Firebug 1.10

Jan Honza Odvarko

Jul 13, 2012, 9:20:34 AM7/13/12
to Firebug
https://blog.getfirebug.com/2012/07/13/firebug-1-10-0/

Firebug team is proud to release final Firebug 1.10!

Honza

Rodrigue Villetard

Jul 13, 2012, 10:22:46 AM7/13/12
to fir...@googlegroups.com

great ! Many thanks to all devs !
--
Rodrigue Villetard

cheekybuddha

Jul 13, 2012, 12:31:08 PM7/13/12
to fir...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Is Acebug extension now no longer required?

Thanks for the continued good work,

will

Jul 13, 2012, 1:36:15 PM7/13/12
to fir...@googlegroups.com
Congrats to all. A great release!

It didn't make the big ticket feature list but cmd+r to refresh the browser while firebug has focus is just dreamy.

Thanks for all your work.

Will

chris

Jul 15, 2012, 9:11:55 AM7/15/12
to fir...@googlegroups.com
Excerpts from [ cheekybuddha ] //// On [2012-07-13 09:31:08 -0700]:

> Hi,

> Is Acebug extension now no longer required?
Same question.

--
[ stardiviner ] ^^&^^ {I hate all of you ! Leave me alone}
IRC(freenode): stardiviner \\ Twitter: @numbchild \\

Jan Honza Odvarko

Jul 16, 2012, 3:04:48 AM7/16/12
to Firebug
On Jul 16, 5:22 am, nonneophyte <kam...@digital-parts.com> wrote:
> I don't mean to piss on all the important work, but somehow I am on the
> "release update channel" and as of about 7PM on July 13, my development has
> screeched to a halt as a result of many changes and seemingly broken
> features. What I find problematic is that I am not sure how this software
> upgraded itself on my system without so much as a prompt for permission. I
I guess you have auto-update on. Check this post about how to disable
it
http://twigstechtips.blogspot.cz/2011/06/firefox-4-disable-auto-update-of-addons.html

> am now on track to miss my deadline, thanks to this untimely update.
>
> On my system, Firebug 1.10.0 is running with Firefox 13.0.1.
>
> 1. The first problem issue, noticed on July 13th was the delayed load
> feature. While inconvenient for development, I certainly understand that
> quick-start is an important production feature. So I have worked around
> this, although not without pain...
You can also try to set this pref to false:
extensions.firebug.delayLoad

> 2. When I am able to drop down the "about Firebug" menu, it indicates
> "1.10.0" Sometimes the menus in Firebug are frozen in a state where they
> flash and are overlayed with the content of the page, making them
> non-navigable. When this occurs, all of the drop-downs are impacted. But
> the one that makes it impossible to use is when "Script" is selected and
> the script file dropdown reads "Inline" and the dropdown next to "Inline"
> simply flashes the names of the script files, but does not allow any to be
> selectable...
Could you send detailed instructions how to repro the problem?
If you go back to Firebug 1.9.2, does it still happen?
Could it be Firefox bug?

Firebug release archive is here:
https://getfirebug.com/releases/firebug/

Honza

> I need to get back to a working system.
>
> Any suggestions for compatible Firebug/Firefox versions to backtrack to?
>
> Ken

Sebastian Zartner

Jul 16, 2012, 4:05:45 AM7/16/12
to fir...@googlegroups.com
> 2. When I am able to drop down the "about Firebug" menu, it indicates
> "1.10.0" Sometimes the menus in Firebug are frozen in a state where they
> flash and are overlayed with the content of the page, making them
> non-navigable. When this occurs, all of the drop-downs are impacted. But
> the one that makes it impossible to use is when "Script" is selected and
> the script file dropdown reads "Inline" and the dropdown next to "Inline"
> simply flashes the names of the script files, but does not allow any to be
> selectable...
Could you send detailed instructions how to repro the problem?
If you go back to Firebug 1.9.2, does it still happen?
Could it be Firefox bug?
This can normally be fixed by turning off hardware acceleration via Firefox Button > Options > Advanced > General > Use hardware acceleration when available. And yes, this is a reported Firefox bug.

Sebastian

Jan Honza Odvarko

Jul 16, 2012, 4:29:16 AM7/16/12
to Firebug
On Jul 15, 3:11 pm, chris <numbch...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Excerpts from [ cheekybuddha ] //// On [2012-07-13 09:31:08 -0700]:
>
> > Hi,
> > Is Acebug extension now no longer required?
>
> Same question.
There are still some features in Acebug that are not available in
Firebug
e.g. Load from file and Save to file, see:
https://getfirebug.com/wiki/index.php/Firebug_Extensions#Acebug

Honza

CoffeeRob

Jul 16, 2012, 1:32:26 PM7/16/12
to fir...@googlegroups.com
Any reason why my firebug keeps removing itself from the customized tool bar?

Using Firefox 13.1

And Firebug 1.10

MAC OSX 10.7.4

Thanks rd

On Friday, July 13, 2012 6:20:34 AM UTC-7, Jan Honza Odvarko wrote:
On Friday, July 13, 2012 6:20:34 AM UTC-7, Jan Honza Odvarko wrote:

Sebastian Zartner

Jul 16, 2012, 3:36:40 PM7/16/12
to fir...@googlegroups.com
Any reason why my firebug keeps removing itself from the customized tool bar?
What exactly do you mean by "keeps removing itself"? Can you give exact steps what you're doing? Did you already try a new Firefox profile?

Sebastian

Ken Amron

Jul 17, 2012, 3:04:01 AM7/17/12
to fir...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for the quick response. I am not sure what made the "script-selection-not-possible" problem go away. But it is gone now, without any adjustment of the "hardware acceleration" settings, which on my system is still set to "use when available."

Also, the description of that bug is that the menu item appears transparantly. That was not what I was seeing. The dropdown(s) would continually flash at high speed, but they were completely unselectable, for as long as you would keep the tab selected.

Once I was able to clear all breakpoints and exit and restart several times, and progress my code, I have been able to make good progress using the latest release, with no further incidents. My code has evolved considerably now, so it could have been anything.

The problem wasn't just that the "script" file tab selector dropdown was not selectable. When this occurred, also the "Breakpoints" tab had the same problem. This made it almost impossible to do anything except exit and start over. But for a while Firebug was stuck in that state or it recurred several times.  When I attempted to drop down the selector triangle it flashed the choices, which were instantly overlayed by the content of the source code display frame or the content of the Breakpoint list.

It was possible to drop down Console and DOM during this failure.

If it happens again, I'll make a better effort to isolate it. But first I would need to take myself off the auto-update, otherwise isolating anything is impossible...

Ken Amron
Digital Parts, Inc.
877.374.4300 ext. 567

Sebastian Zartner

Jul 17, 2012, 4:01:18 AM7/17/12
to fir...@googlegroups.com
a lot of

ev is undefined
...(i);st=[];do{st.push(ch&255);ch=ch>>8}while(ch);re=re.concat(st.reverse())}retur...

in firebug console

how do I fix?
Maybe by defining ev? :-)
Unfortunately without a test case I can't tell you anything else than that.

Sebastian

Sebastian Zartner

Jul 17, 2012, 4:06:32 AM7/17/12
to fir...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for the quick response. I am not sure what made the "script-selection-not-possible" problem go away. But it is gone now, without any adjustment of the "hardware acceleration" settings, which on my system is still set to "use when available."
Ok, good.

Also, the description of that bug is that the menu item appears transparantly. That was not what I was seeing. The dropdown(s) would continually flash at high speed, but they were completely unselectable, for as long as you would keep the tab selected.
I see.

The problem wasn't just that the "script" file tab selector dropdown was not selectable. When this occurred, also the "Breakpoints" tab had the same problem. This made it almost impossible to do anything except exit and start over. But for a while Firebug was stuck in that state or it recurred several times.  When I attempted to drop down the selector triangle it flashed the choices, which were instantly overlayed by the content of the source code display frame or the content of the Breakpoint list.

It was possible to drop down Console and DOM during this failure.

If it happens again, I'll make a better effort to isolate it.
Yes, please. Without seeing the problem by ourselves we can't fix it.
Anyway, thanks for the feedback on this.

Sebastian

Jan Honza Odvarko

Jul 18, 2012, 2:26:00 AM7/18/12
to Firebug
On Jul 18, 3:00 am, Dylan Barrell <dylanbarr...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Where can I get a Chromebug that is compatible with 1.10?
Sorry, we don't have enough resource to support Chromebug so,
there is no compatible version for Firebug 1.10

The last working combo should be: Chromebug 1.7.2 + Firebug 1.7.3

Chromebug releases here:
https://getfirebug.com/releases/chromebug/

Honza

Sebastian Zartner

Jul 27, 2012, 5:05:29 AM7/27/12
to fir...@googlegroups.com
Honza is currently in vacations.

This looks more of an issue in NetVideoHunter. So please contact them via in...@netvideohunter.com, refer to this thread and tell them they should write us if they need help.

Sebastian

On Tuesday, July 24, 2012 5:01:51 AM UTC+2, Yanfang Liu wrote:
Hi Honza,

I want to report a issue:

Firebug 1.10 has conflict with NetVideoHunter, if both installed, the NetVideoHunter addon could not be used normally. But it works ok with Firebug 1.9.2.

Pls help to check this issue. Thanks very much!

Yanfang

在 2012年7月13日星期五UTC+8下午9时20分34秒,Jan Honza Odvarko写道:

Jan Honza Odvarko

Aug 2, 2012, 3:45:31 AM8/2/12
to Firebug
On Aug 2, 9:01 am, Shreyas Agasthya <shreya...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Guys,
>
> Great product! However, how do I change the hot-keys in my 10.7.4 Mac
> running the latest FIREFOX. I want to change the hot key combination of a
> few controls. In dire need.
Firebug (icon) menu -> Customize Shortcuts

opens a dialog to customize shortcuts.

Does it help?

Honza

Shreyas Agasthya

Aug 2, 2012, 4:34:40 AM8/2/12
to fir...@googlegroups.com
#FACEPALM.

Thanks so very much! I never observed that. Thanks a lot Jan Honza!

Regards,
Shreyas

Honza

Regards,
Shreyas Agasthya

Jan Honza Odvarko

Aug 2, 2012, 4:43:02 AM8/2/12
to Firebug
You are welcome :-)

Honza

On Aug 2, 10:34 am, Shreyas Agasthya <shreya...@gmail.com> wrote:
> #FACEPALM.
>
> Thanks so very much! I never observed that. Thanks a lot Jan Honza!
>
> Regards,
> Shreyas

Jan Honza Odvarko

Aug 15, 2012, 10:23:35 AM8/15/12
to Firebug
Could you try test Firebug build from here:
http://code.google.com/p/fbug/issues/detail?id=5809#c5

and let us know if it helps?

Honza

On Aug 15, 4:16 pm, Georgette Chalker <georgette.chal...@gmail.com>
wrote:
> <https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-fJ3J-JdCNRE/UCuuMyLDsHI/AAAAAAAAAm...> Adobe
> has taken over my Firebug plugin and I am livid! I've tried everything from
> uninstalling Firefox, to disabling any Adobe .ext or plugin, and still that
> button is dedicated to Adobe. The audacity!
>
> It is apalling! Please help, I need to be able to use Firebug in web
> development, otherwise, Firefox can go the way of Netscape and IE. I will
> stick with Chrome. Unfortunately, Firefox is still out there and used by a
> good proportion of the world's population.
>
> PLEASE HELP!
>
> My regards, Georgette

Georgette E. Chalker

Aug 15, 2012, 3:29:36 PM8/15/12
to fir...@googlegroups.com
I removed the Firebug plugin and there are no errors in the console.

Georgette Chalker
Comm. Mgr. and Web Dev.
Princeton University
Department of Geosciences