Firefox 3.0 best for Firebug 1.4 beta

1 view

John J Barton

Jun 18, 2009, 5:40:28 PM6/18/09
to Firebug
New blog post tries to clarify the Firefox 3.0 status:
http://blog.getfirebug.com/?p=211

jjb

Bill Barry

Jun 19, 2009, 11:21:04 AM6/19/09
to Firebug
3.5 rc1 seems to run firebug (1.4.0 b2) just fine.

The only issue I have run into is that one time I managed to crash
firefox with this html:

onclick="location.go(-1)">go back</a></body>

by clicking on the break on next statement button and then clicking on
the link (note that it is invalid javascript calling location.go
instead of history.go; location is undefined). I think that I was
reading somewhere that this was a bug that was already fixed in
development versions though(hence I didn't bother reporting it;
besides the fact that I only managed to make it happen one time).

johnjbarton

Jun 19, 2009, 11:41:05 AM6/19/09
to Firebug

On Jun 19, 8:21 am, Bill Barry <after.fall...@gmail.com> wrote:
> 3.5 rc1 seems to run firebug (1.4.0 b2) just fine.

Thanks, that's great to hear! Still my recommendation stands: for
developers working day-to-day, the most solid combination for now is
1.4 on FF 3.0.

> The only issue I have run into is that one time I managed to crash
> firefox with this html:

> onclick="location.go(-1)">go back</a></body>
>
> by clicking on the break on next statement button and then clicking on
> the link (note that it is invalid javascript calling location.go
> instead of history.go; location is undefined). I think that I was
> reading somewhere that this was a bug that was already fixed in
> development versions though(hence I didn't bother reporting it;
> besides the fact that I only managed to make it happen one time).

Please use URL "about:crashes" to get the URL of the crash report and
post it so we can take a look. If you do get a reproducible crash I
can help you report it to Firefox.

jjb