Win32 build instructions for FFmbc-0.6-rc8

Robb Hlawek

Jul 12, 2011, 9:05:47 AM7/12/11
to ffmbc-discuss
Good Day,

Can anybody here direct me to a document that describes how to build
ffmbc binaries for Win32 native? Lacking that, does anybody know if
there is a repository where these binaries have already been built, I
suspect that I can build the project easily enough under Linux (I'm
just getting that going now) but I don't see how to build the binaries
for Windows.

Best regards,

Robb

Phillip Blucas

Jul 12, 2011, 10:59:30 AM7/12/11
to ffmbc-...@googlegroups.com
I have Windows binaries available.

To build your own, you need to set up either Cygwin or MinGW and MSYS.  Cygwin is fairly easy, but the binary will depend on the cygwin dll.

Find a random tutorial for how to build ffmpeg or libav on Windows and follow that to setup your build environment.  I use scripts (inspired by here) for MinGW/MSYS.  Swap ffmbc where it mentions ffmpeg and ignore any libraries you don't want to build (opencore, lame, x264, etc.).  You can skip the git/svn/cvs setups if you download tarballs for any extra libs.

You could also cross compile from Linux, but I've never tried that.

Agustin Goya

Jul 12, 2011, 12:13:51 PM7/12/11
to ffmbc-...@googlegroups.com

Robb Hlawek

Jul 12, 2011, 12:55:00 PM7/12/11
to ffmbc-discuss

Thank you for the link to the binaries and the reference. The 32 bit
version gave me what I was after for the moment. I am going down the
cross compile path on Linux, but I am currently stymied there because
I can't get openjpeg to build, but I'll address that later tonight.

I don't mean to hijack my own thread, but I have a problematic set of
HD mpeg2 files, 10 audio channels, which keep throwing a "frame has
invalid header" error in both FFmpeg and FFmbc when demuxing audio to
wav files, I had noticed that s302m.c in the ffmbc source had been
modified to also print the frame_size and buf_size values along with
the error, which made me think that somebody else was seeing problems
in this area.

I now know where the problem is, I just haven't figured out why the
problem is present as nothing else dealing with the files appears to
be complaining. Is this the appropriate place to post questions in
this regard?

Robb

Phillip Blucas

Jul 14, 2011, 11:06:47 AM7/14/11
to ffmbc-...@googlegroups.com
I've added RC9 builds.  Untested.
http://www.mediafire.com/?8xynxe10rxb88

Baptiste Coudurier

Jul 14, 2011, 4:43:34 PM7/14/11
to ffmbc-...@googlegroups.com, Robb Hlawek
Hi,

If you send a send file a long your mail it's way better, so people can
have a look at it :)

--
Baptiste COUDURIER
Key fingerprint 8D77134D20CC9220201FC5DB0AC9325C5C1ABAAA

Robb Hlawek

Jul 14, 2011, 8:22:00 PM7/14/11
to ffmbc-discuss

> If you send a send file a long your mail it's way better, so people can
> have a look at it :)

Yes, I do of course agree. But the smallest file I have with the
problem is quite large and I haven't yet managed a snippet that shows
the problem but I'll try again tomorrow. And I wasn't 100% certain
this was the best place to post the question to begin with, but since
it sounds like it is I'd like to start a new thread with an on topic
subject, and I'll provide more details there.

Phillip, thank you again for the binaries, they are very much
appreciated.

Best regards,

Robb