Stable Firebug version for Firefox 3?

Kyle Scholz

Jun 18, 2008, 1:58:44 PM6/18/08
to Firebug
Am I correct that FB 1.1.x beta is the most stable release compatible
with Firefox 3? If so, when do you plan to cut a final release of 1.1
and update 1.05 users? It sounds like a lot of new FF3 users are
having trouble finding the correct version.

John J Barton

Jun 18, 2008, 2:04:41 PM6/18/08
to Firebug
Hi Kyle, the best version for FF3 is Firebug 1.2

Firebug 1.1 works on FF2, and originally worked on FF3. But somewhere
around FF3b4 it stopped working. By that point Firebug 1.2 was well
along and we had enough on our hands to get it up on FF3.

My current thinking is that Firebug 1.2 will be complete in a few
weeks and at that point we will update 1.1 users and a week later 1.05
users. This all assumes that getfirebug.com gets off the operating
table and out of the ICU in time....

notuo

Jun 18, 2008, 6:35:00 PM6/18/08
to Firebug
Hi.

I just tried to use the link you mentioned for FF3:

but even I am running FF3 the install doesn't appear and tell me to
upgrade FF in order to use the extension.

Maybe something is wrong with the adons site.

Regards,

notuo

Jun 18, 2008, 7:42:57 PM6/18/08
to Firebug
The first page doesn't work. If you click on "see all versions" you
can install from there.

notuo

Jun 18, 2008, 7:42:57 PM6/18/08
to Firebug