Position & Salary of the Librarian

asuncion songco

Jan 21, 2010, 1:18:20 AM1/21/10
to FilipinoL...@googlegroups.com
Anybody Please help us: We are going to prepare a salary standard for the Librarians in our school, may we know the answer on the following questions:

1. Is there a minimum standard on training and experience for a librarian?
     ex.: 2 years work experience required?

2. How about qualification in terms of education?
 Elementary Librarian;
High School Librarian;
College Librarian- MLIS with License.

Thank you so much.

Get your preferred Email name!

Paulina Baba

Jan 21, 2010, 8:51:12 PM1/21/10
to filipinol...@googlegroups.com

try to find a copy of the QUALIFICATION STANDARDS FOR GOVERNMENT WORKERS set by the Civil Service Commission so you will be guided.....there are lots of librarian positions there and its qualifications....you can access it through the Civil Service office in your area or through the HRMO's of government agencies...any government agency has a copy of it.....are you from a private school?  maybe that QS is a good reference material that best answers your queries....Good luck...

--- On Thu, 1/21/10, asuncion songco <zzon...@yahoo.com> wrote:

Importing contacts has never been easier..
Bring your friends over to Yahoo! Mail today!

Trisha Plaga

Jan 24, 2010, 8:01:51 PM1/24/10
to filipinol...@googlegroups.com
sorry i don't have it.

Nancy Galban

Jan 26, 2010, 5:16:09 AM1/26/10
to filipinol...@googlegroups.com
Good day, since we are upholding our standards as licensed librarians, some issues are taken into consideration.  before the enactment of the librarianship law some government employees are lucky enough to be given a permanent position as college librarian 1 items.  the questions is?  we all know that non-licensed librarians and who finished a 4 years degree of any courses given a permanent status as college librarian 1 cannot be promoted to a higher position.  but i in our university, this employees with college librarian 1 items neither educationally qualified or licensed librarians are reclassified to a higher position up to college librarian 111 or college librarian 1V with a salary grade 18 or 22,000.00 plus monthly more than what a licensed and educationally qualified librarians.  what is the immediate action of the board of librarians regarding this matter.  we have to be more active to fight for our hard earned diploma's and licensed.

Jan 26, 2010, 5:56:25 AM1/26/10
to filipinol...@googlegroups.com

Hello there!

Thanks for supporting my post. We are riding on the same boat to reach our stars of success, achievement, promotion and recognition as librarians.... amping....

pau is here

Jan 27, 2010, 5:35:59 AM1/27/10
to filipinol...@googlegroups.com

Dear colleagues,

    Can i ask how much is the salary grade of a Reference and Circulation Librarian in A Private Institution?
cAN we fight for our Salary Grade?

New Email names for you!
Hurry before someone else does!

Marites Regalado

Jan 27, 2010, 2:39:08 AM1/27/10
to filipinol...@googlegroups.com
Hello everyone... With regards to our  sentiments as  librarians, i have also a question. What about public libraries manned by a person who is not a licensed one and holding a different position in the city goverment. Her position is in the Library is OIC, and according to the city government, they do not have the plantella yet for a librarian? We all know po that a public library should be manned by a licensed librarian. Do the BFL has any action for this? Hope to read an answer from the authorities. Thank you and god bless us all.

Sent: Tuesday, January 26, 2010 2:16:09

HOTMAIL, GMAIL, ….ACCOUNTS?
Invite your friends from Hotmail, Gmail to Yahoo! Messenger today!