windows supprt

jcd...@gmail.com

Jun 19, 2005, 6:37:03 PM6/19/05
to ffmpe...@googlegroups.com
Firstly congratulations on the product, it seems to be the only one of
its type out there at the moment.

I require a windows version of this software and I understand and have
read that you it should support windows, but it just hasn't been
compiled to do so...

I know you asked if someone could do this for you then you would host
it on the downloads.

I don't have experience with comiling source code so would be unable to
do so, but as mentioned i am really interested in utilising your
product but only have windows servers to my dispense at the moment...

If you would be willing to explain how I could do this i would be more
than happy to sort it for ya.

If not then im sure I could come to some arrangement... such as a theme
for the site or something(im a web designed and PHP programmer...)

Hope to hear from you or anyone who can solve my matter soon

Thanks

James Dodd

ffmpe...@gmail.com

Jun 20, 2005, 2:07:49 PM6/20/05
to ffmpe...@googlegroups.com
Hi James,

Unfortunately I know almost nothing about compiling software on WIndows
and so wouldn't be able to give you instructions on how to do so, I'm
mostly a Linux guy.

I have a Windows laptop that work loaned me and I borrowed a friend's
copy of Visual Studio but I haven't had a chance to dive into it yet.

I'll try to get the ball rolling on a Windows version of ffmpeg-php
this week since it seems to be the most requested freature lately.

As for the ffmpeg-php website. Yes, it needs work. I'm actually
employed as a web programmer myself so I guess it's a case of the
cobbler's children having no shoes :-). Any ideas or suggest you have
for improving the site are welcome, right now, it's mostly a patchwork
of themes and css I've stolen from similar sites.

Thanks for the feedback!

Todd

ffmpe...@gmail.com

Jun 21, 2005, 6:53:02 PM6/21/05
to ffmpe...@googlegroups.com
Ok, I installed VC++ and downloaded all of the stuff to build php on
windows. I've got cygwin installed and the ffmpeg cvs sources. I'm now
trying to get thru compiling php but getting various compile errors
that I've never seen before. Not much, but it's progress.

It's amazing how once you get out of your element you feel like a total
beginner again.

Now I know how it feels trying to compile ffmpeg-php for the first time
:-)

-Todd

ffmpe...@gmail.com

Jun 22, 2005, 2:07:55 AM6/22/05
to ffmpe...@googlegroups.com
Ok, php now builds correctly, now on to ffmpeg.which I presume will be
much more complicated.

ffmpe...@gmail.com

Jun 23, 2005, 2:25:31 AM6/23/05
to ffmpe...@googlegroups.com
After much screwing around, I finally got ffmpeg to build correctly
under mingw on windows. This creates the required avformat.lib and
avcodec.lib files. Now I have to figure out how to build php extensions
under Visual C++. Stay tuned...

-Todd

illk...@bitrings.com

Jun 26, 2005, 6:35:43 AM6/26/05
to ffmpe...@googlegroups.com
sorry,my english is very poor...:(
i build succeed ffmpeg-php use VC 6 or 7.1
i site use you ffmpeg-php by windows2003....;-)
---------------------------------------
my ffmpeg-php ext of win32 vc6
http://core.bitrings.com/ffmpeg.rar
http://core.bitrings.com/avcodec.dll (copy to Windows\System32)
http://core.bitrings.com/avformat.dll (copy to Windows\System32)
http://core.bitrings.com/php_ffmpeg_20050123.dll
http://core.bitrings.com/php_ffmpeg_20050212.dll
http://core.bitrings.com/php_ffmpeg_20050618.dll (build 0618)

:)
if you use ext_skel_win32.php create vc dsp/dsw file
neet modify ffmpeg.dsp file
> find "# ADD BASE " or "# ADD CPP " modify to
=>
# ADD BASE CPP /nologo /MT /W3 /GX /O2 /I "..\.." /I "..\..\Zend" /I
"..\..\..\bindlib_w32" /I "..\..\TSRM" /D "WIN32" /D "NDEBUG" /D
"_WINDOWS" /D "_MBCS" /D "_USRDLL" /D "COMPILE_DL_FFMPEG" /D ZTS=1 /YX
/FD /c
# ADD CPP /nologo /MDd /W3 /GX /O2 /I "..\.." /I "..\..\main" /I
"..\..\Zend" /I "..\..\..\bindlib_w32" /I "..\..\TSRM" /D ZEND_DEBUG=1
/D "WIN32" /D "NDEBUG" /D "_WINDOWS" /D "_MBCS" /D "_USRDLL" /D
"FFMPEG_EXPORTS" /D "COMPILE_DL_FFMPEG" /D ZTS=1 /D "ZEND_WIN32" /D
"PHP_WIN32" /D HAVE_FFMPEG=1 /D "LIBZEND_EXPORTS" /YX /FD /c
=========================

illk...@bitrings.com

Jun 26, 2005, 6:38:59 AM6/26/05
to ffmpe...@googlegroups.com
i very like this php ext !

illk...@bitrings.com

Jun 26, 2005, 7:10:23 AM6/26/05
to ffmpe...@googlegroups.com
sorry,this ext file has togdimage function
http://core.bitrings.com/php_f­fmpeg.dll (build 0618 with gd 2.0)

ffmpe...@gmail.com

Jun 28, 2005, 1:07:47 PM6/28/05
to ffmpe...@googlegroups.com
Cool!

I've been trying unsuccessfully to build ffmpeg-php for several days.
I'm gonna download your build and try it right now.

-Todd

ffmpe...@gmail.com

Jun 28, 2005, 2:50:42 PM6/28/05
to ffmpe...@googlegroups.com
I was unable to download this one. I think the link got mangled
somehow. Could you repost? Thanks!

-Todd

sn...@planet-d.net

Jun 28, 2005, 6:30:33 PM6/28/05
to ffmpe...@googlegroups.com
This is an another link to download:
http://azzerti.free.fr/php_ffmpeg_win32.zip

Somebody can me help for use this library with php5 ?
When I start my server (apache + php5), I have an error.(PHP Startup:
Unable to load dynamic library '...php_ffmpeg.dll' Module not found

I copied php_ffmpeg.dll in php/ext and I add in php.ini
extension=php_ffmpeg.dll, finaly I copied avcodec.dll and avformat.dll
in windows/system32 directory.

Can you help me?

Thanks for this library. And excuse me for my bad english.

Nicolas

illk...@bitrings.com

Jun 29, 2005, 9:09:45 AM6/29/05
to ffmpe...@googlegroups.com

illk...@bitrings.com

Jun 29, 2005, 9:11:36 AM6/29/05
to ffmpe...@googlegroups.com
> Somebody can me help for use this library with php5 ?
this library for php4...

sn...@planet-d.net

Jun 29, 2005, 9:36:53 AM6/29/05
to ffmpe...@googlegroups.com
Is it possible to obtient a compiled win32 version for php 5.04 or
precisely explain how compile for php5?

Thanks

illk...@bitrings.com

Jun 29, 2005, 12:48:12 PM6/29/05
to ffmpe...@googlegroups.com
http://core.bitrings.com/ffmpeg_new.rar
new version ffmpeg 0.4.4.0 (with gif movie class) for new avcodec.dll /
avformat.dll (4.3.9-11)
old version ffmpeg 0.4.4.0 (without gif movie class) for old
avcodec.dll / avformat.dll (5.0.4)
new version ffmpeg 0.4.4.0 not compile for php5 :-(

illk...@bitrings.com

Jun 29, 2005, 1:09:41 PM6/29/05
to ffmpe...@googlegroups.com
my ffmpeg files...if you own compile ffmpeg-php
====================================
http://core.bitrings.com/ffmpe­g_common_dll.rar 19MB
====================================

use mingw32

$ ./configure --enable-mingw32 --enable-memalign-hack
--disable-ffserver --dis
able-ffplay --enable-amr_nb --enable-shared
$ make

use vc98
lib /def:avcodec.def /machine:i386 /out:avcodec.lib
lib /def:avformat.def /machine:i386 /out:avformat.lib

copy avcodec.lib and avformat.lib to php4/ext/ffmpeg/*

vc98 compile ffmpeg-php
modify ffmpeg/libavcodec/common.h
find line "# include <inttypes.h>" to '# include "inttypes.h" '
copy my 'inttypes.h' and 'stdint.h' from ffmpeg_new.rar
add to ffmpeg.dsp project.
compile ok....:) / php4 ok ,but php5 failed...:(/

sn...@planet-d.net

Jun 29, 2005, 1:19:02 PM6/29/05
to ffmpe...@googlegroups.com
It's impossible to compile ffmpeg for php5 for windows ?

I'm newbie for compilation ...

ffmpe...@gmail.com

Jun 29, 2005, 2:19:48 PM6/29/05
to ffmpe...@googlegroups.com
I was able to get around the inttypes errors by defining
EMULATE_INTTYPES in the project.

ffmpe...@gmail.com

Jun 29, 2005, 9:36:20 PM6/29/05
to ffmpe...@googlegroups.com
Got it! Works great!

Did you have to hack the ffmpeg-php source at all to build on windows?
If so, send me whatever changes you made so I can roll them back into
cvs.

Would it be ok to post your build to the ffmpeg-php downloads page?

illk...@bitrings.com

Jun 29, 2005, 10:49:32 PM6/29/05
to ffmpe...@googlegroups.com
> Did you have to hack the ffmpeg-php source at all to build on windows?
my hacked ffmpeg-php source code in core.bitrings.com/ffmpe­g_new.rar
(changed 2-3 line,find 'illk' tag)
ffmpeg_frame.h >> 15 line add "#define HAVE_LIBGD20 1"
ffmpeg_animated_gif.h >> 23 line add "#define AVFMT_NOOUTPUTLOOP -1"
hacked ffmpeg source code in
core.bitrings.com/ffmpe­­g_common_dll.rar (modify common.h and delete
'inline' flag)

> Would it be ok to post your build to the ffmpeg-php downloads page?

if you test ok .... no problem :)

sn...@planet-d.net

Jun 30, 2005, 5:16:15 AM6/30/05
to ffmpe...@googlegroups.com
Somebody have any idea for compile with php5 support ?

It's very important for me and I don't know what i do.

captFuture

Jul 13, 2005, 7:56:17 AM7/13/05
to ffmpe...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for the work... it works great, with one exception.

I am trying to save an image from a VideoFrame
and toGDImage()... does not work...

Due lack of examples for ffmpeg-php I can't manage to get it working
for me.

Could anyone maybe help me out?
Cheers

Todd Kirby

Jul 13, 2005, 10:37:43 AM7/13/05
to ffmpe...@googlegroups.com
On 7/13/05, captFuture <prof...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Thanks for the work... it works great, with one exception.
>
> I am trying to save an image from a VideoFrame
> and toGDImage()... does not work...

How exactly does it not work? What error do you get?

illk...@bitrings.com

Jul 18, 2005, 12:04:06 AM7/18/05
to ffmpe...@googlegroups.com
http://core.bitrings.com/php_f­fmpeg.dll (build 0618 with gd 2.0)