!!! FVWM 2.00.46 !!!

Adam Kopacz

Aug 20, 1997, 3:00:00 AM8/20/97

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-schnabbel-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
Date: Wed, 20 Aug 1997 10:49:59 -0400
From: "Charles Hines" <chuck...@VNET.IBM.COM>
To: The FVWM Discussion List <fv...@hpc.uh.edu>,
The FVWM Announce List <fvwm-a...@hpc.uh.edu>,
The FVWM Workers List <fvwm-w...@hpc.uh.edu>
Subject: FVWM: fvwm 2.0.46 ready at last...
Sender: owner...@hpc.uh.edu

Howdy all.

Just a quick note to let you know that the next beta, 2.0.46, is
finially available. I've just uploaded it to ftp.hpc.uh.edu:

-rw-rw-r-- 1 chines fvwm 309199 Aug 20 09:33
fvwm-2.0.45-to-2.0.46.patch.gz
-rw-rw-r-- 1 chines fvwm 806706 Aug 20 09:33 fvwm-2.0.46.tar.gz

The patch is untested, but should work ok, I think.

It (like usual) doesn't have all of stuff in there that I really
wanted to get in there, but it was taking way too long to get out.

So if your favorite patch isn't in there, it may still appear in the
not too distant future. Namely, I expect a lot of gripes about the
absence of the animated menu patch and the colorlimit patch - some
variation of both of these will most likely appear in 2.0.47.

Here's the ChangeLog entry:

2.0.46
1. Patch to remove forgotten CLICKTORAISE #if check, from
Markus Gutschke
2. More mini xpm files
3. Fix to XTerm font change problem
4. There is no 4...
5. Updated extras/FvwmScript from Frederic Cordier
6. Changing default XORValue to 0, which now means "try and
guess what a good XORValue is for my display" (using recommended
method in the XLib Programming Manual)
7. Updated FvwmM4 & Cpp man pages to show correct invocation...
8. Updated extras/fvwmperl from Dan Astoorian
9. FAQ updates
10. Imakefile fixes
11. Added info to FvwmIdent (transient)
12. Brought back 1.xx like CursorStyle command (based on old
patch from Kit Smithers)
13. Patch from Patrice Fortier to allow xpm backgrounds in
FvwmButtons (noticed some problems with this)
14. Updated FvwmCommand from Toshi Isogai
15. Builtin WinList fixes (geometry string makes more sense now,
plus alphabetic sort option from Eric Schott)
16. Fix from Andrew for NoButton 0 problem
17. GetDecor SCO CPP patch from Andrew
18. Patch from Andrew for MWM buttons functions problems
19. Fix from Dave Goldberg for NoTitle & MiniIcon conflict
20. Move/Resize frame drawing bug patch from Makoto Matsushita
21. Patch to FlipFocus (under MouseFocus) from Markus Gutschke
22. Added patch from Rob Whapham/Thimo Jansen for FvwmPager
miniicons (plus small enhancements)
23. FvwmBacker patch from Tim Phipps to have it run fvwm
commands instead of unix commands, so borders & the like
can be changed too (just use Exec to get old functionality)
24. Latest FvwmIconMan (v1.0) from Brady Montz
25. Fix for static buffer overflow in SendDataToModule in read.c
(when IconPath/PixmapPath greater than 255 chars)
26. Patch from Tim Phipps to add Current op (like Prev & Next,
but operates only on Current window) and enhanced conditionals
for Prev/Next/Current/None (like the addition of !<name>)
27. Added FvwmWharf to extras dir (ported from AfterStep by who??)
28. Added FvwmTaskBar to extras dir (ported from fvwm95 by Don Mahurin)
29. Added FvwmWinList miniicons patch from Don Mahurin. Still
need to update docs for it...
30. Patches from Randy Ray to make windowshade module packets
more "standard" & add filename to MINI_ICON packet
31. Patch from Barry Warsaw to make multi head code work
slightly better (although it probably needs a total rewrite
to really work well - ctwm good model?)
32. Patch to echo builtin needs to remove final \n if there is
one (Greg Badros sees this, but I don't so it might be a system
dependent bug)
33. Patch from Dan Espen for keeping long icon names on screen
34. Made builtin function searching faster (hopefully) using
simple binary search (mostly to help speed up startup
time). Please let me know how this works since my
relatively simple setup isn't a good test case for this...
35. Removed 'raise_it' entirely, since no longer used
36. Made window move paging match Edgescroll values instead of
always doing full screens (should this be an option?)
37. Focus command no longer raises - use an interpreted
focus-and-raise function if that's desired
38. Minor menu code bug fixed - wasn't always ungrabbing the
cursor before executing function (timing dependent - most
of the time ok)
39. Fixes for DEC Alpha compile warnings
40. Fix for IconBox -0 handling, from Ric Lister

My thanks again to the folks on the workers list for helping flush out
last minute bugs, and to everyone for patches, suggestions, and your
(continued) patience with my not too timely releases...

Enjoy,
Chuck

Charles K. Hines <chuck...@vnet.ibm.com>
IBM Logic Synthesis Developer [BooleDozer (TM)]
Martial Arts Instructor [Modern Arnis, Presas Style Filipino Martial Arts]

-- of course, we ARE still in Hell." (Gary Larson)

es liegt unter:
ftp.hpc.uh.edu/pub/fvwm/version-2/fvwm-2.0.46.tar.gz
server war eben etwas ueberfordert, also mehrmals versuchen :)

Bye, Adam [klospatz] ... E-Mail: k...@writeme.com