If Firebug active @ JavaScript

goo...@cash-daddy.de

Feb 16, 2009, 3:34:16 AM2/16/09
to Firebug
Hi;

is it possible to check if the Firebug is enabled @ javascript?
so like

if( ! firebug.enabled) {
request MyRequest;
}

i didnt have an idea to try it cause i didnt know how to ask the
status of firebug

regards

John J Barton

Feb 16, 2009, 11:14:24 AM2/16/09
to Firebug
If the Firebug user has the Console panel enabled, then
'window.console' will be defined on pages where Firebug is enabled.
If Firebug is not enabled for a page or if the user has the Console
disabled for a site, then web pages cannot know if Firebug is
installed or being used.

jjb

On Feb 16, 12:34 am, "goo...@cash-daddy.de" <goo...@cash-daddy.de>

Brian Di Palma

Feb 16, 2009, 4:29:11 PM2/16/09
to fir...@googlegroups.com
Might be a good idea to offer a version string like window.firebugVersion = 1.5.1 in future versions.

John J Barton

Feb 16, 2009, 5:12:20 PM2/16/09
to Firebug
In 1.3X.3b3, the value of 'console.firebug' is "1.3X.3b3". I put this
in a while back.
jjb