Recursive domplate calls causing error

Nathan Mische

Sep 6, 2008, 5:32:27 PM9/6/08
to Firebug
Hi,

I'm running into an issue where recursive domplate calls are causing
the following error: "Error: parent is undefined." The source of the
error is line 438 of domplate.js.

I started to take a look at the domplate code, but to be honest it is
a little over my head.

I've posted a sample here: http://www.mischefamily.com/nathan/error_test_case.html

I guess I have two questions. Can domplate handle recursive calls, and
if so, any ideas what is causing this error? (I'm not sure if this is
related to the issue Christoph Dorn reported a few days ago?)

Thanks,

--Nathan

Christoph Dorn

Sep 8, 2008, 12:06:56 AM9/8/08
to Firebug
Hi Nathan,

I figured out what the problem is. You need to include TBODY tags in
your tables!

See here for more info: http://www.christophdorn.com/Blog/2008/09/07/domplate-debug-logging/

Christoph

Nathan Mische

Sep 8, 2008, 9:13:30 AM9/8/08
to fir...@googlegroups.com
Many thanks Christoph! I spent about an hour last night stepping
through code with the debugger and came to the same conclusion.

I just gave the debug version of domplate a try and I have to say, it
sure beats stepping through that code. Very nice!

Thanks Again,

--Nathan