can not install firebug 1.5X.0a23

david

Sep 3, 2009, 3:45:01 AM9/3/09
to Firebug
Hi all,

When installing the latest firebug i got the message:

Firefox could not install the file at
http://getfirebug.com/releases/firebug/1.5X/firebug-1.5X.0a23.xpi
because: Download error -228
I could install other extensions, so the problem is not in firefox .
I use firefox 3.5.

Best regards,
David

BB

Sep 3, 2009, 6:10:24 AM9/3/09
to Firebug
See here: http://groups.google.com/group/firebug/browse_thread/thread/da530dfb07e18793

On 3 Sep., 09:45, david <michaelg...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> When installing the latest firebug i got the message:
>
> Firefox could not install the file athttp://getfirebug.com/releases/firebug/1.5X/firebug-1.5X.0a23.xpi

Oct 10, 2009, 3:41:46 PM10/10/09
to Firebug
Just follow this tip
"If you get a dialog box to confirm installation but the extension
isn't listed after choosing to install (or if you update an extension
but it's still the previous version after restarting), exit Firefox.
Go to the Firefox<b> profile folder</b> and look inside the
"extensions" folder. If you find a <b>staged-xpis</b> subfolder,
delete it. Reopen Firefox and try again [23]. "
You can find out the profile folder in the direction:
<i>C:\Users\<Windows login/user name>\AppData\Roaming\Mozilla\Firefox
\Profiles\<profile folder></i>
An old bug from firefox 1.5