelper.

Long Zheng

Jul 15, 2011, 12:49:36 PM7/15/11
to Firebug
I deleted the "firebug" directory in my profile folder and now Firebug
1.8b5 works in Aurora 7.0a2

cfab

Jul 15, 2011, 6:04:56 PM7/15/11
to Firebug
Just replace version compatibility in isntall.rdf file and FB 1.8b5
will work fine with 7.0a2