Firebug 1.7a4

Honza (Jan Odvarko)

Oct 20, 2010, 9:39:24 AM10/20/10
to Firebug

David Cognito

Oct 21, 2010, 10:07:22 AM10/21/10
to Firebug
Hi. With Firebug enabled, latest Minefield always displays the addon
bar on restart even though I have hidden it. If I disable Firebug, the
addon bar remembers previous setting and remains hidden.

John J Barton

Oct 21, 2010, 11:34:52 AM10/21/10
to Firebug

On Oct 21, 7:07 am, David Cognito <davidcogn...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi. With Firebug enabled, latest Minefield always displays the addon

You're welcome, we don't charge extra for this service ;-)

> bar on restart even though I have hidden it. If I disable Firebug, the
> addon bar remembers previous setting and remains hidden.

I hope Firefox will soon implement appropriate controls for show/hide
on the new addon bar and document the new feature.

If you want to look in a way to cause the addon bar to hide/show based
on some preference, our code in knownissues.js:
http://code.google.com/p/fbug/source/browse/branches/firebug1.7/content/firebug/knownIssues.js

jjb

David Cognito

Oct 21, 2010, 12:05:22 PM10/21/10
to Firebug
On Oct 21, 4:34 pm, John J Barton <johnjbar...@johnjbarton.com> wrote:

> You're welcome, we don't charge extra for this service ;-)

Even the comedy is free! :)

> If you want to look in ... our code in knownissues.js...

I'll take a look but doubt I will know enough to contribute. I regret
that my coding ability usually extends only as far as complaining when
it doesn't work. :/

John J Barton

Oct 21, 2010, 12:15:07 PM10/21/10
to Firebug
The key part we need to know: what setting was changed when you did
what ever you did to hide it? If you can discover this by, eg asking
the Firefox team, then we can solve the issue. Extra points for
opening a report too:
http://code.google.com/p/fbug/issues/list

jjb

David Cognito

Oct 21, 2010, 3:50:11 PM10/21/10
to Firebug
Here's the issue report - http://code.google.com/p/fbug/issues/detail?id=3556

Not sure who or what to ask re. the Firefox team and changed settings.
I have ~20 other add-ons installed and only fbug is causing this
problem. Let me know if I can do anything else to help track down the
problem.

teohhanhui

Oct 23, 2010, 12:36:14 PM10/23/10
to Firebug
There is a conflict with latest Greasemonkey nightly build from
https://arantius.com/misc/gm-nightly/ on latest Minefield.

On loading any page, Firefox gives the unresponsive script warning for
chrome://firebug/content/lib.js on line 822.

John J Barton

Oct 23, 2010, 12:38:38 PM10/23/10
to Firebug

On Oct 23, 9:36 am, teohhanhui <teohhan...@gmail.com> wrote:
> There is a conflict with latest Greasemonkey nightly build fromhttps://arantius.com/misc/gm-nightly/on latest Minefield.

Please test on Firefox 3.6 and let us know. We can't use FF 4.0, it's
too broken.

jjb